✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NME interview

kimberlina

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone noticed this on the german Coldplay website linked above? The tracklisting is in columns:

X1. Square One Y1. Speed Of Sound

X2. What If? Y2. A Message

X3. White Shadows  Y3. Low

X4. Fix You Y4. The Hardest Part

X5. Talk Y5. Swallowed In The Sea

X6. X&Y Y6. Twisted Logic

Looks like the album's in two parts, the first 6 tracks representing x and the last 6 representing y ... remember the thing about tension of opposites?

Perhaps the first half is pessemism (with the dark Square One, insecure What If and Talk) and the second half (with the optimistic Speed of Sound, love song A Message etc.) is optimism. Or maybe there's a different meaning.

Maybe it's nothing ... but I think I'm onto something!! :idea2:

I bought it and then lost it yesterday :(

Yay, found it again.

It's quite good, I haven't got a scanner so for those who can't get it the gist of it is:

. Chris doesn't care what the record company think, he'll take as long as he wants to release the album "We're trying to promote an album that will make them money, aren't we? EMI don't own us...Well, they own 75 per cent of us."

. He also says that if this album does well he might want to leave it at three. (But I don't believe that for one second)

. After they finished the AROBTTH tour they were wiped and pretty much grew apart:

NME: How did you feel after the tour finished?

Jonny: Pretty burnt out, like we hated each other.

Will: At that point we did yeah

Jonny: No, we've never hated each other. Well I've never hated anyone.

Guy: I've hated you

Others: Haaaa haaaa haaaaaa

They said they didn't hate each other, they were just exhausted by each other which reflected when they went back onto the studio a week after the tour ended. They say their egos inflated and thought they could just coast along and be relaxed about it and they were so experiemental that it didn't even sound like them playing anymore. Jonny says that they weren't that close at that point and never recoreded anything as a band, just individually, "There were alot of stony silences" agrees Chris.

. They took a break for a few months and tried again in a cheap rehearsal studio and settled their differences.

. NME says about the new album: "By decorating their core oeuvre with stylistic touches...Coldplay have made an Earth's-orbit-shifting masterpiece of sublime post-Radiohead solemnitude that'll cerment their position as The Most Huggable Band in the Universe and be voted Album of the Year in every magazine from NME to Builder's Arsecrack monthly..." :D

. It goes on to talk abit about Chris's over the moon/paranoid mindset. About how he thinks he's brilliant and is high and then the next minute is down and depressed. We've heard it all before to be honest.

. It finishes off with Chris saying he's realised that they had to reinvent "their own wheel" which he thinks they have with the new songs.

There's a part two next week which focuses on "money, the paparazzi and whether Gwyneth is their Yoko" :rolleyes:

Chris says if this album does well, that he wants it to leave it at three :o |

I think, why kill success if it's breakin your way

Debs said she would be VERY surprised if this was indeed the last album.

he also said it would be best if he blew off his head :stunned: but says he can't cos he's got apple

I really wouldn't worry about it, that's just Chris being his silly self. He's just nervous about the new album coming out and he knows how, when an musician dies, there is a stampede of people going out and buying eveything that person ever put out. I really doubt he meant that.

Chris says if this album does well, that he wants it to leave it at three :o |

I think, why kill success if it's breakin your way

He's also said something along those lines after each album, so don't take it too seriously.

Debs said she would be VERY surprised if this was indeed the last album.

Well thats a relief. I thought the interview was quite good, anyone notice that they introduced coldplay as being "about to release their best (and final?) album". That suggests its going to be amazing - i was getting paranoid about it being not as good as i'd hoped after the MTV review didn't love it that much. We've all been waiting so so long, i need it to be loved to justify the wait..!!!! :lol:

Guest LiquidSky
so, the black is the new coldplay? :o ;)

they have been using only black clothes in all the new pics... :o

Here's a tiny bit of blue:

coldplay3.jpg

http://www.coldplay.de/ click: News&Bilder

Omg! Thanks for that picture! :stunned:

*Saves as*