✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

completely over rated

adrenn11

Now calm down and read this carefully.

Chris MArtin is not god.

The Scientist is not the most beautiful song ever.

AROBTTH is over rated.

REASONS

the scientist starts lovely but johnny or whatever the guitarists name is just turns it into a dirge half way through. Could he not do something more imaginative than just strum in time to the piano. (This is exactly what lets Yellow down. It is so boring.) Listen to No Surprises by Radiohead and see what can be done with a simple melody.

Politik is a strong opener, In My Place relies to much on production and the rest is simply run of the mill indie.

And this is my point, I have no problem with Coldplay (if any music moves you to tears that great) they just aren't that special compared to innovaters like radiohead, tool, sigur ros.

I feel stupid for having to pre-empt my defence but that's the way it is unfortunately.

Merry Christmas :-)

PS Chris Martin is kick ass for publicising a lot of important issues, fair trade, 3rd world debt. You've got my complete respect. And let's have what may be our last happy Christmas before Geeorge w Bush blows the world up by going after Iraq (and not Saudi Arabia who are known to have supplied 14 of the 17 hijackers of 9/11 airplanes)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um.....you really dont have my respect, but i'm sure you have coldplay's.

i dont understand why ppl come to the board just to post if they think something sucks or is no good.

and your not the first.

if you felt it was so over rated then why do you even bother talking about it.

go write a review....dont come over here. you know there are sites where you can write your own reviews and have other ppl look at them.

and that other stuff you mentioned....you could have kept that to yourself too.

so what's ok for chris martin isn't for me??

brilliant, just like I thought. This is a messageboard to 'discuss' things I thought?

'And the other stuff you could have kept to yourself'

What sort of naive world are you living in? I suppose you think it's ok for chris martin to wax lyrical about these subjects and is forever writing stuff on his hands on tv appaerances, but as soon as a stupid old normal person discusses it, it is suddenly above my head or showing off or something??!!

You didn't argue against one of my points, you just told me to post elsewhere.

YOU are very ignorant.

Re: so what's ok for chris martin isn't for me??

brilliant, just like I thought. This is a messageboard to 'discuss' things I thought?

'And the other stuff you could have kept to yourself'

What sort of naive world are you living in? I suppose you think it's ok for chris martin to wax lyrical about these subjects and is forever writing stuff on his hands on tv appaerances, but as soon as a stupid old normal person discusses it, it is suddenly above my head or showing off or something??!!

You didn't argue against one of my points, you just told me to post elsewhere.

YOU are very ignorant.

I don't think you have the right to call anyone ignorant here. The thing is trolling does not get my respect either. We are discussing things here, have arguments, don't always agree, but we also take responsibilities for our actions and don't just lurk around! Coming here, saying your things and then disappear! That's just slagging and that's a big NO-NO! What kind of replies were you expecting really? fragend002.gif

Re: so what's ok for chris martin isn't for me??

You didn't argue against one of my points' date=' you just told me to post elsewhere. [/quote']

Oh and this one here! I think that point doesn't really belong here. We're just a few young ppl having something in common. We are not trying to change the World. Why don't you go and e-mail George W Bush about your point? fragend001.gif

So still no thoughts on why it's ok for chris martin to champion these causes and not little old me.

:-o

Sorry for the 'ignorant' remark I got a bit wound up, but the first reply to my post was basically saying 'your anti-coldplay thoughts aren't welcome here'. I only posted here to get the other side of the story and maybe someone could change my thoughts on coldplay.

So still no thoughts on why it's ok for chris martin to champion these causes and not little old me.

:-o

Sorry for the 'ignorant' remark I got a bit wound up, but the first reply to my post was basically saying 'your anti-coldplay thoughts aren't welcome here'. I only posted here to get the other side of the story and maybe someone could change my thoughts on coldplay.

Well, have you just listened to AROBTTH just the once? If you have, maybe you should listen to it a few more times. Maybe then, you'll understand what they are all about. The reason why its received so much praise from fans, critics and even non fans is because, the album is brilliant. Also, if you have never seen Coldplay live then you are definately missing out. To me, that is the icing on the cake.

At the moment, the UK charts is full of manufactured trash. Coldplay gives all the others a right kick up the ass and shows 'em all how its done.

I second Missie there. And at least he plays an instrument and can do without playback recordings. I think their music is gonna get more mature day by day, have to give it time and defo more listening the better. And no Chris Martin's not God, Bono is! MUHAHAHAHA!!!! grinser002.gif

hehe Guy is my God... 8) see look he's smiling over there 8)

ok yeah i did say go some where else. sorry about that but i dont think that was a good idea for your first post to be like that. thats the second time someone has said something like that about them and it was also their first post just like that was your first post. maybe it would have been better if you read the other threads about a rush of blood to the head. you would have seen that we all love it and that all the tracks on it are unique.

and i think jonny sounds great in that song....chris said it himself....in the latest interview in the in my place thing on the official site. he said that the ending of the scientist is his favorite part of the album.

and i think it is pretty easy to control what you say when your typing...how could you have gotten 'a bit wound up'.......you didnt have to call me ignorant. and also this message board isnt the real world....my world isnt all that naive and i dont think its any of your business to call it that.

so far you havnt gotten a response to what you wanted to talk about...its because your first post was a bad one....you should have been a little more friendly.

:D

well go post some more in different threads. i feel like your just here to get an answer.

yesterday i heard my neighbor playing coldplay. he's really into heavy metal....he must of heard of them from me. because i play it all the time. do you have the cd. if not, go buy it. every song on there is great. go watch the video and go look up some interviews. i'm sure you'll be hooked soon :D

and btw the scientist is still the best. lol

its not my favorite but its not the worst.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to admit, I am not so into Radiohead myself... Not at all, I'm afraid. Sorry, Si! I hope you'll still be talking to me after you read this...

lol are you talking to me katharina? if so , i`m not into radiohead at all too. i said they were boredom which means that they`re boring. :-) no offense to all tha radiohead fans

I have to admit' date=' I am not so into Radiohead myself... Not at all, I'm afraid. Sorry, Si! I hope you'll still be talking to me after you read this... [/quote']

lol are you talking to me katharina? if so , i`m not into radiohead at all too. i said they were boredom which means that they`re boring. :-) no offense to all tha radiohead fans

I was talking to Si (=Simon=Hicksy...)!! ;)

weedy_gonzalez wrote:

Quote:

I have to admit, I am not so into Radiohead myself... Not at all, I'm afraid. Sorry, Si! I hope you'll still be talking to me after you read this...

lol are you talking to me katharina? if so , i`m not into radiohead at all too. i said they were boredom which means that they`re boring. no offense to all tha radiohead fans

I was talking to Si (=Simon=Hicksy...)!!

buahahahaa lmfao @ my blondeness! sorry! :D

um.....you really dont have my respect, but i'm sure you have coldplay's.

i dont understand why ppl come to the board just to post if they think something sucks or is no good.

and your not the first.

if you felt it was so over rated then why do you even bother talking about it.

go write a review....dont come over here. you know there are sites where you can write your own reviews and have other ppl look at them.

and that other stuff you mentioned....you could have kept that to yourself too.

im with ginger on this one.... you dont really have my respect....if you thought that about them then why did you even post or be here.... i only had to read to bussybeeburns and .. i know im saying this flat out to you but, i dont like you .... saying that really bothers me.... oh and his name is GUY! i cant believe you dont even know their names that well!!! if you are a fan you doing a poor job at being one. if you bought any of their cds and i was a part of their band, i wouldnt want you buying my cd and i wouldnt want your money.... now like i said before, i havent read eveything on this thread yet, so if im wrong then im sorry.

oh and thanks for the greeting but i dont like what your saying about george w. bush either. how do you know whats gonna happen?? you dont know what hes going through at this moment .. and he cant blow up this world, if there were to have somthing happen to the world it WONT be of him it will be of somthing else, and if i were to die this year, i know where ill be going....