✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gigwise Readers Give Their Verdict On The New Coldplay Single

busybeeburns

00008333_MEN200-5.jpg

And it’s quite positive…

It’s been out for a total of three hours, but that’s been plenty long enough for Gigwise readers to say exactly what they think about Coldplay’s new single ‘Violet Hill’. Taken from the band’s forthcoming fourth album, ‘Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends’, the song sees the band take a new, more experimental direction compared to previous releases.

Music fans started sending us their feedback within minutes of the song airing on BBC6 Music and the majority of it has been positive. “Good to see they are changing things around a bit. I think its great… Can’t wait for the album,” said Gframps.

Meanwhile, Andrew said: “It’s very different for them, but I have to say that I am impressed. It will be a hit this summer, ”If you love me, why don’t you let me know!!” can’t wait for more!”

Not all the feedback has been quite so good, however, with one listener saying they weren’t sure whether it was “good or bad” that the song reminded them of Oasis. James was also unimpressed, saying it sound like “dad rock”. “More clunking, overrated music from Coldplay,” he said. “Three years away has led to no creative spark.”

Meanwhile, Mike said: "I love the song. I’ve been on the coldplay website 3 times a week since they announced they were a month away from finishing the album. I was one of those people that was on the site at 7:05 refreshing the page until the website siezed to function at 7:12. around 7:30 EST i finally heard the song and i think its great. I don’t think its epic or even that much different from the Coldplay sound, but i love the direction coldplay has taken and look forward to the rest of the Album."

http://www.gigwise.com/news/42776/gigwise-readers-give-their-verdict-on-the-new-coldplay-single

well guys, the people who always hate coldplay's music will continue hate it, maybe they gonna compare it with other artists they gonna try to put down coldplay even they know that is a great song. dont expect a change on the reviewrs just dont read their crap.

and if this song would sound like oasis. i would gonna be really desappointed.

its and awesome song i only compare it with genesis but in a good way. well guys this compartion with oasis make me want to punch my pc cause coldplay is better than oasis the best poser band of all time.

Yes, but why are people getting all upset over the little bit of bad and not focusing on the fact the the majority who heard it love it?

I know we're protective as fans, but accentuate the positive already!

I'm still curious as to whether any of the fans interviewed are Coldplayers. Maybe Mike sat up on the boards with us and we didn't even know it because he was a lurker??;):lol:

and if this song would sound like oasis. i would gonna be really desappointed.

its and awesome song i only compare it with genesis but in a good way. well guys this compartion with oasis make me want to punch my pc cause coldplay is better than oasis the best poser band of all time.

GEnesis? Really? I thought I was the only one who heard some Genesis overtones in there...along with Breakfast In AMerica type nuances too. Very cool.:)

(although no offense, I do like Oasis, but I don't think Coldplay sound like them.)

yeah my brother called the song phil collins on acid lol.

GAH! NO,lol.:o

I was thinking more in terms of the early Peter Gabriel stuff. I hear similar influences in a lot of Elbow's music (Which maybe fits since VH garnered comparisons to Grounds For Divorce).

Guest kmm1482
GAH! NO,lol.:o

I was thinking more in terms of the early Peter Gabriel stuff. I hear similar influences in a lot of Elbow's music (Which maybe fits since VH garnered comparisons to Grounds For Divorce).

I LOOOOOOOOVE the Elbow comparisons! (obviously!) I could hear some underpinnings of Bucket for a Crown in there. I think that was a good indication of what we're gonna hear