✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Me playing Coldplay songs on the piano. Comments

Kacey

I recorded Yellow (my attempt at the KCRW radio version) A Message, Fix You, The Scientist. I also did some The Killers, Keane, Oasis, Imogen Heap, The Fray, Travis and Thirteen Senses videos if any of you listen to them.

I tried doing all of these by ear, so sorry if they're crap. My first few videos were done when my piano was offtune as well. I was also using a Canon Powershot for these.

Just want some comments from some Coldplay fans. Feel free to comment on the videos if you have a YouTube account.

Edit: I have removed most of my videos because I only meant to leave them up until the end of summer. So if anyone stumbles upon this thread and finds that there aren't any Coldplay videos on my account, that's why. However, if you'd still like to see them, feel free to send me a message on Youtube.

Thank you everyone for your comments though. You have inspired me to keep playing :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kacey i was wondering can you play Proof? I got the chords off a guitar tab but im no good at playing by ear!! (I havent listened to your versions yet but i will once im on a broadband pc again!!:) :) )

Hey Kacey i was wondering can you play Proof? I got the chords off a guitar tab but im no good at playing by ear!! (I havent listened to your versions yet but i will once im on a broadband pc again!!:) :) )

Omg I just downloaded the song. I can't believe I missed this...I'll have to learn this for sure.

It doesn't sound too hard either...I'll try and have it done within a few days.

Thank you for the tip! :)

Ah lack of broadband!! I listened to the first 30sec and it sounds brill!! Is there anyway you could write it out for me? Please please please!!

It's kinda difficult to "write" out chords though.

Ummm...I'll try to when I'm at my keyboard later.

If you can't see the vid, try deleting temporary internet files and cookies, then try again. Sometimes works for me.

I also added in my version of "Look After You" by the Fray, if any of you people like them at all. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XRIpX0Z66HI

Alright, hopefully this will make sense. Sorry, I don't know the "names" of the chords because I never took lessons. So I'm just gonna write out the keys.

In the beginning where there's that little riff going, your left hand taps B four times. At the same time, your right hand plays a combination of [E G# B] also four times in unison with the left hand.

Then, the left hand goes G#, B.

Then LH: C# C# C# C# ---> together with RH: [E G# C#] four times as well.

Then repeat that entire part.

Next part, now the LH plays [E G# B]. Keep tapping it at this part.

The "singing" notes for the right hand go: E F# G# E B E#

Then LH: [E G# C#] four times.

Now LH: [E# F# B] --> together with RH: B B E E (your hands kinda get tied together here but its still do-able)

Then LH: [E G# C#] four times ---> RH: B just once

Repeat that last section.

LH: [F# B E#] four times --> RH (after LH taps its chord twice): G# F#

LH: [E G# C#] four times --> RH:E .....BB (wait until you tap the [E G# C#] four times untill you tap B twice)

^Repeat that once.

Then LH: [F# B E#] twice until you press--> RH: G# F#

LH still [F# B E#] six times. At the 6th time, RH: E

Then go back to the main riff. And repeat everything following if you wish.

And thats the song.

you seem really good but can you play by ear yet? cus i've been tryin to play piano for aaages but i can only play if i have the sheet music for a song and i cannot play the live versoins of coldplays songs, i can't find anyone that can help me can you?

aww thank you!!! i mean that when Chris performs live he plays differently to how he does when he was recording the song for the album, e.g. clocks he plays a different base line and I was wondering if you could teach me how to play some of his songs like he does live.

Can you tab proof ? How you play it :) Well, you're too talented :)

I'm trying to play music by ear also..

I already did. It's a few posts up. http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1735170&postcount=17

aww thank you!!! i mean that when Chris performs live he plays differently to how he does when he was recording the song for the album' date=' e.g. clocks he plays a different base line and I was wondering if you could teach me how to play some of his songs like he does live.[/quote']

I could do Clocks, and The Scientist if you like. But the way I do the left hand might be difficult to describe in words. In that case, it'll be easier for me to make a video, if that's ok.