✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay X&Y Leak Rumor

wiReZ

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

promotional copies should be all over the place by next week.. Its crazy it hasnt been leaked already...

I got a feeling early next week it will be spread among us.. perhaps end of next week..

You really think so? =( I don't know...we've been saying "next week" for the past month now!

Coldplay has to be given major props for the tight hold they have on the album. That's so hard to do nowadays.

promotional copies should be all over the place by next week.. Its crazy it hasnt been leaked already...

I got a feeling early next week it will be spread among us.. perhaps end of next week..

You really think so? =( I don't know...we've been saying "next week" for the past month now!

Coldplay has to be given major props for the tight hold they have on the album. That's so hard to do nowadays.

Yes they have done really well on this album.. but it only lasts for so long.. its just how it goes these days.. all it takes is one person to put it on the p2p.. and millions will then have it.. and its very suprising to me this hasnt been leaked yet.. im more than sure that its been pressed, and promos have already been sent to review & radiostations..

im tellin ya.. give it a few more days.. its about to overflow with X&Y

keep in mind im not meaning this in a "Im gonna download it and not buy it"

If music means something to me.. then I buy it.. an mp3 doesnt do the final product justice.. and the full package included their artwork that goes along with their album..

in fact, I believe when it gets leaked, it will not in anyway decrease their sells.. with iTunes around.. people would rather just buy it for what.. 9 bucks and have the album if they were to download it?

their sell will be amazing for this album...trust me

im more than sure that its been pressed, and promos have already been sent to review & radiostations..

Well yeah it has been pressed and probably getting ready to ship. But from what I hear it isn't getting to stores as early as CDs usually get to stores for sale (like I think it'll only arrive a couple days before shelf-date...and music stores are pretty good about not opening those boxes before they need be. At least WalMart is...I've tried many times to get them to open them at 11:00pm the night before something goes on sale. I never win.) But for reviewers they had to listen to it on an iPod in a case with an open door and a security guard at the door and could only bring in a pen and paper or something like that. So...I'm not thinking that it's been sent out for review purposes and promo copies -- probably only the record execs are getting those, and they're not likely to put it on any p2p servers (talk about hypocrisy if they did.)

I can't use p2p at my dorms, has anyone tried downloading X&Y songs from them? are they fakes? blanks? or did coldplay pull a madonna and put a bunch of tracks from the album up there saying "what the f*ck do you think you're doing?" :D That'd be pretty much the most fun thing to remix.

im more than sure that its been pressed, and promos have already been sent to review & radiostations..

Well yeah it has been pressed and probably getting ready to ship. But from what I hear it isn't getting to stores as early as CDs usually get to stores for sale (like I think it'll only arrive a couple days before shelf-date...and music stores are pretty good about not opening those boxes before they need be. At least WalMart is...I've tried many times to get them to open them at 11:00pm the night before something goes on sale. I never win.) But for reviewers they had to listen to it on an iPod in a case with an open door and a security guard at the door and could only bring in a pen and paper or something like that. So...I'm not thinking that it's been sent out for review purposes and promo copies -- probably only the record execs are getting those, and they're not likely to put it on any p2p servers (talk about hypocrisy if they did.)

I can't use p2p at my dorms, has anyone tried downloading X&Y songs from them? are they fakes? blanks? or did coldplay pull a madonna and put a bunch of tracks from the album up there saying "what the f*ck do you think you're doing?" :D That'd be pretty much the most fun thing to remix.

fortunately, coldplay has more class than madonna to pull something like that. :D

someone on another board posted this,

"It hasn't leaked anywhere and it won't do. There are only a few handful copies of the cd around the world, they don't have any track names on them, the artwork isnt with the cd, a random band name has been put on the cover, and review copies are sent by courier via personal jet and handed to the reviewer in person. Who then has to sign a disclosure document. The cd is also kept in a sealed envelope and must be rturned to EMI in person when done with.

The only way its gonna get leaked is if someone at the pressing plant leas it and every employee is checked by security gurads at random and before they leave work. "

It'll be on the internet as soon as it hits stores though. And people who don't want to buy can probably download the songs the very same day. I wonder how much a difference it would make in sales if the album woudl leak before release date?

Well, if I find a leak of it, I will still buy the album. I think most fans will buy the album.

I have read that album sales have gone up since downloading started, because more people have exposed to the music. Although many criticize that it is killing the industry.

F**k it, I've almost changed my flight date back to my home to stay in the us till the album released.

then I pre-ordred it on amazon.com

probably I'll get the leaked version before the cd arrived anyway :confused: