✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

RemeMber how you felt before X&Y came out?

IneedYou23

Do you guys remember how excited we all were before X&Y came out?Well i know i was and im sure everyone else was excited to hear the new stuff and when Talk leaked and everything leading up to the release.With the couple tracks leaked from the LA gig.Probably a pointless post but i was just listening to the LA show when they performed the new tracks for only like the 2nd time live.And i jut rememberd how excited i was and couldnt wait to hear the new album and how much hyped this album was.It was like Coldplay were everywhere being talked about which was cool.But yea just remembering and wondered if you guys felt the same.

Yeah I remember hearing square one from the kcrw show for the first time.. i was like "woahh this new album is going to be different" but yeah it made me so excited and hyped to hear the album versions of the new songs. Yeah i loved a message and speed of sound from the kcrw show and white shadows turned out to be a lot better than i thought.

me and the other "new song club" members were one of the first ppl to hear it on this forum, so that was definetly exciting.

i know that when i first heard what if, i knew they still had it. but i questioned sos as there first single. but looking back, it clearly made sense. oh yeah, when talk leaked, i played it about 20 times back to back. that was fun

I remember nabbing the odd song off of Limewire and listening to them constantly and bragging to my friends that I had some of the new album so I shared them with them on MSN and they were not impressed...they said Coldplay never change and they are boring! Personally I really liked the way it sounded particularly the leaked Talk and I was loving Speed Of Sound at the time. X&Y came out right in the middle of my exams and this summer just gone will always remind me of Coldplay so it will be an extra special year in my memory!

I wasnt a member on here when it came out as i didnt have my computer then, :( , it sounds like it was so much fun!

As soon as i saw the SOS video i was really looking forward to the album coming out. My mum bought X&Y as soon as it was released, so i nicked her CD off her and couldnt believe how great it was. I went and bought it for myself the next day and i honestly dont think it's come out of my CD player since! :D I just remember being shocked at how amazing and different it was to Parachutes/AROBTTH, and how it brought my old love for Coldplay back to the surface again. :) And this time it aint goin no where! :P

X&Y has changed my life, as corny as it sounds, and like Ted, has made this year extra special for me. :)

i literally started sobbing when i heard Speed of Sound on steve lamaq's show for the first time when the boys premiered it :blush: i got soooo excited and when the record came out i got a friend to take pictures of me opening it and reading the booklet so i could save that moment 4ver :)

• 2 weeks later...

i must confess...... i always loved coldplay, but way back when, i was never really their biggest fan. i was 10 when parachutes came out. i was probably the only 10 year old to beg her parents for coldplay. back then though, i never admitted i liked coldplay to my friends. come on, in third grade, it was cool to like n*sync. arrobtth made me love them more, but i was still vain wanted to like the crap everyone else listened to. so i forced myself to listen to what was popular. now, i regreat not being true. i got so much more into them before x&y, thus making me the obsessed person i am today. also, at camp and everywhere else, i kinda connect with people instantly over something like that. plus, x&y is just full of memories. sure, i was the only person under 16 at the bristow sure, but whatever. sure, everyone puts me down for coldplay, but i don't care. all my friends don't really care either. they all still like pop, which i don't care for, but we respect each other.

sorry this was so long. :embarrased:

That was the whole reason I joined this forum!:lol: I had always browsed it once "saw the light" (got hooked on the boys) back in 2003. As soon as I heard word of new album, I was ready to get some early leaked songs.

When the show from March 12th ( i think) was recorded, I listened to it non stop until the album released. I said "this one with the line 'Maybe you'll get what you wanted....' ( White Shadows) yeah this one is gonna be the best of the whole album"

and Talk was leaked: that was fabbbbulous,

then the first time I heard SOS was from the ringtone download page and I played that 30 second clip over and over! :P

then I was naughty and downloaded the album before it was released in the US (but only like a week before!) I needed to listen to it on the airplane to Texas on June 5th. forgive me please.

AND I loved watching all the specials they had on TV. so much excitement and fun

:cool:

i remember how crazy i was...i started obsessing when AROBTH came out, but my excitement level when x&y was gong to come out was beyond human...i had a countdown! :stunned:

specially after it leaked on mtv one week befor it came out, i was jumping round and couldnt wait to get it! and i got it the same day it came out, really early!!!

i wasnt a memeber here back then, if it would have been! wow! :stunned:

i was mad for weeks before it came out. My friends thought i had gone mad. I was so happy when they played loads of songs of it on radio1 before it came out. I was going insane. The week before it came out i kept saying to everyone new coldplay album is out in a week. I did their heads in going on about it.Then it came out and i ran to the shops to get it :)

Do you guys remember how excited we all were before X&Y came out?Well i know i was and im sure everyone else was excited to hear the new stuff and when Talk leaked and everything leading up to the release.With the couple tracks leaked from the LA gig.Probably a pointless post but i was just listening to the LA show when they performed the new tracks for only like the 2nd time live.And i jut rememberd how excited i was and couldnt wait to hear the new album and how much hyped this album was.It was like Coldplay were everywhere being talked about which was cool.But yea just remembering and wondered if you guys felt the same.

You got that bootleg on your computer? I would love to get it if possible?

I was SO excited that I must've driven everyone around me crazy. But I love being excited over things. ;) I remember how I got the real CD in my hands (and how I called the CD store before). They probably took me for a loonatic. :D Oh great times.

I was going absolutely nuts. It was like a mixed feeling of excitement and nervousness. I would have been worse had I not already heard most of the songs on MTV's Live Leak. :)

Same here. MTV saved me. Sort of. :)