✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Talk" - which version?

who cares?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listened to one and nobody helps telling me if it's the old or the new one. :angry:

if the lyrics start with: "Under the great North star, trying to work out where you are" then it's the old (leaked) version...

if not, it's the new one..... (the album one)

the leaked version is superior. it was the original version of the song and Martin intended for it to be on the album. The bridge and guitar eruption on the leaked version would have been the most powerful moment on X&Y. I don't know why he had to change it that much after it was leaked anyway. I guess he was pissed off or thought it would hurt sales if they kept it and released it as a single since it was already out. What do you guys think?

the leaked version is superior. it was the original version of the song and Martin intended for it to be on the album. The bridge and guitar eruption on the leaked version would have been the most powerful moment on X&Y. I don't know why he had to change it that much after it was leaked anyway. I guess he was pissed off or thought it would hurt sales if they kept it and released it as a single since it was already out. What do you guys think?

I too fell for the leaked talk but now the album version is my favorite. The richness of the production does lend itself to a better version. Coldplay scrapped all of the songs they laid down in early 2004, Talk had to be part of that. When they came back to work with the new producer that's when they decided to tweak talk into the version it is now. Evidently there are more than the 2 versions. Either way, both versions are classic.

I haven't heard the new version yet (since I didn't download the album), but from reading the lyrics, I think I like the old lyrics a bit better. But, we'll see once I heard the song.

I LOVE the leaked version - I think that if they would have just left the lyrics alone then the song itself would have turned out fine. The "leaked" lyrics flow sooo well with the music and the album version sounds a little forced and unnatural. The album version is a classic example of something that was done right the first time, second guessed, and unnecessarily rewritten in the search for perfection. I only hope that the leaked version might get released as a b-side/demo/alternate version on a future single. **crosses fingers**

I LOVE the leaked version - I think that if they would have just left the lyrics alone then the song itself would have turned out fine. The "leaked" lyrics flow sooo well with the music and the album version sounds a little forced and unnatural. The album version is a classic example of something that was done right the first time' date=' second guessed, and unnecessarily rewritten in the search for perfection. I only hope that the leaked version might get released as a b-side/demo/alternate version on a future single. **crosses fingers**[/quote']

I prefer the leaked version. The newer has acooler guitar riff in the middle right before the end chorus, but I feel like the album version is "too slow" so to say. It wants to go somewhere but doesn't really until the end and then you've waited so long... Or I'm just used to the leaked one. ;)