✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Song Meaning

Gya

I'd like to hear your ideas :wink3:

I think it’s maybe about two persons where the love is… floating away.

Then there was rain

The sky wore a veil of gold and grey

At night it was the bright of the moon with me

And time was just floating away

(Person is sad and is just hanging around and doing nothing and is watching the rain, till the night is coming, his relationship isn’t only gold anymore.)

Then there was rain

This town foundations are crumbling

To the ground comes a bit of a-tumbling

And time was just floating away

We can watch it and stay

And we can listen

(Person is still sad, he realizes now that the love between them both isn’t the same anymore. It crumbles. Do they want to remain as a couple after all and don’t give up?)

Oh rainy day, come 'round

Sometimes I just want it to slow down

And we're separated now, I'm down

But I love when you come over to the house

I love it when you come over to my house

(Person wants to relax and calm down and remember the old times. They’re separated now, but he wants to stay friends with his love.)

Then there was rain

I spent the night with the Queen of Spain

My lonely little heart would've broke again

Times were vicious

Say, so then "And deeper that the knife goes in, the more you win

You end up with less than when you began

Deeper that the knife goes in..."

Ohhhhhhhh

(Uhmmm… I’m really not sure here. He’s still really sad and spent the night with the “Queen of Spain”. No idea what this could mean. I don’t think he means a prostitute here. But he may feels betrayed, empty, and hurt…?)

Oh rainy day, come 'round

Sometimes I just want it to slow down

And we're separated now, I'm down

But I love when you come over to the house

(The same. He wants to be friends with his love)

Ahhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhh

But I love it when you come over to the house

I love when you come over to the house

i was just listenen to this song last night and i was thinking the exact same thing! its called "Rainy Day" but its not really just about a rainy day. but i have no idea. i like your view though. maybe shes the rainy day, and she acts fake (the sky wore a veil of gold and grey), but when their alone, she acts like her real self (at night it was the light of the moon with me), but thats all i have

For me, it goes like this.everything so happy, we have lovely, colorfull Viva la vida, but He just wants rainy days to come, a bit of nostalgia, melancholia, a bit of that famous radiohead feelings, but his producers says no, you got to make more and more money and Brian Eno,hitmaker, says yes, this isn,t as BIG, AS ARTSY THEMES LIKE DEATH,LA VIE, GOD, do not sing about it, we got to make money and not to be sincere.That is coldplay these days, and they could have been just great.Listen to radiohead album In rainbows and you will find that it`s also an album about life and death but with more real feelings not bombastic and confetti like viva la vida.But for me, battle isn`t finished, Martin can do it better, songs like Prospekt march,Rainy day and NMFWTTG show us he has talent, but has to leave emi and money making straight away.I love you but enough is enough...

• 1 month later...
For me, it goes like this.everything so happy, we have lovely, colorfull Viva la vida, but He just wants rainy days to come, a bit of nostalgia, melancholia, a bit of that famous radiohead feelings, but his producers says no, you got to make more and more money and Brian Eno,hitmaker, says yes, this isn,t as BIG, AS ARTSY THEMES LIKE DEATH,LA VIE, GOD, do not sing about it, we got to make money and not to be sincere.That is coldplay these days, and they could have been just great.Listen to radiohead album In rainbows and you will find that it`s also an album about life and death but with more real feelings not bombastic and confetti like viva la vida.But for me, battle isn`t finished, Martin can do it better, songs like Prospekt march,Rainy day and NMFWTTG show us he has talent, but has to leave emi and money making straight away.I love you but enough is enough...

Good point . Something to think about. :). Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

The "we're separated now" line could also mean physically. i was just thinking about this while listening to it. at first i didn't think that, but it could mean that he and his love, or whoever, are far away from each other. and he loves it when they come to visit.

or something

i don't know.

it was a thought that just occurred to me.

• 1 year later...