✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Plagiarism inverted!

Sparks22

I just wanted to express that in the beginning of House of Cards there is so much similarity

Except there isn't. Not even close. The songs are more similar in the sens that they both have falsetto singing. The chords are not the same. At least in Satriani's case, there were some common notes in the two songs. No common notes here.

If you really want an answer to this, try posting this in the World of Music forum. :evilgrin:

I just saw the dimension of it - one thread and 16,182 answers to it...and I always thought full of naivete that this is just a Coldplay forum...:rolleyes: - of course the zombies will fight for their right....

Sorry to be wrong about the release date, just said I don't have a clue about them - can't anybody get it right instead of laughing :P

*sighs*

Chris used to jest about radiohead plagiarism, but because he was afraid Radiohead were the ones who sued them

Sparks22

I'm not sure if you realize, but Coldplay are big fans of Radiohead and were always compared to them with their first album in terms of the style of music. Yes that Radiohead song you linked is a more recent one where there is possibility of inspiration coming from Coldplay, but I highly doubt it... the song is very much a Radiohead sounding tune.

Yeah! That Kelly Rowland song - "When Love Takes Over" or whatever - is so similar to Clocks that when I first heard it I screamed out 'SHE'S NOT CHRIS MARTIN!'

No, really. I did. D:

Anyway, yeah. It's disgraceful! The Oracle (coldplay.com) said that it's similar, but not similar enough to deserve a lawsuit...

So...Radiohead ripped Coldplay off?

:laugh4:

I understand what you're getting at, it's just the example that you used to clarify your point is what made you FAIL.

House of Cards =/= Don't Panic.

*runs from thread before the Radiohead zombies attack*

She's lucky Briggins is in a summer camp!

Yeah! That Kelly Rowland song - "When Love Takes Over" or whatever - is so similar to Clocks that when I first heard it I screamed out 'SHE'S NOT CHRIS MARTIN!'

No, really. I did. D:

Anyway, yeah. It's disgraceful! The Oracle (coldplay.com) said that it's similar, but not similar enough to deserve a lawsuit...

It just proves that Joe Satriani is a big wuss :dozey:

• 5 years later...

Radiohead and Coldplay are both my favorite bands. House of Cards is not plagiarism of Don't Panic. Just because the first chord is the same doesn't make it plagiarism. Think of all the songs that start with a C Major chord. There are countless numbers of songs. Neither band plagiarized each other. Both bands have been accused of plagiarism in the past: Radiohead with Creep and Coldplay with Viva La Vida. These songs indeed were plagiarized, but accidentally. I accidentally plagiarized Reckoner by Radiohead before I had ever listened to the song, or maybe I had listened to the song, but I didn't know what it was. This sometimes happens, and this is why songwriters should play their songs for a variety of people (close friends etc.) before putting it out to the world (I was the one to discover that I had plagiarized Reckoner one year after I wrote the song). To Coldplay haters: Actually listen to Coldplay. They may not be as complex as Radiohead, but they have beautiful melodies, are much more upbeat, and are indeed a very original band.