✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Raleigh show Setlist and tiny review ....

mattster

Just got in from the Raleigh show, which was excellant! Here's the setlist, with a few notes:

Square One

Politik

Yellow

God Put a Smile on Your Face

Speed of Sound

Low

Rush of Blood to the Head

Everything's Not Lost *

White Shadows

The Scientist**

'Til Kingdom Come

Ring of Fire

Don't Panic***

Clocks

Talk

Encore:

Swallowed by the Sea

In My Place

Fix You

* - Chris said he was playing this song for all of us out on the lawn. Changed the intro lyrics and they were quite funny! :D

** - This was hilarious! False start by Chris. Then Chris starting playing, made it through the first verse ..... started coughing and tried to keep going. Guy comes over and taps him on the shoulder. He gets up from the piano and goes to talk to Will for a sec and comes back. "Will said I fucked that one up pretty bad!" So he said we're going to try it again and it will be better .... it was AWESOME :D

*** - Evidently, its Jonny's birthday as I am typing this (Sept. 11), so Chris invited the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to him :D

All in all, a great show. I should've taken a camera, as there were plenty around me (on the lawn), but oh well! Maybe next time. Lots of energy from the guys tonight!

Maybe somebody got a recording of this, as I didn't do it myself this time.

Any other Raleigh ppl here???

did anyone like rilo kiley? i thought they were great! i got a tentative setlist for them. i dont actually know all the song titles...

Its a Hit

I Never (my fav :D)

Song with lyrics "theres no need for depression"

Song with lyrics "pull me in tighter"

..."Sun on your face"

Does he love you?

Ripcord

More Adventerous

..."Friend in High school?"

..."earth beneath my feet, excute of all things"

Portions for Foxes

RALEIGH WAS AWESOME!!

I have to concur...I sat on the lawn, the VERY front, right beside the second staircase from the left side.

It was the best experience of my life. People I didn't even know were pulling me into circles of hugging... Chris Martin was very down to Earth... it was everything I expected.

And he rewrote the opening lyrics to Everything's Not Lost...

"I came to see Coldplay

Had to sit so fucking far away"

People on the lawn were going crazy. I was screaming the entire time. Also... they covered "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash! That was incredible.

But I'm so tired now. This is the best night ever...

that concert...was fucking awesome. awesome.

I was in the back of section 8 seats, still saw great...Rilo Kiley though, ugh. no.

I must say i was both surprised and delighted to hear ROBTTH, and the Ring of Fire cover was also very cool

Chris royally messed up the scientist though haha, he just started coughing and will was just like "Chris, you fucked that song up. Start over."

I can't really imagine a better setlist- and the sound setup at the Walnut Creek Pavilion was perfect. best night ever.

i thought coldplay was AWESOME! i have to disagree about rilo kiley though. they sucked so bad that i would have left it they were opening for anyone else besides coldplay. also, that's the first time i've ever scene a band help break down their set after they finished performing. other than in a small club or something. i guess i liked them the first time around when they were called 'the sugarcubes', but then again, i hate to insult 'the sugarcubes' like that. ;)

--pezcal

did anyone like rilo kiley? i thought they were great! i got a tentative setlist for them. i dont actually know all the song titles...

Its a Hit

I Never (my fav :D)

Song with lyrics "theres no need for depression"

Song with lyrics "pull me in tighter"

..."Sun on your face"

Does he love you?

Ripcord

More Adventerous

..."Friend in High school?"

..."earth beneath my feet, excute of all things"

Portions for Foxes

That concert may have been the greatest and best thing that I have ever seen. I had high expectations and they were totally surpassed. Don't think I've ever seen Walnut Creek that crowded.

Some other highlights included...

- Some lyric change that I couldn't make out during Square One about New Orleans

- Will sang the closing verses of Everything's Not Lost, with Chris coming in to harmonize towards the end

- Big yellow baloons filled with confetti released during Yellow

- In the middle of Low, on the big displays it read "Get...Your...Cameras...Ready." And then a countdown, and all the lights shined on the crowd, and the display on stage showed the crowd.

- I believe I heard Chris tell the crowd that The Scientist was "the best song we've ever done." Hard to understand him though, I may have misheard.

- Chris' false start on The Scientist was classic

- Starting at Kingdom Come (which I'm so glad they played) the entire band was hunkered down under three spotlights, Will on some sort of small keyboard looking thing. Very cool. This was also the segment that featured the Ring of Fire cover, as well as all of us singing Happy Birthday to Jonny, and Don't Panic.

- Chris ran out into the crowd to close "In My Place" during the encore

Hands down best concert I've ever seen, and I've seen some good ones. If they come anywhere near you, go.

A+++++++++++

The concert was amazing. I saw the Charlotte show too and i was really hoping that he would play Ring of Fire again and they did. AND THEY PLAYED DON'T PANIC! I couldn't believe that. I was also surprised how energetic the band still was considering they have been playing so much. I can't wait to see them again!

Great replies guys! I'm in total agreement that the show was awesome!

I thought Rilo Kiley was ok, but my wife liked them quite a bit. I guess she had heard an interview with them on NPR sometime in the last couple of weeks, so she knew a little more about them.....

Did anyone get any pictures? I'm still kicking myself for not taking my digital camera......

I forgot to mention that by the end of the show, they had the entire audience (the place holds over 20K if memory serves, and was well sold out) worked up really good. The roar when Jonny went into the guitar bit to close Fix You was especially cool. As was the legions of people beating on seatbacks to coerce them to do an encore (which didn't take long). And the accelerative crecendo ending they did on Clocks.

Still pretty blown away by the whole thing.

Did anyone get any pictures? I'm still kicking myself for not taking my digital camera......

Yes, but unfortunately they're probably not any good. Had my phone with me, but its camera isn't real good. When I transfer them on Monday I'll try and find a place to host them if they're worthwhile.

....I was so amazed by the use of all the lighting from last nights show at Walnut Creek, i couldnt have asked for more it was just perfect...It was easily the best show of any band that i have seen and will prolly be the best show that i will ever see. If anyone has any bootlegs at all please post them because that show was just mind blowing....o and if anyone saw that big bus parked next to the sidewalk and heard us yelling through the P.A.....that was me and my friends...so awesome....and yes everyone who sat on the lawn....we are truely awesome as well

The show was amazing! Thanks for posting the setlist. I am a little annoyed that I left my camera at home. I was pretty much front row center on the lawn, but oh well. I don't remember the last time I had this much fun at a show. The people around me were great, the weather was perfect, and Coldplay was fantastic. As for Rilo Kiley, to be nice: some of their songs were better than others.

COLDPLAY CONCERT

oh my god, the concert was the best thing i've ever been to.

i was in the pit and i had a sign saying "it's my bday, sing to me!" and before they sang to jonny, he pointed at me and smiled. AND i caught the camera he threw into the crowd.

i love coldplay more than anything, they are the most brilliant band ever. the songs were amazing, i was jumping and screaming the entire time.

I totally wish i brought my camera. Remember when Chris came out into the crowd during In My Place? At the Charlotte show he came right in front of me. Literally 5 feet from me. The person who was in front of me was holding him up while he sang. After that i swore to myself i would take the digital, but once again i forgot it @ the Raleigh show ... And did you guys notice the visuals on the background during The Scientist. That was amazing

mattster, Actually, it was Will Champion that came up and talked to Chris about how the scientist needed to be restarted. See, Guy Berryman is the basist, and see, the drummer came up and talked to him, and..see, thats Will Champion, so uh.. go die also, he said "you know you're not a good band when another band member comes up and says you fucked that up, I guess we owe each of you 25 cents..etc.etc" but yes, i agree, awesome show, peace out

mattster' date=' Actually, it was Will Champion that came up and talked to Chris about how the scientist needed to be restarted. See, Guy Berryman is the basist, and see, the drummer came up and talked to him, and..see, thats Will Champion, so uh.. go die also, he said "you know you're not a good band when another band member comes up and says you fucked that up, I guess we owe each of you 25 cents..etc.etc" but yes, i agree, awesome show, peace out[/quote']

:/

See, Guy Berryman is the basist, and see, the drummer came up and talked to him, and..see, thats Will Champion, so uh.. go die

:huh:

Well, from the LAWN where we were, it was a bit hard to tell who walked over to Chris (and yes I know who all the band members are). It was especially a bit confusing, since he got up and walked over to the drum kit and then walked back, sat down and said what he said....

mattster' date=' Actually, it was Will Champion that came up and talked to Chris about how the scientist needed to be restarted. See, Guy Berryman is the basist, and see, the drummer came up and talked to him, and..see, thats Will Champion, so uh.. go die also, he said "you know you're not a good band when another band member comes up and says you fucked that up, I guess we owe each of you 25 cents..etc.etc" but yes, i agree, awesome show, peace out[/quote']

it was guy, the bassist, that walked up and tapped chris on the shoulder. guy then pointed to will and chris walked over to will who was sat at his drum kit. then chris came back and said, will said we've got to start over cos i fucked that one up. so dont be a dick, especially when you're wrong.