✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

::Hayley::

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I know how you feel. There was a thread where Ginger described it brilliantly and that's how a few of us managed to finally get avatars! I willhave a look for it and try and copy and paste it here. I am sorry can't remember what it is called! :o

first you will have to scale the image no larger than 150 x 150 or it won't fit and it has to be less than 100 KB, im not sure how to scale it on a PC because i've always had a Mac but on my mac you can scale photos using iPhoto. If you use iPhoto go to file and then export and type in the size you want. If you have a PC you probably have a similar photo editing thing.. Once youv'e done that, go to your profile and click browse and find the photo you have just scaled down and click submit. If there's a problem it should say at the top. I hoped that helped a bit :?

or you can just find a pic from a site smaller or equal to that 100 x 100 pix or 80 would be better. right click it copy the url...and when you go to profile theres a place to paste it in. the best to choose from are from http://www.coldplaying.com 8) .....because they're already close to that size and you dont have to do anything but copy and paste the url in your profile.

it beats doing all that work and resizing the pic.

if you find a picture on the net, right click on it and go to properties. check that it fits the requirements...most should do...and then copy the little web address that's just under it. then put that into the little box in you profile that says insert picture by URL or something similar, and you're done! merry christmas, by the way! :-)

the avatar guide...

The quick Avatar Cookbook...

1. Find yourself a picture. Either your own you've scanner or digitised somehow. Or one off this site, or another site... right click and save as, just remember the copyright!!

2. Make sure its no larger than 150x150 pixels, and 100kb. That's the size I've limited it to to fit in the post. Use either Windows generic image programs or something like paintshop pro...

3. Use the above to resize or tinker with the image to the required size.

4. Save as a jpeg jpg or gif (for cartoons types only).

5. Login to the forum and click on profile.

6.Go to the bottom of the page and upload the avatar to the site from your hard drive.... [browse]

7. Go back to the forum and look at your posts... the avatar should be there.

8. Get a beer and admire your handiwork.

if you find a picture on the net' date=' right click on it and go to properties. check that it fits the requirements...most should do...and then copy the little web address that's just under it. then put that into the little box in you profile that says insert picture by URL or something similar, and you're done! merry christmas, by the way! :-)[/quote']that was kind of what i had said before that. but anyways its always good to have a good explanation of how to do something you dont understand completely!!

good luck to all who needed the help.

and i wanna see some cool avatars....i'm getting lazy on mine...still trying to make one like sarahs