✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fleet Foxes

Black Rose

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about the second part...

Oh, that. Well, Ionno about that part. I've just accepted that the acronym in general is a very nice one. :shrug:

They just released an EP. They are really producing a lot of music :D

...Wait, what? WHEN!?

• 2 weeks later...

bestival09_TC_fleetfoxes_004.jpg

Fleet Foxes finish recording new album

Frontman Robin Pecknold says fans will hear 'a song or two soon'

Fleet Foxes have finished recording their new album, frontman Robin Pecknold has confirmed.

Writing on the band's Facebook page today (September 16), Pecknold said the Seattle band are now due to fly to New York to begin mastering and mixing the as-yet-untitled record.

"Well, recording is done!" Pecknold wrote. "We are flying to New York tomorrow to mix and master the album and will have information about [the] release date and when you'll get to hear a song or two soon. Geologically soon but soon."

The new record is the follow-up to their 2008 debut.

http://www.nme.com/news/fleet-foxes/53021

• 3 weeks later...

FleetFoxesPMVH170910.jpg

Fleet Foxes head 'back into the cave' to finish off second album

Robin Pecknold admits band 'spoke too soon' by revealing they had completed recording

Fleet Foxes have revealed that they are heading "back into the cave" to finish work on their second album.

Writing on the band's Facebook page yesterday (October 12), frontman Robin Pecknold said that they still had "ways to go" before finishing the follow-up to their 2008 self-titled debut.

"I guess I spoke too soon," Pecknold wrote. "The record, while close to being done, still has a ways to go. Would have been nice to have realized this before flying to New York to finish it, but so it goes."

He added: "This is how the first record went too, I think two songs were kept from the first batch of 12 we recorded for that album. Back into the cave. Thanks for waiting/caring, we just want it to be really great."

The band previously announced that they had finished recording their new album and were due to begin mastering and mixing it in New York.

http://www.nme.com/news/fleet-foxes/53392