✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Jk Rowling's mistake(s)...

green eyes88

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Harry couldn't see the thestrals becuause until he had seen cedric die he hadn't seen anyone else die... well, i'm not sure i'm right about this, but he saw his parents die, quirrell die and tom riddles memory die!

and if i'm worng about this, then this is deffinetly right:

in the end of the 4th book, after he had witnessed cedric die, rowling described his trip back home, harry saw the carriages as horseless- if you have the version with harry fighting the dragon on the cover (the british version) then watch out for it on page 611...

oh and no talking about the 6th book, because i haven't gotten to it yet- i'm rereading all the 5 before, and i'm at the end of the 5th (that's how i realised she made a mistake)

perhaps he was too young to fully remember how his parents died.... so it doesnt count.. remember that he thought his parents died in a car accident up until the Hagrid came to fetch him in the 1st book... as for Quirell.. he didnt really see him die did he?? Wasnt his body just overtaken my Voldemort??? Tom Riddle was exactly that... a memory... so it doesnt count as a death....

fascinating

:lol:

perhaps he was too young to fully remember how his parents died.... so it doesnt count.. remember that he thought his parents died in a car accident up until the Hagrid came to fetch him in the 1st book... as for Quirell.. he didnt really see him die did he?? Wasnt his body just overtaken my Voldemort??? Tom Riddle was exactly that... a memory... so it doesnt count as a death....

maybe...

but how come he didn't saw them in the end of the fourth book, on the way to back to the train. he rode the carriages and everything. It says so in the last chapter of the fourth book.

She deffinetly made a mistake there....

i heard this from somewhere with jkr explaining why...:

parents: i dont think harry saw it or something. wait i dont remember that one... he was too young... hmm but i know she had a reason for it tho. meh

Quirrel: he actually blacked out before quirrel died. read it again :D

Tom riddle memory: that was just a memory, not actually someone real dieing

Cedric: apparantly she rathered to introduce the thestrals at the start of the next book, because introducing them at the end would be sorta pointless if u get wat i mean. so she just said that it was cuz harry didnt really accept or register cedrics death fully until after he went to the dursely's or wateva...

*bows*

i unedrstand that- but it was pretty unneccesary to even mention the horseless carriages in the last chapter of the 4th book... why'd sge even mention them if she wasn't planning to introduce the Thestrals?? It's really dumb to say he saw the horseless carriages when she didn't really have to

yeah, i remember thinking this....i think somewhere she said that you can't see the thestrals until the death really sinks in? that's why he didn't see the thestrals at end of fourth year?

i don't think it counts for a memory to die, he blacked out before quirrell could actually die and he was too young to remember his parents dying...i mean all he remembers from that night is "the flash of green light"...

I want to know just how exactly an auther can make a mistake in her own books. Its impossible. Its like saying that J.RR Tolkiens plot for lotr is flawed because he spells Elves instead of Elfs.

Bit stupid really

Well its probably cause she planned a whole huge series and you wouldn't be able to come up with every little detail until you've actually written it.

cause house elves have more powerful magic than witches or wizards

i belive that is why they are enslaved.

books and rowling explain it somewhere.

interesting pick up on the thestrals. havent read the 6th book either but my cousin lending it to me! :D