✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

internet security

fudge

Well I have KAspersky Antivirus 6.0.

Really efficient, but makes your computer a bit slowier than usual. It needs 1 or 2 mins to get completely ready when you start you computer.

I paid 49€. Free updates but you have to buy a new license each year.

Well I have KAspersky Antivirus 6.0.

Really efficient, but makes your computer a bit slowier than usual. It needs 1 or 2 mins to get completely ready when you start you computer.

I paid 49€. Free updates but you have to buy a new license each year.

Which is exactly why I use the service offered by my IP. Everything's update automatically and I don't have to think about it.;)

It is Norton, though.

Actually, mine's a combination of Symantec and Norton.;)

same.

i visited a pc store and was told the latest version of norton/symantec makes your pc much slower because of it's size and that the most preferred version of anti-virus, spyware, adware etc is either bulldog or this other program that involves nothing besides a username and password and it updates your pc everyday without slowing it down at all. i'm going to explore that further once my norton/symantec subscription expires, anything to speed my laptop up.

AVOID NORTON

It drains your system resources and tried to take over your computer and is generally rubbish.

AVG is the best for anti-virus.

Spybot S+D/Adware for spyware

And firewall, I use McAfee as it came free with AOL.

Yes Norton is extremely annoying, and i can't find any safe way to uninstall it either. And i don't have it by choice, it came with my laptop, preinstalled :angry:

And its useless at preventing outbreaks, well for me anyway, cos it always wants me to renew my prescription.

And i think my computer is already infected, cos i can't open IE7 anymore, so i'm using firefox right now, which is ok i spose.

like i said norton does take up a lot of room which is the primary reason of say a pentium 4 running ridiculously s l o w, besides that it does what it's meant to do and protects my pc from everything. i've used norton for as long as i can remember and never had a problem with it. versions before '94 were ideal but since then they keep getting bigger and slowing everything down.

Ian, thanks for that link btw, will come in handy pretty soon!

^ if it keeps reminding you then your yearly prescription is about to or has run out, or else it wouldn't be doing that. maybe see a technician.