✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"The World Has Turned" b-side to Fix You single?!

timeo

I was talking to my friend last night who just started working at Quad Recording Studios in NYC. When she first told me that she was working there about a week ago, I was really excited because she told me that that was where Coldplay did some recording for X&Y, and I was seriously hoping for some random extra swag that she might be able to get for me, but it's not like she could go and steal the Master copies of stuff or anything, so I kind of forgot about it and just hoped for the best.

Anyways, she comes online last night and informs me that on Monday they were working on a mix of a new Coldplay b-side called "The World Has Turned". Stupified, I go like "WHAT!?" haha and I immediately ask her if that's one of the b-sides to the Fix You single. She isn't sure because she doesn't really like Coldplay all that much nor does she really care about them (damn her, I need to take over her position!). Upon further questioning, she tells me that it's fairly upbeat, and so I'm asking like "Low" kind of upbeat, so New Order-ish or more like Shiver kind of upbeat, but she doesn't know. It's average length, around 4 minutes or so. At one point in time she actually had a copy of it in her hand, but she DIDN'T MAKE A COPY OF IT! (GRR). Anyways, it was getting late then, so I told her to make a copy of it somehow, but I don't know if that's possible (wouldn't want to get her into trouble). It was only later when I was in my room, lying there on my bed with the lights turned off that I thought about "The World Has Turned" and I immediately thought "that sounds like World Turned Upside Down!!! So I rush out of my room and contact her again and send her the song asking her to compare. She hasn't given me a response yet, but I'll hear from her soon I hope.

But yeah, this is possibly maybe b-side number two for the Fix You single? Sorry for getting out of hand, I just had to express my excitement...

Nice! I love that song and it'd be interesting to see if they'd change it up some.

Isn't that a bit careless though? Anyone else on her position could've made a copy of the cd. Considering how uptight EMI was with X&Y, I kinda doubt that.

That's what confused me as well. Judging from the past measures that occured with the album, I assumed that the security for this one would be equally tough, but no she had a copy of it in her hand and delivered it to somebody (can't say who, she might get in trouble). But yeah, hopefully they're similar because I really like that live version of World Turns Upside Down!

I was on wikipedia and they say that the b-side is going to be POOR ME' date=' which will be released sept 5th.[/quote']

But did it say a reliable source or where they got the info from? Because wikipedia is really not a source to be quoting when anyone can edit and change things. Though I did hear Poor Me and Ladder to the Sun.

I vote for the 2003 versions of "Poor Me" which reaaally ROCKS, especially if they'll do an extra long guitar entry to the song and just build it and build it before Chris sings. Wish I could edit music. Also, "When The World's Turned Upside Down" is really great. I long for really good recordings of both of those!