✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A world with out "Cash"

Reilly

With Credit Cards and debit cards being used more and more, should we eventually get rid of cash all together? Would that be practical?

Cash can have it's uses. You want to buy your friend's CD that is never listened to anymore, you want to give him $5, or you lost a small bet and owe money, but how could you do that with debit or with out cash? Will technology evolve to the point where it will be simpler than we can imagine? Is this a possible and probable way of the future?

I can totally imagine it, I dont think it sounds far fetched at all.

Especially with the fact EVERYONE has mobile phones nowadays. There could be some kind of instant transaction service on a mobile phone or pocket organiser, if you owe your friend £5 you just open up the mobile and send it to his account.

There could also be automatic transaction services, like you walk into a shop, go up to the paypoint and your mobile phone or whatever will pick up on the shop's bank ID y'know, and you just press a button.

It could totally happen.

I can see it happening kind of gradually yet the day will come quickly. Cash will just be getting older and older, until one day it becomes like VHS or Vinyl, and the new transaction services are the only way to go that every person of the population will need it to pay for things.

I say yes. What say you?

There something like this in Japan already...But it's only for betting

I see where your comin from though, Although what would happen if you lost your transaction machine?

There would have to be a lot of new security features made around banks so people can't "hack" money and such

There something like this in Japan already...But it's only for betting

I see where your comin from though, Although what would happen if you lost your transaction machine?

There would have to be a lot of new security features made around banks so people can't "hack" money and such

Totally, security and things would be SUCH a hassle at first, but the same thing was said about bank cards, systems get sorted out.

I mean imagine getting your money organiser stolen.

Relavlations

16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666

you can pay quite some things via your cell phone here in slovenia. for example, train tickets on some stations, and then taxi services, and drinks on automats.

the era of plastic and technology has come. :/

Jinxie, should we be sad about the era of technology and plastic?

yes and no.

progress is always good, but with fast development people can get lost in all of it.

for example, people won't be going to the bank anymore, and many bank clerks may lose their jobs. this is what's been happening here lately, when banks were closed and many people who do not live in the towns, especially older people who had the ritual of going to the bank once a month to get their pension cheques, they kind of lost themselves in all the new coming at once.

and most of the transactions nowadays are done through internet / computers. so many people who don't have the connection yet, or cannot use the computer (older people, again), and with less bank clerks everyday, getting in touch with their finances can represent quite a big problem, too.

(my mum works in bank, so i'm quite familiar with this. )

Daryl, what the hell was that?

A quote from the bible

And so we turn our attention to :disguise: 's clever post :wacko:

That guy sure is a mystery

Yes and no....

I know what you mean. Im actually going to make another topic about this kind of thing soon.

With this kind of technology, we wont need people in banks OR shops. Our groceries will be paid instantly without having to check in (I think the operation of something like pricing guns to each customer, and they shoot off what their buying) it could be anything, but we wont need checkout people or anything.

And this will continue through everything, until every basic shop will only need 1 or 2 people to run it.

forget shops. soon everything will be bought on the internet :wacky:

actually with the world going to be out of oil in the next 30-50 years, we'll all be farmers again. :cowboy:

Keep talking! I really really like this possibility.

if you want to buy your mate's cd then you can trade it for buttons or chocolate or something. bartering is way more fun!!

as for shops going out of business. there are somethings you can't buy online. I cant' buy bras or clothes or books online. the first two because depending which shop your in and the shape depends what size you need. and as for the books, I can't buy a book from the internet!! I need to be able to touch it, read the back, and then read the first page or so to decide whether I'll like it or not!