✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

anyone from the philippines?

heartswarm

Oh yes. I'm studying in Manila and the pollution is unbearable.

I see. Well that's really a cool Filipino trait. They say that Filipinos abroad don't get homesick that much because their fellow "kababayans" make them feel at home, even if they're total strangers to each other. Hehe.

lol oh manila...the city is really developed but like most places, really polluted. it's disappointing in a way.

all my aunts have moved country so i don't have any close relatives living there anymore. although lol in true filo fashion, i have many non-blood relatives there.

even in australia, when my mum sees another filipino, she will start talking tagalog and calling them her "brother/sister" lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes. I'm studying in Manila and the pollution is unbearable.

I see. Well that's really a cool Filipino trait. They say that Filipinos abroad don't get homesick that much because their fellow "kababayans" make them feel at home, even if they're total strangers to each other. Hehe.

LOL i know what you mean, i feel i have a lot of undiscovered friends and relatives out there. have you spent most of your life in the philippines? a few of my friends have gone back there so i feel "connected" in a way to their surroundings.

Yeah. I actually grew up in the Philippines. Yeah, I see many people, the balik-bayans, visit the country and they seem to like it here.

Maybe someday you can visit the country and maybe we could meet. Lol.

LOL i know what you mean' date=' i feel i have a lot of undiscovered friends and relatives out there. have you spent most of your life in the philippines? a few of my friends have gone back there so i feel "connected" in a way to their surroundings.[/quote']

lol we've probably already met considering the way i meet other filipinos lol do you travel often?

what a coincidence, some other posters, can't remember who, were talking about a coldplaying gathering or something lol pretty impossible since there are people all over the world who post here, most i've never even seen online before :blank: lol

I haven't. :D I only got out of the country once.

Yeah, that would be quite impossible, maybe they'll just be meeting those in the same country as theirs. :D

lol we've probably already met considering the way i meet other filipinos lol do you travel often?

what a coincidence, some other posters, can't remember who, were talking about a coldplaying gathering or something lol pretty impossible since there are people all over the world who post here, most i've never even seen online before :blank: lol

yeah :D

i like to go back to Singapore. I like the vibe of that country and it has lots of shopping malls. Well, sometimes I envy the people here at Coldplaying since a number of them live in Europe, and that makes me wanna go to the countries there. :D

it would be great to travel, but i don't think i can do that anytime soon. I need to have lots of money for that, hehe.

lol well it's possible but asking a lot. maybe one day in the very distant future lol. anywhere you'd like to go in particular? i haven't been to a lot of european countries' date=' close to none, so i plan to travel there one day...soon! :fingers crossed:[/quote']

oh singapore is nice hey. i haven't been there in a while either lol all i remember is eating on a busy road that they block off to put up food stalls. what a delicious memory lol.

i know what you mean, people from german, norway, etc really makes me want to go there so i'm saving up. to be honest i really want to see my favorite bands live and most reside in europe which is why i really want to go there *continues to save this very second lol* but hopefully i won't be travelling alone!

hi alyssa, gail!

this is really random, but my mum just cooked my favorite filo dish...sinagang! hmmm

Hi Kathy! It's nice to see you again.

Wow, sinigang. Is it pork, fish, beef, shrimp or what? So it's your favorite dish, lol. How did your mom get the ingredients like tamarind, etc?

yeah same here gail!

pork by far is my favorite meat of all time lol there are asian cooking stores that sell not-so-usual ingredients from asia and we get most of our supplies from there.

that and pancit with lemon....gosh i'm making myself hungry lol

yeah same here gail!

pork by far is my favorite meat of all time lol there are asian cooking stores that sell not-so-usual ingredients from asia and we get most of our supplies from there.

that and pancit with lemon....gosh i'm making myself hungry lol

Yeah, I prefer pork sinigang over the fish, beef, etc. varieties. However, I also like shrimp sinigang. :D

Oh I remember now, whenever there are Pinoy communities in abroad, of course Filipino food ingredients would be available.

Yeah, pancit is very delicious but like sinigang there are many varieties. I like pancit canton and guisado. Hehe.

Btw, this talk about food makes me hungry! Hehe

Hi Kathy!

That garlic fried rice goes with about anything!!!

here fried rice is called sinangag

then the ulam and rice have various names like tapsilog (tapa + sinangag + itlog [egg]), longsilog (longaniza + sinagnag + itlog), tocilog (tocino + sinangag + itlog), cornsilog (corned beef + sinangag + itlog), etc.

:D

lol hey Gail! my mum sometimes cooks sinangag in the morning, and it's SO nice...gosh, asians really have the best food imo lol so much variety, but to be fair i haven't explored much other foreign food... i feel a mission statement brewing here :rolleyes: