✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My German Teacher Doesn't Like Coldplay...

Ted

So we were talking about footballers today in German and how much money they get paid and how we all agreed that it is far too much. Then out of the blue my German teacher (who is a 50+ year old dull type) says "Yeah it's just like that Coldplay lot earning £10 million for their last album. I mean for goodness sake it was the same as their last..that Rushing Head thing." At this point I just had to laugh at him! He couldn't even name the album properly! :lol: So I put it to him that it is no coincidence that X&Y was number 1 in like 35 countries or something and that they more than earned that money because true fans are willing to buy it. I said to him have you heard any of X&Y and he said he has heard Speed Of Sound a few times and found it dull. I thought of all the amazing coldplaying gang at that point just giving him dirty looks. Thought I would share this with you because I love to stick up for Coldplay and their amazing fans! :D

At least he knew the name of the band. I don't think any of my old teachers would know CP. :sneaky: :lol:

Oh and if there weren't for ppl with bad taste we'd have no-one to argue with or lead to the "right path". :angel: :P

we should convert him. or tie him up and make him listen to all the albums straight through.

No torture 'cos then he'll connect negative feelings with CP and we don't want that. We should convert him smartly! It is possible. ;)

Ted' date=' tell your teacher to clean his ears regularly! is :stunned: he deaf???[/quote']

I will try and subliminally make him like Coldplay. I will slip songs names into conversations:

"Morning Ted."

"Morning Sir. Lovely day but the daylight doesn't last long in winter. I heard a whisper we are doing verb endings today? Oh good! Then everything's not lost after all. The traffic was murder this morning...how about I fix you a nice cup of coffee sir?" :smug:

I don't think most ppl REALLY care. Well, not that much. But with my constant babbling about CP (or more: playing their music to others) I've converted a person or two. Nice I'd say. Making the world a better place and all. :smug2:

So we were talking about footballers today in German and how much money they get paid and how we all agreed that it is far too much. Then out of the blue my German teacher (who is a 50+ year old dull type) says "Yeah it's just like that Coldplay lot earning £10 million for their last album. I mean for goodness sake it was the same as their last..that Rushing Head thing." At this point I just had to laugh at him! He couldn't even name the album properly! :lol: So I put it to him that it is no coincidence that X&Y was number 1 in like 35 countries or something and that they more than earned that money because true fans are willing to buy it. I said to him have you heard any of X&Y and he said he has heard Speed Of Sound a few times and found it dull. I thought of all the amazing coldplaying gang at that point just giving him dirty looks. Thought I would share this with you because I love to stick up for Coldplay and their amazing fans! :D

Not very wise for a teacher to single out ANY band like that, as he's likely to lose the respect of his pupils.

What does it have to do with "German"? Did he SAY it in German??

You should find out what music HE likes - and then you can maybe have a good laugh!! :P

By the way try saying this to him: "Sie sind bekloppt wenn Sie wirklich dass glauben"!! :D

No no he is just my German teacher but we were talking in English at the start of the lesson. Adam BK, I know what you mean about not everyone liking the same thing but as devoted Coldplay fans we have to see the funny side. I mean clearly I don't hate the guy or anything but I thought his argument was a bit poor!

No no he is just my German teacher but we were talking in English at the start of the lesson. Adam BK' date=' I know what you mean about not everyone liking the same thing but as devoted Coldplay fans we have to see the funny side. I mean clearly I don't hate the guy or anything but I thought his argument was a bit poor![/quote']

As was his judgement!! :smug:

No no he is just my German teacher but we were talking in English at the start of the lesson. Adam BK' date=' I know what you mean about not everyone liking the same thing but as devoted Coldplay fans we have to see the funny side. I mean clearly I don't hate the guy or anything but I thought his argument was a bit poor![/quote']

Maybe you should give him a Coldplay cd at the end of the year as a Christmas present. :lol: Would be great to see his reaction then!