✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is learning to play the piano hard?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

here's the skinny-- i'm 16 and a half now, and in a couple of months i'll be playing piano for two years. i play everyday for some amount of time because i enjoy it so much. initially i tried learning music that was way too hard for me, such as ben folds and ben folds five, and then i stepped backwards. every coldplay song is easy to me now, and i started learning coldplay last fall. It depends more on how much you enjoy the instruement and whether you have any god given talent. I have friends who can't even keep a steady beat or humm a tune without going off. That's a bad sign. I play everyday, and if you learn how to read, and just keep practicing coldplay will look easy in a year.

I´ve always wanted to learn properly how to play the piano.

3 year ago I decided to take lessons and I went on for 9 months afetr I let go cause I finished school and I had to go to Germany.

Last year(thanks to chris) I decided to buy the chord Book of X&Y..I learned how to play speed of sound8the start) and other bits...After that I also bought The Live2003 book(it´s actually for guitar, but once you have the guitar chord you can actually play it on the piano) so I learned clock, the scientist and other song. Now I can play most of coldplay songs and I love it. I think it´s quite easy to learn how to play an instrument once you have really understand you love it and you do that cause it´s a passion. In september i´m gonna start to take lessons again so that I will learn more and better to read music.:)

who's the idiot who posts himself doing the coldplay songs on hsi piano? that aggravates me so much for two reasons- one, if you're gonna do a cover, just make it audio and make it sound good, we don't need videos of your goofy ass, and two, make it original or something, the kid just played the songs like they were "extremely difficult" while in reality anyone over twelve could be playing coldplay in a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean. I have tried, but it just has not worked out. The previous teacher I was seeing did not seem to be that dedicated. I am in the process of finding a new teacher that is in the area. I would prefer not to travel 30-40 minutes one way for lessons, but if that's what it takes for a solid piano teacher, then so be it.