✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fleet Foxes

Black Rose

Fleet Foxes Dude's New Un-Solo Project

148905.ffdude.jpgBecause almost all of them sing, Fleet Foxes come across as a pretty democratic band. No egos or anything. But still, lead bearded guy Robin Pecknold is the main guy. He's made magazine covers; his beard is particularly robust. If any of the Fleet Foxes were to start a solo project, it would probably be him. While Pecknold doesn't have any grand solo ambitions just yet, he did start a MySpace page all by his lonesome that currently features two new songs. (Via onethirtybpm.) According to Fleet Foxes' label, Sub Pop, Pecknold will use the space to post covers in the future.

I dare you to guess the name of this un-solo project. I know, you're thinking: "It could literally be anything, how an I supposed to guess? Just tell me!" Here's a hint: It's White Antelope. Now, even though you didn't know White Antelope was the name of Pecknold's new thing, aren't you sorta kicking yourself for not guessing White Antelope? It just seems right.

One of the songs on the White Antelope page, the decidedly FF-esque "False Knight on the Road", is being added as a bonus cut on the Foxes' "Mykonos" 7" and will be featured on the deluxe UK version of the band's sufficiently acclaimed self-titled debut LP.

Whether Pecknold just uploads a bunch of Graham Nash solo album covers to the White Antelope MySpace or decides to make it a more legit entity, chances are major labels will not be involved.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some very exciting news!! like i mentioned in an earlier post aussie alt music station Triple J recorded one of the Fleet Foxes great shows on their recent tour. i wasnt sure when it would be broadcast but the date has now finally been announced.

the premiere off the gig will be on Monday 16th Feb at 8pm Sydney Time (9pm London time, 1am LA time). it should hopefulyl be a full one hour show. the show will be repeated on Sunday 22nd Feb at 5pm Sydney Time ( 6am London Time, 10pm LA time).

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/gallery/fleet_foxes_090103/default.htm - photo gallery of the gig

some very exciting news!! like i mentioned in an earlier post aussie alt music station Triple J recorded one of the Fleet Foxes great shows on their recent tour. i wasnt sure when it would be broadcast but the date has now finally been announced.

the premiere off the gig will be on Monday 16th Feb at 8pm Sydney Time (9pm London time, 1am LA time). it should hopefulyl be a full one hour show. the show will be repeated on Sunday 22nd Feb at 5pm Sydney Time ( 6am London Time, 10pm LA time).

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/gallery/fleet_foxes_090103/default.htm - photo gallery of the gig

Cool, hope some good youtube vids pop up.

has everyone seen the episode of From The Basement featuring Fleet Foxes alongside Radiohead and Andrew Bird. i saw it on cable last night and it is easily the best episode of the show i have ever seen. fleet foxes did 3 songs but only one seems to be on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNDDbrjKJOU]YouTube - Fleet Foxes - Blue Ridge Mountains (live on Nigel Godrich's "From the Basement")[/ame]

here is the setlist they played in Sydney early in the year

Sun Giant

Sun It Rises

Drops In The River

English House

White Winter Hymnal

Ragged Wood

Your Protector

Crayon Angels

Oliver James

He Doesn't Know Why

Mykonos