The Fratellis

Ste_2K7

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Fratellians :awesome:

hey darlene!

am I the only one who just can't stop jumping all around with this song?? :dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4&ob=av3e]YouTube - The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger[/ame]

I'm loving Fratellis, and it's a pity they're over cause they would be probably my favourite band next to coldplay. I just knew them a month ago or something when searching iTunes commercials on youtube, where I found one with a very cool song called Flathead... Anyways are there any other songs from them as vibrant and exciting as Chelsea Dagger? :D

• 4 months later...
hey Fratellians :awesome:

hey darlene!

am I the only one who just can't stop jumping all around with this song?? :dance:

I'm loving Fratellis, and it's a pity they're over cause they would be probably my favourite band next to coldplay. I just knew them a month ago or something when searching iTunes commercials on youtube, where I found one with a very cool song called Flathead... Anyways are there any other songs from them as vibrant and exciting as Chelsea Dagger? :D

I love this song! It gets me so hyped, but that could also have something to do with the fact that it's my favorite hockey team's goal song! :laugh3:

• 1 month later...

sorry to be the one bringing those news that might broke some fans hearts but from the looks on their wiki page doesn't seem The Fratellis will keep going. (last news of 2009)

Apparently they went on a hiatus when Jon joined the Codeine Velvet Club band (until 2010) and now he is going solo.

am i the only one disappointed here?

why they changed their surnames to the same one to just release 2 albums?

In fact apparently he has released a free download EP yesterday! (i wonder how i can get it free now :\ )

| web | twitter |

I better not voice who i think he is starting to look like, but OMFG :bomb:

I'm thinking he looks a bit like Billie Jo Armstrong!

whut? Like Green Day? That one doesn't have curly hair as Jon. And just gives me the creeps a bit now :|

I thought more of Ville Valo from HIM :uhoh:

Well so if there's no more The Fratellis but he is going solo as Jon Fratelli, shall he get a new thread or we keep that one? (if the second option i think thread title shall be changed a bit)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBmvf_mTOaY]YouTube - Jon Fratelli - "Rhythm Doesn't Make You A Dancer" (Live Rehearsal)[/ame]

^ how cool to have two drum sets to show the solo name now :wacko:

• 4 months later...

shall jon have a thread on his own?

did i opend one and can't find it now?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwe4be_114]YouTube - ‪Jon Fratelli - Santo Domingo‬‏[/ame]

previous clip of his solo work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXBXt1TdLY]YouTube - ‪Jon Fratelli - Baby We're Refugees!‬‏[/ame]

last video, i love the guitar :awesome:

• 1 year later...

The Fratellis are back.

On June 4th 2012, the Fratellis announced they had reformed to raise money for The Eilidh Brown Memorial Fund on June 15, 2012, marking nearly 3 years since they last shared a stage together. Later in June the band announced that they will perform at O2 ABC Glasgow on 26 September, 2012. They then went on to announce further dates in Oxford, Leicester and Sheffield with another date at Loopallu festival announced to form a small September tour.

Since the reformation, Jon stated that he hopes to record new music with the Fratellis and will also be releasing his second solo album, which he had nearly finish prior to the band reforming. He said that they had put aside their differences as "life is too short". Barry has now given up playing bass in The Twang and will devote his time to the Fratellis and DJ'ing.