✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How Do You Know If Someone is Telling the Truth!

*Coldplay Lover*

So like on Friday during my 7th Period this guy thats friends with the guy I like says "Will you go out with *name*? (I dont wanna put the name) Anyway I turn to my friend...knowing who the guy is and I'm like "Whose that?" She says "Wait whats the guy u like look like?" So I told her he has highlights and what not.....and the guy who "Asked me for him" was like "Oh u like him?" I said yeah and then my other friend said he looks like a girl...even though he looks more like one....anyways my friend says "You better not be lying." while I'm just there sitting looking down confused like a mother!! And I ask my friend do u think he's lying and she's like "Yeah he is......he told me" So right now I dont know who to believe!! First of all....Is it just a coincidence (Sp?) he said the exact name of the guy I like or is it for real!! I just wanna know How u know if someones lying!!! Please Help! I go back to school on Tuesday b/c of Labor Day and I dont wanna look like a dumb ass!! Also how in the fuck do I convince my ma to let me have a bf cause she just told me I cant....which hasnt stopped me before but come on!! My bro was aloud to have a gf at age 12 but I cant have a bf at age 15...almost 16 on October 3rd!!

Sorry if I sound really really stupid but I would like some opinions and help!!!! :embarrased:

Let me just use names damn it.....I'm okay....anyway...

I like a guy named Matt...his friend John asked me out for him (Matt)...but John and none of his friends knew I liked Matt...and my friend says that John told her he (John) was lying!! So was it a coincidence that John said Matt or was it for real!! :/

Haha, I think I understand. You included a few un-necessary details and didnt make it clear who the person, "He", is on many occasions (eg, was it your friend? The guy you like? The friend of the guy you like?) But I still think I understand.

This part boggles my mind:

First of all....Is it just a coincidence (Sp?) he said the exact name of the guy I like or is it for real!!

Hmmm I think I get it...

Do you think you made it obvious you like the guy? If you looked at him for long enough, or at different times, then he probably would have realised and then told his friend to ask you out for him.

I really doubt it's a coincidence. So how do you think he would have found out? Do you think your friend told him? I sure hope not, unless they thought they were doing the right thing.

Parents usually let boys have a girlfriend first because haha, simply enough, girls get pregnant, boys dont. It's a silly thing to think but parents naturally think this way.

A more thoughtful parent would realise that girls have a lot harder time dealing with the emotions that come from having a relationship (Sorry, but it's true). Teenage boys are idiots, I'm an idiot, hello. Basically, boys will go on with life and try and get as many girls as possible, they dont take heartbreak and cry about it. Girls do (Possibly because they are more emotional and intelligent).

:cool:

Haha, I think I understand. You included a few un-necessary details and didnt make it clear who the person, "He", is on many occasions (eg, was it your friend? The guy you like? The friend of the guy you like?) But I still think I understand.

This part boggles my mind:

First of all....Is it just a coincidence (Sp?) he said the exact name of the guy I like or is it for real!!

Hmmm I think I get it...

Do you think you made it obvious you like the guy? If you looked at him for long enough, or at different times, then he probably would have realised and then told his friend to ask you out for him.

I really doubt it's a coincidence. So how do you think he would have found out? Do you think your friend told him? I sure hope not, unless they thought they were doing the right thing.

Parents usually let boys have a girlfriend first because haha, simply enough, girls get pregnant, boys dont. It's a silly thing to think but parents naturally think this way.

A more thoughtful parent would realise that girls have a lot harder time dealing with the emotions that come from having a relationship (Sorry, but it's true). Teenage boys are idiots, I'm an idiot, hello. Basically, boys will go on with life and try and get as many girls as possible, they dont take heartbreak and cry about it. Girls do (Possibly because they are more emotional and intelligent).

:cool:

WOW!! First long post that I actually read....alot of what u said is true about the whole pregnant thing...but COME ON!! My mom knows better than to think I'll go get pregnant!!! But I dont think its fair and what not....and there's a better explanation before ur post.....I was and still am a bit tired so yeah....I'll fix it tomorrow.... :stunned:

The simplest way of sorting this out, which teenagers the world over never do (including myself at 15) is cut out the middle-person and talk to the person they like themselves.

How well do you know this guy? If you know him quite well, why not see if you can sit together at lunch. Or why not try to arrange for a bunch of your friends and a bunch of his friends to all go out together one evening. You could try chatting to him then and see if you can work out how he feels, plus as its a big group going out together, you don't need to worry about your Mum objecting.

The simplest way of sorting this out, which teenagers the world over never do (including myself at 15) is cut out the middle-person and talk to the person they like themselves.

How well do you know this guy? If you know him quite well, why not see if you can sit together at lunch. Or why not try to arrange for a bunch of your friends and a bunch of his friends to all go out together one evening. You could try chatting to him then and see if you can work out how he feels, plus as its a big group going out together, you don't need to worry about your Mum objecting.

^ exactly.. :)

why didn't Matt just ask you out himself??

my advice---althoug irrational and prabably a bad advice----but due to experience, dont tell your mom that u have bf----i know lying is bad but thats what i did and it turned out fine------when my mom found out i had a bf, she just accepted it and talked to me----but there really isnt much they can do to stop u from having a bf-------they tell you "no bf." so you wont go out looking for one but when u finally do have one, there isnt much they can do to prevent that

probably a bad idea to lie to your parents so disregard it-----it just worked out for me :P

^ exactly.. :)

why didn't Matt just ask you out himself??

Just like I wrote before, sorry gals, but you and Jenjie just dont understand! Its never that simple when you are 15. Whenever you've surpassed that age its so easy to sit back and say "You should be adult about it..." When I was 15 it's what I heard from my brother.

It's natural to not always be adult when you are that age because hhmmm haaaa... :idea2: you arent an adult!

It's all a part of growing up, and I dont expect any 15 year old to go up to a person they like and directly ask them out. There is always a threat of rejection, and its just too hard to take at that age.

It's a more natural part of growing up to gently ease into the dating circuit, and this includes the stupid awkward stage of getting your friend to ask for you. It's a softer blow if the answer is "No...". 15 year old's can be mean in rejecting someone, mainly unintentionally, because they dont realise what a few words mean at that age.

When you reach the age of 16, things begin to change and you develop the knowledge of being able to politely say "no" as well as to politely take the answer "no".

This here situation could be hurtful if people are lieing.

^^Ever thought of writing a book?? :idea2:

On another note....what u said lilchick...about lying...I was planning that anyway...my friend does...she says "what ur mom doesnt know wont hurt her!!" Also jenje...Matt doesnt really know me that well except for the fact that his friend is always messing with me....which is weird....so everytime Matt sees me he's like "I feel sorry for u." I'm like WTF?? Anyway I shall go off to bed to see what happens tomorrow...I shall tell u people around 3pm eastern time!!

Much Love,

Mercedita :kiss: