• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Now calm down and read this carefully.

Chris MArtin is not god.

The Scientist is not the most beautiful song ever.

AROBTTH is over rated.

REASONS

the scientist starts lovely but johnny or whatever the guitarists name is just turns it into a dirge half way through. Could he not do something more imaginative than just strum in time to the piano. (This is exactly what lets Yellow down. It is so boring.) Listen to No Surprises by Radiohead and see what can be done with a simple melody.

Politik is a strong opener, In My Place relies to much on production and the rest is simply run of the mill indie.

And this is my point, I have no problem with Coldplay (if any music moves you to tears that great) they just aren't that special compared to innovaters like radiohead, tool, sigur ros.

I feel stupid for having to pre-empt my defence but that's the way it is unfortunately.

Merry Christmas :-)

PS Chris Martin is kick ass for publicising a lot of important issues, fair trade, 3rd world debt. You've got my complete respect. And let's have what may be our last happy Christmas before Geeorge w Bush blows the world up by going after Iraq (and not Saudi Arabia who are known to have supplied 14 of the 17 hijackers of 9/11 airplanes)

WHOA someone seems like an ambitious little knobhead!!!! :x :-x