✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Plagiarism inverted!

Sparks22

After all the annoying plagarism accusations against Coldplay I thought we should have a thread in which we can list up the songs we think are a "plagiarism" of Coldplay.

I just start with House of Cards by Radiohead, a really good song I think and it was on their album In Rainbows from 2005 (edit: 2007 sorry for this inexcusable mistake, does not change anything). I do not know much songs from this band and just listened accidentally today to this song and my first thought was after a few seconds - that's so much Coldplay!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTFjVm9sTQ]YouTube - Radiohead - House of Cards[/ame]

Can you guess the song I mean?

I just start with House of Cards by Radiohead, a really good song I think and it was on their album In Rainbows from 2005. I do not know much songs from this band and just listened accidentally today to this song and my first thought was after a few seconds - that's so much Coldplay!!!!

I guess I have the honor of being the first zombie.

WTF are you smoking?

EDIT: That song sounds nothing like any Coldplay song, and it didn't come out in 2005.

Listen to these song, omfg :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfHxcnDhS80]YouTube - "Left Behind" by Aqualung[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ-RkGsZGIY]YouTube - Kelly Rowland When love takes over lyrics[/ame]

The piano in these songs drive me crazy, they both sound like Clocks! :dozey:

Don't you have ears in your head? The whole beginning of it does not remind you of anything? Can't believe it...

EDIT: Don't Panic?

WTF are you smoking X a million.

So it's a few up-strummed chords. You know how many songs have up-strummed chords? Go listen to some reggae, and sue every time you hear an up-strummed chord.

Hate to sound like Nathan, but anybody who thinks Radiohead actually 'plagiarized' in this case is no better than Satriani or Cat Stevens.

THIS

Hate to sound like Nathan, but anybody who thinks Radiohead actually 'plagiarized' in this case is no better than Satriani or Cat Stevens.

Your'e absolutely right. Maybe it sounded like this because of the title but I did not meant it exactly like this , i will put it into inverted commas.

Of course Radiohead did not plagiarized CP in Satrianis way of thinking, that's really bullshit. I just wanted to express that in the beginning of House of Cards there is so much similarity that it reminded me of the whole plagiarism scandal and all the people who just accuse Coldplay. Every band takes up ideas from the other, most of the time subconsciously. So it's time for a little bit of justice.