✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

anyone from the philippines?

heartswarm

yay, me and my family will travel to the philippines next summer again! :)

i'm already looking forward to that! SHOPPING!!!

gotta improve my horrible tagalog until then though :(

but that's the good thing baout the philippines... the fact that EVERYONE is able to speak english as well.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ lol it's true grace, they're either speaking english or tagalog and english.

on the topic of language, at work today, 2 friends of mine asked me what the language was of the philippines, and i was like "tagalog" and then they looked at each other and said "oh, we thought it was philippine-ish" lol i couldn't help myslef :lol:

Haha, taglish!

I barely know any tagalog at all, but eventually I'm gonna learn it (probably after spanish). I can understand pretty well, but I can't speak it.

When I was in elementary school I used to mix random tagalog words into whatever I was saying, like "kumot, sugat, toyo..." and I would confuse my classmates and teachers. :freak:

Haha, taglish!

I barely know any tagalog at all, but eventually I'm gonna learn it (probably after spanish). I can understand pretty well, but I can't speak it.

When I was in elementary school I used to mix random tagalog words into whatever I was saying, like "kumot, sugat, toyo..." and I would confuse my classmates and teachers. :freak:

:lol: i use to do that too until more filos joined my class and could speak it fluently, sort of cathing me out lol i just repeated the last few words they said and agreed lol and when i'd get something wrong i'd go "OH, you mean...oh yeah yeah, i know now...go on" :shifty: LOL

my mum speaks to me in tagalog a lot, but i can't reply in tagalog, i kinda feel bad for not making more of an effort when i was younger.

^ my mum sometimes talks to me in tagalog, too. especially when she doesn't want my dad to understand it :laugh3:

my mum made some letchon (sp?) yesterday. hehe, letchon always reminds me of the philippines :D

• 5 months later...

Now, it's veeeery hot and humid here.

I guess it's still the same, but there are more people from the provinces moving to the cities. That's why cities like Metro Manila and Cebu are getting crowded.

I live in the province of Cavite, a one hour's drive away from Manila. I also work and study in Manila.

Guest Grace

ah Manila :nice:

i don't think i'll get to visit Manila this year.

we're gonna stay in Iloilo most of the time and then we'll spend some time in Cebu, i reckon.

what about the shopping possibilities? hehe.

what's it like? lol... can you get like fake designer stuff? sorry for asking such retarted questions.

Shopping is a must! :D

Yeah, I think the price of commodities here are way cheaper than in other countries. There are lots of shopping malls here, especially in the cities.

Well, those fake designer stuff are common here. You can buy them in tiangges, sort of specialty stores in Divisoria and Baclaran. Ask your Mom, I think she knows about these places ;)

Guest Grace

yeahwoo. that's simply amazing.

i'm gonna be bored as hell since my sister is the only one there who's around MY age.

and i guess we're just gonna spend our time shopping. :)

oh man, kinda missed the philippines. so weird to come back after almost 10 years. O_o

yeah, heard about that Mall of Asia. where exactly is it?

ah...what about band merchandise?

Guest Grace

i mean, is it easy to get one's hands on band merchandise.

such as band t-shirts and posters?

can you buy e.g. coldplay shirts in shops there?

Sadly, no. :(

Maybe, you can buy online, but I haven't personally tried it. I think there are no specialty shops that sell those band merchandises.

Access to foreign music is limited here, unless you have internet connection. Local record shops mostly sell records from Pinoy artists, which is not a bad thing, considering its good effects on local music industry. But don't ever expect to walk in those record stores with a slight hope of getting a copy of Takk or Antics because you will be disappointed. Hehe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grace

raaaaandom question:

can you watch Formula One in the philippines?

do you have a channel that broadcasts it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

^ it did? :(

they did overplay it a bit here, too, but i could never get sick of it! :)

where exactly are you from, Joaquin?

HEY Extrasupervy! im amazed theirs at least a filipino in here - yeah FIlipinos do have a soft spot for coldplay .we just dont buy enough albums! hehe!! From our countries situation..............

:lol:

Yeah, I think lots of Pinoys are into Coldplay right now. I wished it had been sooner, circa Parachutes. Maybe Coldplay would have visited the country by now. :confused:

It's true. People from the Philippines have money...We just really get a kick out of getting things for free (cheapskates). :laugh3:

We buy cellphones, etc...but albums? rarely.