✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

a really bad review of Coldplay's new CD

musiclover

Oh man ALR...I really don't know Blue Merle at all, except for one song that confused the hell out of us some time ago! That guy sounded exacty like Chris! First we thought it was something out of X&Y, then a something unreleased, then a cover...it was hilarious! :lol: Lyrically though, nothing alike.

Well, I'm obviously deaf. Every single person I talk to says "Hey, they're the ones who sound just like Coldplay!" I just don't get it. Oh well. :confused: :lol:

ive always HATED the ny times' date=' its a horrible newspaper.[/quote'].

Well probably because you're a 17-year old kid from a town like Orlando, which makes cardboard seem interesting by comparison.

in not from orlando, i live near, but where i live or my age has nothing to do with this. so please dont make childish assumptions. the ny times is a left wing newspaper, that is one of the reasons i have never liked it.

You only make yourself look like the idiot.

Actually, I would submit that calling the Times a "horrible newspaper" makes that guy look like an idiot. I don't care if you hate the New York Times, but it is our country's paper of record, like it or not. So to call it horrible makes one look, well, idiotic.

My guess, and I doubt I am wrong, is that the guy who doesn't like the Times doesn't have one smart thing to say about it. Prove me wrong and I'd be happy to apologize.

Ah so im an idiot or look like an idiot for calling a paper that i think is horrible, horrible?

I do not like the times for 2 reason, the first and most important one is it leans left, the other is that review. So please be mature and respect others opinions.

Well probably because you're a 17-year old kid from a town like Orlando, which makes cardboard seem interesting by comparison.

in not from orlando, i live near, but where i live or my age has nothing to do with this. so please dont make childish assumptions. the ny times is a left wing newspaper, that is one of the reasons i have never liked it.

i don't want to add something unnecesary to the discussion but i need to say this

mrcool011 you don't even know what left wing means, i already read all the wrong things you said in the fox news guy thread a few weeks ago... man don't take it bad but you better not talk and say stupid things if you don't even know what you're saying

i know you're gonna say that i'm inmature and that i don't respect other people's opinions but i really don't mean to offend you that's just how i feel about all this...

and about all the bad X&Y reviews i think we coldplay fans should read them without any fanatism because most of the times they're just telling the thruth... the album's not as good as we though it would be... it's a nice, beautiful record but at the same time a huge dissapointment :cry: , it's musically not challenging and pretty much safe, bassically the same old safe formula used in the previous two :embarrased: :( :cry:

"every step that you make could be your biggest mistake" well i think this was a mistake but hopefully they'll recover and make a sensational fourth album ;)

I wish reviewers would not let their opinions of Chris influence their reviews of the album. I don't care whether you like Chris or not, that shouldn't factor into your review. If you feel so strongly about him, you will naturally be biased against the album. A lot of the bad reviews I have read have been much more about how much so and so hates Chris than about the problems with X&Y

"mrcool011 you don't even know what left wing means, i already read all the wrong things you said in the fox news guy thread a few weeks ago... man don't take it bad but you better not talk and say stupid things if you don't even know what you're saying"

I'm sorry but I do know what leftwing means.

left wing also Left Wing

n.

1. The liberal or radical faction of a group.

btw ny times is left wing.

"i know you're gonna say that i'm inmature and that i don't respect other people's opinions but i really don't mean to offend you that's just how i feel about all this..."

feel any way you wish, you have a right to and you should feel how you want to.

"mrcool011 you don't even know what left wing means, i already read all the wrong things you said in the fox news guy thread a few weeks ago... man don't take it bad but you better not talk and say stupid things if you don't even know what you're saying"

left wing also Left Wing

n.

BTW probably all of the media you read is "right wing" :)

"i know you're gonna say that i'm inmature and that i don't respect other people's opinions but i really don't mean to offend you that's just how i feel about all this..."

left wing also Left Wing

n.

i meant to say that you can't understand what real left wing media is... you live in the us and almost nothing there is left wing... left wing is about social justice (there is about 35 million people living under the poverty line in your own country), just what the band aims for with the MTF campaign... it's just like chris said, that you can't really realise about the situation until you go to africa or haiti or third world countries like mine :( that's what i meant when i said that

I wish reviewers would not let their opinions of Chris influence their reviews of the album. I don't care whether you like Chris or not, that shouldn't factor into your review. If you feel so strongly about him, you will naturally be biased against the album. A lot of the bad reviews I have read have been much more about how much so and so hates Chris than about the problems with X&Y

There's a simple solution - DON'T read reviews!! ;)

i meant to say that you can't understand what real left wing media is... you live in the us and almost nothing there is left wing... left wing is about social justice (there is about 35 million people living under the poverty line in your own country), just what the band aims for with the MTF campaign... it's just like chris said, that you can't really realise about the situation until you go to africa or haiti or third world countries like mine :( that's what i meant when i said that

Okay, I'm glad this has ended somewhat aimiably. Let me just state that you are obviously correct, we in the US get a watered down liberalism as well as conservatism in most senses, probably(certainly?) because we are so heavily sheltered. Anyway, mrcool was refering to US-style-left-wingishness, not broad global left-wingery. Heck, our conservatives are economic neo-liberals in international terminology :confused:

Anyway, mrcool has every right to dislike (or just not read) left-leaning media, I have every right to think Fox News is the devil :lol:, and musicman has every reason and right to hate both our guts for indirectly supporting the severely lopsided political and economic balance in the world.

Sorry if I come off as hoity toity, just glad we can all (eventually) get along :cool:

i would be worried if coldplay didn't get a bad review. i am so sick of hearing every journalist/critic just jump on this coldplay-hype bandwagon. all the good reviews sound the same.

coldplay still have a ways to go...i don't want them to think they are good enough to stop now.