✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Talk" - which version?

who cares?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:stunned: I'm shocked at this outcome... lol I like the album version.. the lyrics go somewhere as oppose to the the former version.. and the production on it is 100000000000x 's better.. Jonny's guitar solo.. and oh, the bass line!! I love the album version... and I even did a little comparison game yesterday to decide :smug:

My vote goes to Leaked... The lyrics are better, it has more riffs, and is more focused. Production-wise, the album version is better & more complete (and yes, it fits with the whole album more), the bass-line's much improved...

But from the old, I really do miss the flow, and the hypnotic part that goes "I'm looking at pattern...". The guitar blastout at the end of that section (about 03:45)was really good too, it had impact. They did retain that riff in the album version, but it's been obscured by the bigger sound coming from the other parts.

I wonder why couldn't they have retained the guitar blastout solo from the original version (put it in an earlier part, at the end of the first verse maybe?), and retained the lyrics. The finale (around the 4-minute mark) guitar blast from the album version is really good though and belongs there :D

:angry:

I finally got X+Y the other day...and when I heard "Talk" suddenly stop and go into that first verse with NO RYTHM SECTION I was bloody appalled...this is one of the most unfair and worst things ever to happen in music I think.

The leaked version was bloody amazing! The verses were superb with amazing dark brooding sounds and a bloody amazing beat, the lyrics were fantastic and the song just had this amazing 'Swelling' feel to it before it reached the amazing chorus and now they've gone and castrated that as well. The chorus is APPALLING! The lyrics are drivel and the multi-layered vocals just don't work...I cannot stand it. Fair play it's their choice, but this new version just doesn't cut it next to the original. It's like saying "Oh, let's just put a DEMO version of this song on the album!"... :(

HOWEVER, the new version does have a rather good instrumental break before going to the good final chorus from the ORIGINAL. So I'm going to try and make a mix of the two! Should sound good.... :idea2:

Oh no, not Yousendit :(

That is the one and only site, that always don't work for me -.-

Anyway, thanks, but I couldn't download it ... :/

What about savefile.com ? *g*

HOWEVER, the new version does have a rather good instrumental break before going to the good final chorus from the ORIGINAL. So I'm going to try and make a mix of the two! Should sound good.... :idea2:

Post us all a version of it when you're done ok? :D

I totally agree with you on all the points about both the old and new versions. A mix would be super

Not LOOKING for an argument but I think that's another problem I have with the NEW one! :stunned:

It keeps to basically the same sequence the Computer Love riff is played over for the whole tune through verse to chrous to verse, until the end when it changes for a bit to the little instrumental break, then goes back! :snore: