✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'official i hate green day' thread

wowzahs

Well' date='I just can comment on the released tracks and there these things I've said really are right.....in my opinion....[/quote']

yeah, so it's true what I meant with biassed!

Saying 'I hate this and I hate that' is always so easy - but engaging in these things he/she "hates", for that everyone's too lazy nowadays...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

green day are s..t!!!

they call themselves as punk-band,but their music is absolutely POP!

that's why they won 2 awards @ EMA,they play pop...

Very similar story with The Darkness - they were supposedly a "rock" band, but their music was very pop-cheese indeed!! :P

when i saw their first video(i believe in thing called love),i thaught Queen came back :D

but then i realized that darkness is another bad band,which try to copy somebody's else music...

That depends....if the band makes a good video which really fits to their songs then I think Videos can give a good impression of the song!

yeah... Coldplay - Speed Of Sound, for example... :huh:

@kekita: yeah... but actually, it's no music video - it's a movie ;-)

That depends....if the band makes a good video which really fits to their songs then I think Videos can give a good impression of the song!

But a song should be able to stand alone, without a video.........................that's why I never watch "Empty"V!! :P

green day are s..t!!!

they call themselves as punk-band,but their music is absolutely POP!

that's why they won 2 awards @ EMA,they play pop...

Very similar story with The Darkness - they were supposedly a "rock" band, but their music was very pop-cheese indeed!! :P

when i saw their first video(i believe in thing called love),i thaught Queen came back :D

but then i realized that darkness is another bad band,which try to copy somebody's else music...

Queen were a decent rock band with a camp lead singer.......................... The Darkness are just CAMP!! :P

Well,for me grenn Day are one of this pseudo-punk-bands.....if you are a student at the age of 14 and want to be cool then you just have to have a Green day patch on your schoolbag and everybody in your age thinks you are cool.....actually all the green day songs can be compared with Good Charlotte,Sum41,Blink 182 etc.....in former times green day maybe were cool....but today they are just ANNOYING....and I don't say this because they win the awards Coldplay don't win.....awards are not everything and it is sure that they win the awards which are voted by fans because all the 14 years old vote for them......in the musical aspect we ALL know that COLDPLAY are 1000000000000000000000 times better!

Applause for me please! :P

so damn true. PREACH ON BROTHA! lol

one reviewer said this about the movie :stunned:

By any rational measure, Alan Parker's cinematic interpretation of Pink Floyd's The Wall is a glorious failure. Glorious because its imagery is hypnotically striking, frequently resonant and superbly photographed by the gifted cinematographer Peter Biziou. And a failure because the entire exercise is hopelessly dour, loyal to the bleak themes and psychological torment of Roger Waters' great musical opus, and yet utterly devoid of the humour that Waters certainly found in his own material. Any attempt to visualise The Wall would be fraught with artistic danger, and Parker succumbs to his own self-importance, creating a film that's as fascinating as it is flawed.

:confused:

okay, but in my opinion, it's the same deal as with pictures in books - they destroy one's fantasy if they're telling too much.

so true, but i do like pictures too :D sometimes book adapted into movies can get me glum too.

kekita wrote:

cheers i'm a fan of P.F shame on me

uhm i like pink floyd too..

:) :cool:

Of course felix.......but I think songs are wriiten to think about them and to form an opinion......and not to have videos on your mind......for me it sounds now as if you have to imagine your video like at reading books....

No, I meant that figuratively... If they'd show in the 'Fix You'-Video f.e. that the song is about chris and gwyneth (or whatever) you get influenced by that and don't get your personal things in mind anymore while thinking about the lyrics and the music. That's psychological (the phenomen is called 'suggestion')