✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Washington D.C. - MCI Center: anyone ever been there?

saintcity

This is sort of a random question because my friend and I were considering going to see Coldplay on March 5th (I think that's right) if we get tickets. I just wanted to know if any of you guys have been to the MCI Center and what was it like?

Also, we have never been in the pit...but we're thinking about it this time. Any advice/recommendations?? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!!

April

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Im planning on going too, and also trying for PIT!

But sorry I've never been to the MCI center, but it looks humongous!! And I've never been in a Pit for a Coldplay concert, but I was at another concert, and I didnt really know what to expect, but if you can get there early and be right up at the front of the pit it is fantastic!!

Hey, thanks for the reply!! I was beginning to think that no one was gonna answer. Did you go to the Nissan on Sept. 30th?

My friend and I have only had seats before, and we had a blast, so we don't know if we want to risk something new...unless we can get right in front. :sneaky:

All I know is I want to be as close to them as possible, but I still want to be able to see everything. Anyway, thanks for your input. :lol:

No problem! :)

No I didnt make it to the Nissan show.. and I am so mad that I didn't! I was out of town.. :( Which is why I want to see them this time around!

I know what you mean, I want to be right in the front, as close as I can be! :lol:

Did you try for the presale lottery? Im hoping to get tickets through that!

Hey,

I've seen coldplay 3 times and I've never been in the pit. After I paid $175/each for hot seats for Nissan (I was in 101.. row .. J? I think)

I realized it wasn't close enough and next time I had to be PIT. Well I went and got pregnant, stupid me, so now I'll be avoiding the PIT.. but I wanted to tell you your instinct is right, definitely go for the pit!

As I understand it though, you do have to get to the venue early & "line up" if you want to be front row.

Ive been to the MCI center quite a few times, as long as you stay out of the upper level you'll be fine. Its on a fairly small lot considering the size of other venues ive been to, so it is not very wide...meaning to add more seats, you can only go up! the lower levels are fine and dont feel cramped or anything, MCI center is a very nice venue altogether though.

Hey' date=' thanks for the info, wakedemon! What is the parking situation like? That is always a worry for me...because I am a nervous idiot. :stunned:[/quote']

as is for all of DC, parking sucks. not gonna lie. but there are a few lots around MCI, just make sure you get there early. Park the car and go to dinner or something nearby, there are restarants in the area. that should suck up some time before the show. Not really sure how much parking is, it changes im sure from event to event.

actually, i looked on the MCI Center site, and they range from 36.00 (i think) to 80.50 :) Here are the prices/sections!

MAIN CONCOURSE

US $80.50

FLOOR SEATING

US $80.50

CLUB CONCOURSE

US $80.50

UPPER CONCOURSE

US $36.00 - US $56.00

Im not sure if it would be better to get floor or main concurse or club concourse, since they are all the same price..Any ideas?

And Im assuming theres not a Pit, since it says "floor SEATING"? :(

floor seating is the equvialent to a pit since there won't be any seats. club concourse is the area where you can sit and eat i think while main concourse is just the closest SEATS to the stage. i'm going for either main or floor.