✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Lovers In Japan' intro guitar sound

Deano

This is my first post so be gentle!

Does anyone know how Jonny gets that endless guitar sound at the beginning of Lovers In Japan? He is strumming quite a lot when you see him doing it but you can't hear the strumming if you know what I mean.

An idea of what pedals and settings he uses to achieve the effect?

This is my first post so be gentle!

Does anyone know how Jonny gets that endless guitar sound at the beginning of Lovers In Japan? He is strumming quite a lot when you see him doing it but you can't hear the strumming if you know what I mean.

An idea of what pedals and settings he uses to achieve the effect?

He has alot of complex rack-effects. Probably some delay/modulation that cuts about all the dry mix, and only sends out the wet mix. That may be why you don't hear the defined strumming.

yeah there deffinately some delay modulation there, the sound produced sounds similar to a leslie speaker...which there are multiple ways to emulate. That constant drone could also be produced by a keyboard/synth modulator however in this case I do think its his guitar and (highly priced) rack gear.

I'm certain he has something in his rack (and I'm betting it's the Eventide proccessor) that produces the doppler effect that is dominant throughout this song. There are pedals (most notably the Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere) that produce this effect quite well, but Jonny doesn't have any of them in his live setup.