✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay: Videography

Reilly

Lets run through Coldplay's greatest videos, this shall be fun.

Before I go on, I'll let you know I in some way respect videos for Yellow and Dont Panic, Yellow because it was a simple video which worked well for a simple song, and Dont Panic because they did something original for once. Now, lets move on...

The Scientist: Hahaha lets do it backwards, Chris said. Why the hell not you freaking idiot. And its funny because it makes no sense (Unless Mr Complexed Martin tried to make it like that) the way he crashes a car, the woman breaks her face, he flips through the windshield, and without a stain of blood on him he walks around a forest. Im presuming he walked to the town and found a sunchair (After changing his clothes), and decided to take a nap, call an ambulance you nut.

Trouble: Its not laughable bad but its pretty fricken bad. Actually its beyond laughable bad, its just so bad its pure sad, it makes me sad to see people honestly putting out videos like that. But while we're on the topic of Trouble, I think Coldplay made that song in desperation that Trouble TV would pick them for one of those 20 second music clips for da kids. I think they woulda made a more appropriate Trouble TV band than what theyre doing now.

In My Place: Cream filled room with anonymous loiterers sitting in the background. Hate it, pure performance videos is what makes music worth waiting for (And before one of the more cleverer people out there try to respond to me, no I didnt like the video for Creep).

Clocks: Yay another performance video, they should feel proud though because they ripped off Radiohead's light show which they've become known for after Amnesiac. But its good to see Chris Martin got a Player Piano so he can stand up and sing with his face pressed up against the camera lens rather than sitting down at the icky piano. Ick.

I think for Coldplay's next video they should simply show a black screen with the flashing text of "Make Trade Fair", or seeing as Coldplay need to stick in the times with the hippest world problem out there, the text could say "Make War Go" either way is fine with Chris and, well its fine with Chris anyway.

My contribution: http://thescientist1.tripod.com/videos.htm

Trouble (USA version) is so much better than the UK version which i believe you were talking about. :D Probably my favorite.

Not crazy about the new version of Clocks. I don't like having Chris not on piano and standing with a microphone which would not happen. Plus the live version has so much energy which the new one is lacking. Nice lights as well.

Not wild about the Scientist either due to ALL the flaws. Of course yopu can explain that the reason why Chris or the car aren't smashed or bloody is because they both died and they are ghosts throughout the beginning of the video (why else would Chris run around the forest and the city instead of getting medical attention. plus no one interacts with him!!!) :o

My 2 cents!!

I think for Coldplay's next video they should simply show a black screen with the flashing text of "Make Trade Fair"' date=' or seeing as Coldplay need to stick in the times with the hippest world problem out there, the text could say "Make War Go" either way is fine with Chris and, well its fine with Chris anyway.[/quote']

hahaha

I agree on The Scientist, after all how the car manages to get to the bottom of the hill with the bonnet intact, never mind without a scratch is beyond me. Nevertheless its a great song.

I prefer performance videos (not forgetting Shiver). Clocks is IMHO the best video they've produced for the second album.

Guest LiquidSky

I would have to say "Clocks" & "The Scientist". Those two videos are my fav. & they are awesome! :D

to tell u the truth, i dont really like their videos. First of all, almost all of their videos are performance videos and they can do something more creative ( we know how they look like when they perform), and chris doesnt look like chris in yellow, but i do like the scientist. I still havent seen shiver or dont panic.

The Chris in Yellow is from years ago! If you think he's young you should get your hands on the Shiver video' date=' *he's* the one with the most hair :o[/quote']all their hair is different except will's

never really changed :D

they're all young in that video :o

Hahah Chris looks like such a pube in Shiver.

(PS, Shiver chorus: Complete ripoff of Bullet Proof chorus by Radiohead- off the Bends, except they decide to do the cover version in a light breezy mode rather than intense Radiohead sleep time. Have fun ladies and gents)

I dont think all of Coldplay are consistently ripping off Radiohead, mostly Chris most of the time, and if you listen to the actual chorus (Which is the main part of any song) Shiiiveeeeer goes on exactly like Its bulleeeet proooooff... I went to the liberty of putting on Bullet proof as Shiver came on Q interactive, and they both match up way too much. The difference is (Like I already said) the guitarist converts Radioheads sleepiness to a more upbeat tone, its simple.