✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay X&Y Leak Rumor

wiReZ

Over the last hour, UCLA Bruin Radio claims they're going to play X&Y on their radioshow tonight between 12-2am midnight. I think it's bullshit. This has been posted on Coldplay's official forums and a few other forums I visit.

I guess they arent aware of this album's tight security. heh

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bad news, kids. I don't know anymore. It seems my contact at the station, one of the DJ's of the midnight-2am show, is already being threatened because some spoiler had to go put this on the official Coldplay board, which is being watched like a hawk for leaks. It all depends on whether he still wants to go ahead as planned.

It could still happen, but don't hold your breath and don't stay home just to listen. But if you do tune in, maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise. Or not. I'll let you know when I hear something else. The matter is currently being discussed.

Developing... "

If he says for sure, someone'll turn him in. and then he can't play it and looks like a liar. this way he gets lots of listeners, probably doesn't have it -- but alot of people don't want to risk it (i don't ... but i can't stay up till 5)

i don't think this is a ploy. i think they're serious about doing it. this is more exciting than nothing either way :) I'll think once the responsibility is off their shoulders they'll do it. They may not be able to get it approved before next time

yeah, that's cool. I graduated from UNT last year and I'm still living here trying to get things together. You're in NYC, huh? That's funny, cause I'm originally from there:)

I've enjoyed listening to this station. Was that loretta lynne they just played? The cover of "I'll stop the world..." I love interpol. they're amazing live

it's funny to me, cause in the long run all "leaks" do is continue exposure to a larger audience. It's true that some people will just download the album and not buy it, but the real topic that needs to be addressed is this fucking uptight world we live in... So these people download the album; theyre more likely to go to a show then where the real money is spent. And coldplay is doin just fine for them selves i'm sure... Also, music is a really expensive habit to begin with and i'm proud of people who are passionate about music and meaning. I don't at all blame those people who just download. It's a tough world and hard to just get up out of bed sometimes. I wonder how many people have committed suicide since the album was completed; people who's lives could have been saved by taking in x&y (if it had been released immediately). I'd say at least 20 or 30. Damn shame