✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Band

Reilly

It'd be cool if some of you would check this out and give opinions, harsh ones allowed too! As long as there's understandable truth to them. If you know me, then dont pretend to like it because you dont wanna be mean hahaha, oh well.

Here we go:

EDIT: Songs coming soon! sorry, Im getting a 2nd copyright.

On this song I sing (TALK) and play simple rhythm guitar, and play verse. The other guy (Rob) I record with plays drums and lead on this one (Earlier I thought I played lead but this version is when he plays it, I think).

EDIT: Yep yep yep. Maybe by today.

I do nearly everything on this one, Rob plays another guitar in the bridge to keep time. He also made up the guitar bit which I played.

The other 11 songs should be uploaded sooooon enough, and by that I mean like a month from now... It was all recorded on a crappy mini 8 track studio so blips in sound and stuff (Especially in Song 1) come from it being a LARGE task to record drums properly.

kk. i honestly like your band a lot. and i'm not saying this cos i think you're one cool kiddo reilly but PA DA PA PA PA - I'M LOVING IT :lips:

it just hits the right spot and i believe you and the other guy rob had a lot of potential to make it big. :cool:

and the "animal sound" is still absolute hotness :wink3:

Both of them sound okay. Vocals are a bit weak and need to be compressed, and also need reverb and perhaps delay. I don't like the guitar sound either - there's too much gain on the rhythm. And don't use so much compression on the final recording! Just a little bit will do!

Musically and lyrically the songs are actually pretty good. It's just the recording quality that needs improving really (and the vocals... sorry!).

Thanks man!

Yeah I totally understand. Apparently I have the ability to sing, PROPERLY, but Im humming through my nose. Gah I definately shoulda took lessons when I had the chance :dozey:

So the mini studio has to help me out. We never bothered with compression or anything so I dunno what your speaking of. I know what you mean about the rhythm guitar, sounds like a WALL. Thanks again, its constructive ;)

Compression is an effect where you set a "threshold" and a "ratio". Any sound level which goes over the threshold is reduced by the ratio.

For instance, if you set the threshold to -20dB, and the ratio to 4:1, then any signal that goes over -20dB will be reduced by 4:1 (for every 4dB's over the threshold it only outputs 1dB). The levels then even out and you can bring the volume back up so the whole sound sits around the same level.

You can also set an "attack" time and a "release" time. The attack is how long it takes for the compressor to react, and the release time is how long it takes to return the signal to its normal level.

That might sound complicated, but they really are easy to use. They can be used to make instruments appear more powerful, and are normally used in bass and vocals (where notes can sound uneven because the bassist has used their fingers, or the vocalist has moved away from the mic). If you apply some compression to the vocals and a bit of reverb then they would already sound a lot better.

You say you haven't used any, which is very strange - for instance, the sound of the bassdrum in the second song is actually bringing down the volume of the other instruments, which is typical with a very high compression level (it's called a "pumping" effect).

And if that makes any sense, then well done.

Ha' date=' i expected it to sound like coldplay.... needless to say, not what i expected. but not bad at all. pretty rockin[/quote']

Hahaha I'd die before I sound like Coldplay.

And you can go to a lawyer with a copied CD, a parents attorney or whatever. It's a pretty simple thing to do actually and it doesnt necessarily have to be done online.

But prices vary. :smug:

Reilly, for sound editing I highly reccomend that you use Goldwave or Sound Forge. I prefer Sound Forge over Goldwave but SF costs about 3000 USD :p If ya want it that bad, warez it! Goldwave is free but it's kind of annoying to use. Sound Forge makes sound editing VERY easy. Anyways, I haven't been able to d/l any of your band's stuff, because I'm on a shit dial up connection with xfer speeds of like 3.2 kb/s. So once I get cable (tomorrow) I'll d/l them and review! :)

Sorry Eagle! I am getting a 2nd copyright through Soundclick, it should be up again tomorow.

I'll read over more carefully what you wrote about editing! Because I have no clue what editing is, to be honest. :embarrased:

*Absolute amateur*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...