✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Fratellis

Ste_2K7

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love this band, seeing them a week from tomorrow. Costello Music is my favorite album of the year so far, even better than Neon Bible. I've hooked about a half-dozen of my friends on them. Terrific.

Thank fuck for the Fratellis!

their album is amazing! :dance:

"henrietta" and "whistle for the choir" are my favs.

Whistle For The Choir is my favorite too along with Chelsea Dagger and Country Boys & City Girls. :)

Sometimes I thought their three-voice chorus a bit too noisy though. :D

Absolutely love this band, seeing them a week from tomorrow. Costello Music is my favorite album of the year so far, even better than Neon Bible. I've hooked about a half-dozen of my friends on them. Terrific.

Thank fuck for the Fratellis!

oh ur gonna have a blast, their live show is amazing.

they are a thousand times better than arctic monkeys... to be honest i just can't see the AM appeal

oh ur gonna have a blast, their live show is amazing.

they are a thousand times better than arctic monkeys... to be honest i just can't see the [arctic monkeys] appeal

well, lucky me, they're coming here, too, so i'm gonna go to that show too. heh.

Are you really being serious????????

L M F A O

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Well seeing as the Arctics are overhyped belong belief, with even the NME saying they will "slay" those 2 little shows they are playing at Old Trafford at the weekend, talk about reviews being written of the gig before the gig. They add nothing new to the current mixture of music around, all they sing about is how you used to get it in your fishnets but now you only get it in your night dress.

Sorry but Favourite Worst Nightmare is in my top 5 Shit albums, that I have listened to, of the year so far.

Its just a complete overstatement to say the Fratellis are ten times better than Arctics. Fair enough that you like em. but I think that the Fratelli's lyrics/inspiration have some similarities to those of the Arctics. Getting girls etc. Think people just like Fratelli's 'cos theyre more melodic and sing-a-long, whereas Arctics 2nd album is slightly different and less accessible in comparison to their first. of course this is only my opinion :)

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I guess it's based on these messages, posted on the official site a week ago.

Evening campers,

from the very first day we got together, The Fratellis never had a plan as such, we knew we were good, we knew we had a chance to make it.

like any good relationship, when you know, you know.

turns out we were right, everything fell into place and we've spent the last

5 or so years touring the world sharing this great music with you all.

At this particular point in time though we've found ourselves making music

still but just not together. This is just the way it goes i suppose sometimes.

you mean the world to us Fratelli fans, look after yourself

and each other

good times

Baz x

Hello All

i hope everyone is well. We really do appreciate the support and enthusiasm that you guys show to this band, as that's the case we want to keep you up to date with our plans. We have no plans to work together right now. Sometimes things just work out that way. Mince, Baz and I are working on music but not with each other for a while. Your passion is appreciated more than we will ever be able to say, we'll forever give our hearts and souls to music and to you guys who want to hear what we do.

Mon Yous Mon us But not them

Jon

thanks for the sources :thumbsup:

so it seems to me they are taking different ways now, sad that Fratellis project seems to be over, but if they'll keep on music with other projects i don't see the big drama there.

Probably i would have a diffrent opinion if their second album would had been better to my ears than the first was. :\

Anyways is not the first band that takes an hiatus and be back some years later with better work to offer.