✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guitar Questions

the orange glow

Hey all,

I'm gonna be investing in a guitar soon. What I wanted to ask advice on was this. I'm looking for a good investment in all the equipment that will help me get a grasp on Jonny's sound. I tried asking in a nother thread but I got no answers. I'm pretty new to guitar, so I don't really know anything about the pedals and other crazy shite that goes with them. Some explanations would be awesome and whatever else anyone can give me. I really appreciate it.

Hey all,

I'm gonna be investing in a guitar soon. What I wanted to ask advice on was this. I'm looking for a good investment in all the equipment that will help me get a grasp on Jonny's sound. I tried asking in a nother thread but I got no answers. I'm pretty new to guitar, so I don't really know anything about the pedals and other crazy shite that goes with them. Some explanations would be awesome and whatever else anyone can give me. I really appreciate it.

I would suggest that you get out into the music secne (if you haven't already) around town. Here in Houston we have various clubs ect...that hold "Open Mic Night" where a bunch of musicians play what they want rather it's solo or with the house band. Its a good time to meet extremely talanted people to coloborate with. You will be suprised what postive answers and suggestions you will get plus it gives you a opportunity to meet new friends that love a interest you also share.

Go out to where the local bands play and in between their sets walk up to the the guitarist of the band and ask for any suggestions in what sound your trying to establish. I'm sure other musicians won't mind giving you a minute of their time when it comes to talking about something that (like music) has a lot of impact in their life.

My last suggestion would be to go to your local (well known like Guitar Center) music stores and talk to the sales people. I've found that the managers are a good place to start at music stores. You will usually know within 30 seconds if your talking to someone who knows their business compared to someone thats a dumb ass just there to make a sale to pay the bills.

• 3 weeks later...