✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The best albums of the last 60 years.

silverion

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :D :lol:

Ok. Im gonna shook you all now.

The greatest selling albums of all time are

1950s. Elvis Presley. Christmas special. 7.2 million

1960s. The Beatles. The white album. 19 million

1970s. Pink Floyd. The wall. 23.3 million

1980s. Michael Jackson Thriller. 29.3 million

1990s. Shania Twain. Come on over. 22.3 million

2000s Norah Jones. Come away with me 10.8 million

These figures come froma book untitled the "100 greatest selling albums" The stats have been compiled by music gurus who know what they are on about. They have got these figures from Sales awards that the bands and singers have picked up in their carrears. You can also find a very very similer list from the RIAA.

Infact check this list out. Very interesting

http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topartists.asp

• 2 weeks later...

I love Bing Crosby and at one point Bing Crosby's White Christmas album was the highest seller of all time. It was either Elvis or the Beatles who knocked it off, I can't remember which and I am too lazy to search.

But here are some Bing stats:

Career Statistics;

Number One Hits: 39

Number of weeks at Number One: 173

Number of top 30 Hits: 383

Number of Movies acted in: 60 (5 Academy Awards)

Consecutive weeks at the number one position: 23 (1944)

Most Songs in top thirty in one year: 27 (1939)

Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" is the most popular single ever, the only single to make American pop charts twenty times, every year but one between 1942 and 1962. In 1998, after a long absence, his 1947 version hit the charts in Britain.

It has also sold over 37 million copies worldwide.

:santa2:

Silverion, if this is worldwide we're talking about, then lemme burst your bubble. Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" has sold around 17 million copies worldwide. And I'm pretty sure other albums of this millenium have done even better. But if you're talking about USA only, then mention it when you post these stats. Because America is not the world.

Silverion' date=' if this is worldwide we're talking about, then lemme burst your bubble. Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" has sold around 17 million copies worldwide. And I'm pretty sure other albums of this millenium have done even better. But if you're talking about USA only, then mention it when you post these stats. Because America is not the world.[/quote']

Sorry to burst your bubble...m8. But you are wrong. These are not just random facts i have made up you know. I got all my stats from a recently published book that has only been out for a couple of months and has had some of the biggest names in recording studio history. And no i am not talking about promoters or stars. But more so the people who run the industry. And no it is a book about the Greatest selling albums of the last 60 years and in-fact it is about the world wide sales. And no these figures have not been tampered with by a bands promotional team...17 million for hybrid theory. More like 8 million i think you will find.