✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

best and worst of X&Y

petehatch

TOP 3:

White Shadows- ooooo the super sonics, melody, and beat

Swallowed by the Sea- damn you and your melodies, martin!

Fix You - love it, love it, love it, dont love the guitar mega chorus, love it

BOTTOM 3:

A Message- amazing lyrics, chorus gets boring

Low - still need to uncover its jewels, hope there are some behind all its forced testosterone (studio clip gives me hope i can hope)

The Hardest part- yikes. your drum beat and chorus hurt me so. U2 at their worst.

OVERALL:

you're a cool dude, X&Y. nay, incredible. cant wait to meet your next b-sides and soak up your many contrasting moods.

Okay, myself...i do not think that White Shadows is the best like many others do, nor am I too excited about hearing the entire version of the Hardest Part, it sounds kind of sappy. I think that Speed Of Sound is a great song whether it sounds similiar to Clocks or not and I am a fan of the Coldplay ballads. What If = Great Song, Fix = Great Song (i do love the heavy drum section, without it it would be boring), X&Y = Great Song. I must admit that I love pretty much all Coldplay songs except for Green Eyes (what were they thinking) and I will love the entire album of X&Y. I just must state my opinion seeing as it is very different from the rest of you. I'm sure it will change once I hear the whole album. :)

Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes Green Eyes...

i actually love this song...as well as most of coldplay's songs. every album has a weak song... in my opinion Spies was their weakest on Parachutes, A Whisper on AROBTTH, and to me, so far SoS is the weakest i've heard off X&Y. But don't get me wrong, i like spies, SoS, but not A Whisper that much.. :)

spies? that surprises me... une classique.

i would like to rearange the songs i dislike. Low is cool, a message is cool.

X&Y is really not that cool. it sounds like a musical and a schmalzy one. better when the beat comes in but does anyone else think those strings are overly syrupy?

*to the people fretting about picking favorites and least favorites at this point in the game: stop crying.

A) our opinions mean nothing

B) we're reacting to what we've heard, full song or not.

C) unless you have no discernment, you have songs you like more than others.

This guy I know at another board (non coldplay site) has been jamming out to the X&Y album for the past week.. and im tryin to get in touch with him about possibly getting a copy from him.. i'll b sure to give it to someone round here if i do..

This guy I know at another board (non coldplay site) has been jamming out to the X&Y album for the past week.. and im tryin to get in touch with him about possibly getting a copy from him.. i'll b sure to give it to someone round here if i do..

LOL.

LOL.

im serious... thats not that hard of a concept to understand, considering its almost two weeks before the release