||the coldplaying committee||

iPsy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate committees in general as a matter of principal. :tongue:

As soon as you have a formal committee, you have a group of people talking about stuff and never quite doing it, and personalities get in the way, and other people feel left out or shut out... and on and on... It's like opening a big barn door for human nature to take over. Add to that a board where people are coming and going all the time and could leave any assigned project in the lurch at any moment...

I've been around here for a few years, and all sorts of amazing things have been happening spontaneously on a regular basis, from the CCC to the Postcards, to various concert sign campaigns. People who want to pitch in find their niche and do it. I've also been around long enough to know that almost everyone, no matter how into it they are will eventually disappear for a period of time, if not leave completely.

Hey, if you want to give your idea a go, that's great, and good on you for trying. I just ask that it not be so formal that everything has to go through you guys, and that people don't have to ask for permission to do something. Come next year should it still be feasible for me to do it, I'm just going to post the albums of the year thread, and tell people afterwards. And that's the way a lot of people around here work.

As soon as you have a formal committee, you have a group of people talking about stuff and never quite doing it, and personalities get in the way, and other people feel left out or shut out... and on and on... It's like opening a big barn door for human nature to take over. Add to that a board where people are coming and going all the time and could leave any assigned project in the lurch at any moment...

I've been around here for a few years, and all sorts of amazing things have been happening spontaneously on a regular basis, from the CCC to the Postcards, to various concert sign campaigns. People who want to pitch in find their niche and do it. I've also been around long enough to know that almost everyone, no matter how into it they are will eventually disappear for a period of time, if not leave completely.

Hey, if you want to give your idea a go, that's great, and good on you for trying. I just ask that it not be so formal that everything has to go through you guys, and that people don't have to ask for permission to do something. Come next year should it still be feasible for me to do it, I'm just going to post the albums of the year thread, and tell people afterwards. And that's the way a lot of people around here work.

So I guess you won't be standing for "election" then??:P

Trust me it won't be too formal! ;)

What if we change the committee's chairman?

Was there really any need...I promise I will make a brilliant chairman! :smug:

You are far too sensitive,i cannot even make the tiniest joke without you taking offense.

okay well if you made it clear what is a joke and what is not I would be fine, when i first joined Coldplaying I looked at you with respect and thought you were great but then you seemed to turn, well, away, and say mean things...Because I like you! :D

coollogo_com_30253996.gif

I Would Just Like To say MERRY CHRISTMAS And just to give you a little update on the Coldplaying Committee!:

In the next few days I will hopefully be revealing the Committee who will be working for a trial period and say of our plans and how the Committee will work and we will also be revealing this:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||A Coldplaying Committee Project: || 2009 Reasons Why Coldplay Are Great!|||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Our first Project to celebrate the new year, 2009, More detail's will be emerging soon ;)

It has also come to my attention that alot of people are aprehensive of the 'Coldplaying Committee' but I can asure that it won't be as 'formal' as you may think and we may only be trying it out for a trial period, I would really like this to work because I think it will be great and will change Coldplaying Forever.

I am hoping to have a 5-7 person Committee who will form the strong team ;), If you would like to be considered for a place on the Committee, please PM Me and I will reply back. I will also be sending PM's to people who I would really like and they may have already recieved them or are soon to ;), As I said I hope that the Committee will be fully revealed in a few days because as of yet I have no confirmed placements, thanks alot, seeya all real soon,

Si,

Coldplaying Committee Chairman

coollogo_com_30253996.gif