December 1, 200520 yr I don't know if this is the right section to post this question, but I've been thinking about it for a few days now and I can't get it out of my mind: On Monday, I watched a Coldplay special on MTV Germany and they also showed some videos - and for the first time EVER, I saw the video for "Trouble"!! I've already seen a "Trouble" video before, but it was another version (I heard there was an American and a UK version).. And since I've seen this video, I can't stop thinking about it, so I wonder if anyone knows if it has a special meaning?! It might be a stupid question, but I'd really like to know what it means - I'm talking about the version where Chris is sitting on a chair in the middle of a street or in a kind of warehouse, all tied up.. And then you also see the other guys, getting rind of the bonds, too.. :huh: I'd really appreciate it if anyone who has already known this video longer could tell me if there's a special message behind it.. Thanks!
December 1, 200520 yr I've always found that video boring so i've never watched it all the way through. I always thought that it was about him doing wrong to someone who then pays him back by tying him in the chair and probably doing more to him after the video finishes. Its a bit like Reservoir dogs.
December 1, 200520 yr ^Haha yeah but without the crazy ear-cutting thing! :lol: This is one of my favourite Coldplay vids! :) (ok mainly coz Chris and Guy look particularily HOTTTT, -but anyways...) It has quite a dark feel to it, makes me feel kinda sad, especially when Chris's chair falls over at the end and he's just left lying there all tied up. But then he sees the sunrise (or picture of it :/ ) and it kinda leaves you with a feeling of some hope. Im not really sure about the meaning, but i really like it. :P :D Great use of lighting too!
December 1, 200520 yr Author Thanks a lot for your replies! I really like the video and I thought it's something special, deep and wonderful :D It's always strange to compare current Coldplay videos to the past ones - of course it has something to do with the progress in technics and so on, but I kind of prefer videos like 'Don't panic' and 'Trouble' rather than the new ones..
December 1, 200520 yr yeah, i love that vid too!! i've said this so many times, but it made me feel really sad when i was 11 years old that i hated it and couldnt finish it, i always changed the channel. So one day i remember i said 'no! i have to watch it!' and so i cryed and cryed, until the end, when you see the light and particularly, when they show you it is a film set, i felt like happy again (yeah, what a :dozey: story). Unfortunatly i kept thinking music was westlife, n'sync and that crap until some years later, but that was my first expierience with good music :P Though now the video makes me laugh when jonny and will are chasing guy! :lol: SO, getting back to the point of this thread, no, i dont know about any hidden meaning in it. Sorry! :rolleyes:
December 1, 200520 yr Oh i saw just a video of trouble. Chris sitting in chair ... and trying to get free... This one above i didnt see.
December 1, 200520 yr ^Hey hey hey mandy :kiss: !!!! Holy shit its sooooo good to be back!!!! :D :D :D WOOOOOOT! :cool:
December 1, 200520 yr How was Africa? Was it purdeeee? Woo. I cant believe you met a woman that could have dated Chris. Lucky bee wurd. haha
December 1, 200520 yr How was Africa? Was it purdeeee? Woo. I cant believe you met a woman that could have dated Chris. Lucky bee wurd. haha Who is that women ?? :o
December 1, 200520 yr Yeah it was beautiful thankyou! Very hard work, but rewarding! And the sharks were fantabulous (not sure if thats a word lol)!!! I didnt manage my mission! :cry: I couldnt wear my Coldplay t-shirt on the boat (didnt want to get chum/fish head juice on it :lol: ), but i do have a pic of me IN Africa with the t-shirt on....so i kinda did it! :D :smug: And i cant believe i met her either!!!! :) It was sooo cool!
December 1, 200520 yr Aww thanks! :) Here's the proof!! And a shark for y'all! :D (please excuse me looking rough - nearly 10hours at sea that day, man i was tired!!)
December 1, 200520 yr ^ :stunned: STEPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D you back! btw. nice pics :D
December 1, 200520 yr ^yup.yup. **parties** its great you are back!!! :D :D :D :D btw. did you get my last emails??? :P
December 1, 200520 yr PAAAARTY!!!! *does a little 'i love coldplaying' dance* Yeah i did, thankyou so much sweetie!!! You really brightened my day when i got one of those emails, i was feeling pretty homesick that day, it was horrible, and then i got ur pics u sent me and all the latest news and i felt sooo much better, so thankyou for that! You're such a star! :kiss:
December 1, 200520 yr ^and so are you hun!!! :D so, are you happy or sad that you came back??? :cool:
December 1, 200520 yr OMG! Shark!!!!!! [Nettie runs away...:lol:] Cool pix Steph! :cool: As for the Trouble video, I think it's very well done and fits the song perfectly. And yes, I have to agree with ya Steph - Chris and Guy looks particularly HAWT in the vid... :wink3:
December 1, 200520 yr Hmm....im happy to be back coz of this place, and my family, friends, and just to be 'home'. But I was so sad to leave, i couldnt stop crying on the bus to the airport, the other passengers must of thought i was so strange, lol. I miss it so much....i had to go and get my photos developed today and it was such a shock being in the freezing cold, busy, polluted town....i just wanted to be out on the boat again watching sharks, whales and dolphins and getting all that good sea air! :cry: So its a bit of a mix! :/
December 1, 200520 yr Yea i love that video!!! does anyone have the don't panic video though? i've never seen it!
December 1, 200520 yr Hmm....im happy to be back coz of this place' date=' and my family, friends, and just to be 'home'. But I was so sad to leave, i couldnt stop crying on the bus to the airport, the other passengers must of thought i was so strange, lol. I miss it so much....i had to go and get my photos developed today and it was such a shock being in the freezing cold, busy, polluted town....i just wanted to be out on the boat again watching sharks, whales and dolphins and getting all that good sea air! :cry: So its a bit of a mix! :/[/quote'] yeah...mixed feelings...i have those...i have them every time i travel.. :embarrased: btw..... um... i just got FLOOR TICKETS FOR COLDPLaY!!!!!!! im jumping up and down right now...its amazing i feel like i'll explode somehow! :D :D :D :D :D
December 1, 200520 yr AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! No way!!!!!!!! That rocks!!!!!!!!!! So you're seeing them twice?! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Create an account or sign in to comment