✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Violet Hill - Another Anti-Bush song?

the_escapist

hahahaha, my sig has a thread! :dance:

(well, sorta :P)

in my opinion, the song is 100% about the bush administration. i realize that the song and that verse in particular apply to lots of other regimes etc, but i feel that it applies to the bush administration 100%. i think that the "idiots" are the entire bush administration rather than just him, because that whole white house is a carnival of idiots in my opinion. i don't think that you have to be an american citizen to care about and to comment on the insane state of our political system and our economy, and i think that's exactly what chris is doing in violet hill. that's just me, though :D

EDIT: david, bush wasn't exactly elected, depending on your view of the whole florida debacle in 2000. he was elected in 2004, fine, but he wouldn't have been elected then if he hadn't been selected back in 2000.

bush wasnt even elected by the people in 2004 the elections are rigged ,RON PAUL should have won the republican nomination in 2008 not MCcain but its all Rigged! i was pissed about that! and i know for a fact the bush administration are not idiots they know exactly what they're doing they know what THEY DID on 9/11 and going into iraq ! !! anyways this is getting political now lol im gonna go listen to Politik:cool:

As far as 9/11 goes, I totally agree with you, and if you haven't already seen it, there's a very lengthy thread on here about it. You should check it out. The Bush administration was totally complicit, imo. (ACK! Sorry, don't get me started on this...)

It's really not just an anti-Bush song, I think.. It's about the failings of those in power when the arrogance of "experts" takes precedent over careful reflective thinking. Carnival of idiots - when the press and the whole government, save for a few brave souls, are all working in lock-step and drumming on the war drums - well, lets just say a carnival has many attractions!