May 23, 200818 yr uuuhh....lemme think Johnny Depp, Stanley Kubrick, Mr Matt Bellamy, Beatles, Dream Theater, Yukio Mishima and i just fucking forgot!!!
May 23, 200818 yr MUSICIANS: all of the beatles, bono, chris martin, thom yorke, jonny greenwood WRITERS: ian mcewan, khaled hosseini, jk rowling (how can you not? :D), douglas adams, orson scott card, james joyce FILM PEOPLE: joe wright, edgar wright, simon pegg, john madden, hans zimmerman (under music too, i suppose), hugh laurie, zach braff, john williams (music too) OTHER: my old english teacher, barack obama, two of my (adult) friends of course i'm forgetting LOADS...but i'll post more when i remember them :D
May 23, 200818 yr I have none. It's fine to have them. I just feel that I can't look at other people's examples before I set my own. I don't want to give other people some kind of special treatment for living their lives... I sound like a bitch. Are people man-made?
May 23, 200818 yr I have none. It's fine to have them. I just feel that I can't look at other people's examples before I set my own. I don't want to give other people some kind of special treatment for living their lives... I sound like a bitch. Are people man-made? GTFO no, you do have a point, very strong one
May 23, 200818 yr I have none. It's fine to have them. I just feel that I can't look at other people's examples before I set my own. I don't want to give other people some kind of special treatment for living their lives... I sound like a bitch. Are people man-made? Who you are now was heavily influenced by other people, even if you don't like to admit it or believe it or know it. We are always influenced by other people, even if we don't claim them as idols. Just because you have a idol does not mean you're not original or follow your own path. We all steal things and parts of our personalities from others....
May 23, 200818 yr I have none. It's fine to have them. I just feel that I can't look at other people's examples before I set my own. I don't want to give other people some kind of special treatment for living their lives... I sound like a bitch. Are people man-made? I think it's healthy to have idols insofar as you can pick and choose which of their attributes you'd like to follow. For instance, I'm sure Mrcool11 likes Churchill for his resolve and leadership, and not for the fact that he was often a very depressed individual. Nobody's perfect, and certainly not you - so looking to yourself as an idol only makes sense once you've reached the pinnacle of a certain attribute. That's why people like Angelina Jolie (who probably don't aspire to look much better - but we can debate that) often turn their attention to other parts of their lives that are lacking, in her case being a good mother/wife.
May 23, 200818 yr I think it's healthy to have idols insofar as you can pick and choose which of their attributes you'd like to follow. For instance, I'm sure Mrcool11 likes Churchill for his resolve and leadership, and not for the fact that he was often a very depressed individual. Nobody's perfect, and certainly not you - so looking to yourself as an idol only makes sense once you've reached the pinnacle of a certain attribute. That's why people like Angelina Jolie (who probably don't aspire to look much better - but we can debate that) often turn their attention to other parts of their lives that are lacking, in her case being a good mother/wife. I do, he was a great man who overcame his depression. To be such a great man and have such bad depression, its amazes me. And he gave some of the best quotes ever....
May 23, 200818 yr Ah yes, good point. I used to like Churchill, and Bush, and Reagan, and some other politicians. But I can no longer consider someone an idol when they've got the weight of legitimate use of force behind their flowery language... Musicians (who most people cited in this thread) are more admirable to me because they've got greater autonomy as sort of "counterculture" figures, but it annoys me when they take on causes - like Chris Martin with the MTF thing, which is basically advertising his misunderstanding of basic economic principles. Or Radiohead which try to act holier-than-thou every chance they get... lol I'm a very critical person. EDIT: I'll add John Locke, Ayn Rand, and Adam Smith to my list.
May 24, 200818 yr i forgot my BIGGEST idol in my list last night! TINA FEY. she's what i want to be in 10 years or so exactly, minus the acting part. acutally, her character liz lemon on 30 rock, (who she based on herself), is who i want to be. i'm shockingly like her personality-wise already, and she has my dream job...she even LOOKS like me. tina fey it is. add cate blanchette to my movie list too :D
October 16, 200817 yr Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion, Paul Merton, David Mitchell, Keane :D, LOVE THEM ALL! :D
October 16, 200817 yr Chris+Coldplay:wacky: Matt(bellamy)+Muse:wacky::wacky: Lars Ulrich Andy Murray Ronnie O'Sullivan Jonny Greenwood KEANE Michael Stipe Travis U2 and Richard Ashcroft
October 16, 200817 yr being realistic my parents and grandparents. currently i would say those ones: writers: Arturo Perez-Reverte, Mariano José de Larra, Arthur Conan Doyle, Camilo José Cela cinema: Jeremy Irons, Joseph Fiennes, Jose Luis Garci, Eric Rhomer, Max Von Sydow, Paco Rabal, Ingmar Bergman painting: Goya, Monet, Caravaggio. classic musicians: Beethoven, Vivaldi, Schubert musicians: Chris Martin, David Fonseca, Benjamin Biolay, Antonio Flores, Jesús de la Rosa politics: - must think hard to can consider a good politician, as current ones suck. editing politics: i would consider may be El Cid, Tudmir, Julius Caesar, must think harder yet. other: Miguel Induráin, Pau Gasol, Rafael Nadal, Venancio José Murcia. fictional: Sherlock Holmes, Robert Goren, Gregory House. :P :uhoh: seems that all my idols are male. :worried:
October 16, 200817 yr Author i'll do mine :D chris martin, johnny borrell, richard ashcroft, matthew bellamy, jeff buckley, russell brand, noel fielding, simon amstell, peter kay, adam buxton, joe cornish ..and probs alot more :D
October 16, 200817 yr Johnny Depp, Coldplay, Luis Figo, Raúl, and Zidane, and I also look up to my family and people who are doing amazing things to save this world.
October 17, 200817 yr marilyn monroe, george michael, sting and erm......chris martin? ye, go on, the other 3 aswell!
October 17, 200817 yr Chris Martin is for sure my idol!! He plays piano, I do as well. And his voice is amazing. Put that together and you have the best thing in the world!!
Create an account or sign in to comment