✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

what if??

Moses

AROBTTH could never have been the 1st album, because the only way the sound is as it is now, is through development and constant playing, if it was the 1st album, then i believe it would have been a rawer sound and not as polished, which may have been a good thing..

but in terms of chart success, then i don't think AROBTTH would have been the right album to release back when parachutes was released, the music charts have gone more away from "pop" towards a rockier influence...unless we're assuming that AROBTTH was released same time as it was now, just there was no parachutes before it...

if that is the case...it might have been a success yes, but not as big as it is now, because people are sometimes more weary of buying 1st albums by bands...they buy the 2nd album because there was a song they liked off the 1st, etc..

generally anyway, though AROBTTH is the better album, agreed

I don't even want to think of a situation where Parachutes didn't exist. :o

I love both AROBTTH and Parachutes equally. I don't compare the two, saying ones better than the other because both are two totally different albums that can't be compared.

But back to the question: I don't think Coldplay could've made AROBTTH w/o Parachutes being their first album. I remember reading somewhere Chris stating that AROBTTH was made while touring for Parachutes and their inspiration for the album came from listening to all sorts of music while out on the road. I think the songs also came from inspiration of being all over the world while on tour, as well. So I think it would've been impossible AROBTTH to have been made w/o Parachutes.

i meant that in my place is as good as the 1st parachutes single so if there was no parachutes before AROBTTH and if there was IMP already and if they released IMP as their 1st single EVER they would be almost as succesful as they are now after releasing 2 albums. phheewww :D

i can't answer the question asked by this thread but i can say that if arobtth was their debut album i probably wouldn't be a fan of them. :shrug:

oh and i don't really think arobtth is necessarily an "evolved" sound. it's like they started evolving in a couple different directions, got stuck halfway, then made an album. none of the songs flow well with each other at all. hopefully the next album will be much better.

don't answer thinking about parachutes is what i mean. just completely forget there ever was a parachutes. (ahhh hard thought i know, parachutes is amazing). for all you know, this is some new band with a new cd called a rush of blood to the head. just pretend .lol. does this album still do as good as it has done?