✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

||The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 2||CUZ WE IZ COOL

iPsy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's another one. This one is a little bit more serious than the other two I posted on this new thread :P And this is the first chapter. Enjoy!

Open Up Your Eyes

Chapter1

Chris didn’t know what he really wanted.

Jonny. Guy. Jonny. Guy. My God, he just couldn’t take it anymore. He was trapped inside this world where he only thought of the two other single members of the band.

Will was no longer a problem. He was married and somehow his crush on the drummer disappeared on the day he vowed to love another woman until the day he died. He remembered crying during the ceremony and Jonny handing him tissues every five minutes.

He was crying of relief and happiness. He realized in time that he wanted Will to be happy with Marianne and he was really happy because he knew she was perfect for him. Also, he realized as he sat eating during the reception that he had a much bigger problem. The two gentlemen that he was in the middle of. He didn’t even eat the chocolate cake that both of them offered him. They were stunned but shrugged it off as flu.

But the years passed and he was in the exact same predicament. Jonny or Guy. Guy or Jonny. No wonder he couldn’t sleep. It was like this even when he slept. They would find a way of invading his dreams and leave him even worse than he would be if he hadn’t had any sleep.

And the studio was the last place he wanted to be at these days.

When they were playing, he couldn’t get a hold of himself. He would jump around and run towards Jonny happily and give him a kiss on the cheek or put his arm around him. Either that or he would sneakily go to Guy’s place on the recording area and move behind him, touching every once in a while.

He couldn’t do it anymore. He was tired. He was getting both mentally and sexually frustrated. It is exactly like when he was a teenager. Except now, he didn’t care about girls. He only had eyes for the guitar and bass players of his band.

To make things worse, they were possibly more interested in girls than anyone he has ever known. They were the eternal bachelors that went from bars to bars picking up girls. He had seen it. Now, he just didn’t put himself through that pain anymore. No, his heart couldn’t bear it at this point.

Ugh. What do I do?

The answer was easy and he knew it.

He had to work out his feelings for them and decide what to do next in order to keep things normal for the band. He didn’t want to risk their musical future. It was the only thing he had, really, so he wouldn't jeopardize it for stupid feelings that he couldn’t even describe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonny’s fingers kept moving at a fast pace, precisely, seductively, on his guitar creating a sound that he had never heard before. The strings produced an ambiance that no one could break.

Chris closed his eyes. To the outside world, it might seem like he was soaking in the music, as if he was getting inspired. To him, it was a way of avoiding the sight of Jonny playing in such a sensual manner, unaware of the effect he was having on the front man, enticing him even more.

“So? What do you think?” Jonny eagerly asked, the nervousness evident in his actions: he was playing with his hands and he just couldn’t stand still. He stood in his place looking at the other three, waiting.

The echoes of the guitar sounds could faintly be heard evaporating through the space and time.

“I… I think it’s… wonderful.” Chris answered him, with a genuinely happy smile on his face. Jonny had that effect on him. He was a positive person; he was someone who everybody wanted to hang out with because he was kind, easy-going, and funny. That was how he always saw Jonny. Now, he discovered new qualities in his best friend that he never thought possible.

“Yeah, it’s really good. Really, really good.” Will said, a smile gracing his lips and crossing his arms in contentment.

Getting a positive feedback from Will was no small feat. He was known for his high standards, and being complimentary was not something he did very often. So, Jonny felt relief wash over him. He knew that what he had played was good but now he was completely confident about it. When Will was on board, it was almost guaranteed that they were doing the right thing.

But there was one voice left to hear. A voice that belonged to the man standing on the other side of the room, near Chris.

Guy had not said anything and his posture told them that he was thinking of something.

That’s what made Chris admire him the most. The ability he had to stay focused and not care about anything that was going on around him if something important was on his mind. He was a man of priorities and what people perceived as arrogance or lack of intelligence was quite the opposite. He was just someone who preferred to think things over and say the right thing at the right time. Also, he had no idea of the power he had over people and over Chris, in particular. At that moment, there were three sets of eyes on him and he had showed no signal of awareness of their presence.

Silently he grabbed another bass and started playing immediately. The deep sound filled the room and in a matter of minutes he had created an accompanying piece to Jonny’s guitar composition.

As soon as he finished playing, he turned to the other three men and looked at their stunned faces. Excitement filled the room and next thing they knew, they had another song almost ready to be included in their next album.

This didn’t make Chris’s life any easier. He was in the middle of two single, talented men who were so different yet so similar.

What am I supposed to do? He thought desperately.

At lunch and bored so I started this one.

No idea where it is going.

Chapter 1

Searching

Guy sat looking at the blank computer screen.

He didn't know what to write.

He had already answered all the regulation questions.

Now he just had to write a paragraph describing himself.

They might as well ask him to figure the square root of pi.

He didn't know what to say.

He was just a regular guy.

He liked to take pictures and drink beer.

There was nothing special about that.

He liked to experiment with electronic gadgets.

He liked to shop in record stores and pawn shops.

There was nothing special about that.

In fact, there didn't seem to be anything special or interesting at all about him.

He was a very dull person.

He took a deep breath and pushed himself back from the computer.

"This was a stupid idea," he said aloud.

"What's a stupid idea? Jonny asked, walking into the room.

"Ah nothing," Guy answered, flipping off the monitor so that Jonny wouldn't see what he was doing.

"Oh, well, I am leaving now," Jonny said, "You better get that laptop out of here before Chris sees it."

"Yeah, I know," Guy said, " I was e-mailing some friends. I borrowed the signal from the cafe' next door."

Jonny slammed the door behind him.

Guy flipped the monitor back on.

The screen was still blank.

He took a long look around the room trying to get inspiration.

He finally wrote:

"I don't have a favorite color. I like all colors of the rainbow the same as I like all kinds of people. I like to take

photographs because I see beauty in shapes and forms that other people might not.

I don't have a favorite song because I love all kinds of music. I love all types of instruments from a piano to an

empty water bottle turned upside down and used as a drum.

My greatest asset is that I have an open-mind and am constantly seeking a universal truth through the pursuit

of knowledge.

Life is a journey and sometimes a trip."

Guy re-read the sentences to himself.

God, that sounds so conceited, he thought.

He shrugged.

"What the hell," he said, "I wasn't expecting alot anyway."

Then he pushed Send.

Chapter 2

Searching

Guy didn't turn on his laptop for three days.

Finally, he went to download some photographs from his camera and he

decided to check his e-mail.

He had 635 messages.

He almost fell out of his chair.

He clicked on the first one.

It was a rather suggestive e-mail from an eighty-five year old woman.

Guy deleted that one quickly.

The next one was from a pervert who sent him pictures of himself wearing women's underwear.

Guy deleted that one too.

The third one was from a man somewhere in Eastern Europe who offered to send him a plane ticket and attached a

photo of his prize sheep.

Guy was just confused by that one.

The fourth one was from a man who described himself as the "messenger of little children."

Guy was seriously disturbed by that one.

The fifth one was from a person offering to show him the path to enlightenment.

This person attached a photo of some leather sex toys.

Guy decided that was interesting.

He kept that one.

He didn't intend to contact the person, he just thought it was an intriguing idea.

Now he had had enough.

He decided that all the people on these dating sites must be either crazy or crazier.

"How freaking hard is it to meet a nice normal person?" he wondered.

He deleted all the e-mails.

Guy had just finished looking through all his photographs when a new e-mail arrived.

Guy almost deleted it without even reading it.

But something made him stop and read it.

"Hi," it read, "I read your profile and noticed that you did not include a photograph of yourself.

To me that says alot about a guy. I am very interested in starting a line of communication with you.

Maybe we could at least become good friends."

"Probably a freak in hiding," Guy said to himself.

But he decided to answer anyway.

There was a small chance it was a normal person.

He responded: "I would like very much to communicate with you. Your e-mail was a breath of fresh air. I look forward

to hearing from you again."

Then he pushed Enter.

Chapter 3

Searching

Guy's log on name was LonelyinLondon.

He thought about changing it.

He was afraid it made him sound too desperate.

Yet, it was true.

He was very lonely.

Somehow he had acquired the reputation of being a womanizer.

He laughed to himself when he thought about that.

Womanizer? Far, far from it.

He used to go to pubs.

Even then he was too shy to talk to many of the girls that were there.

Once a really pretty waitress asked him for his phone number.

He had never had a girl ask for his number before.

He was so nervous and flustered that she thought he was offended and walked away.

Besides, girls that hung out in pubs weren't the kind of girls he was looking to meet.

Will once told him to meet girls he should go to the farmer's market.

He tried that.

He ended up with a carton of eggs spilled on his favorite pair of white Converse shoes.

Guy had also heard that the library was a good place to meet respectable girls.

He had gotten kicked out of there because the librarian told him he was too noisy.

He tried bookstores.

Lots of intellectual girls could always be found there.

Most of them took one look at Guy, decided he was far too gorgeous to be interesting and walked away.

Chris suggested the laundromat.

Guy ended up with pink underwear and blue socks and not one girl was in sight.

One girl did actually talk to him at the subway stop.

It turned out that she was a hooker.

"You know what your problem is, don't you?" Jonny asked.

"What?" Guy said.

"You are too damn good-looking. All the girls think you are either taken or that you are a conceited asshole."

"I can't help how I look," Guy said.

"I know," Jonny said, "But looking that good can be a curse."

Guy was depressed after that.

What should he do?

He didn't know.

That is when he saw the ad for the dating service in the magazine and decided to give it a try.

He was really afraid that this was his last hope.

Open Up Your Eyes

Chapter 2

“I mean, look at these.”

Will was showing them photos of his children. Again. He had to be the proudest father ever. He just couldn’t stop grinning from ear to ear every time he talked about them. He even made those sounds when he talked about them. Those sounds every single adult made when they were talking to little kids as if that would make any difference regarding their understanding.

But they thought it was cute and it suited the drummer. He was the ultimate family person.

“Yeah, they are getting so big now.” Chris joined in the conversation, clearly happy. “So, and you want to spend the weekend away with the family?”

“Yes, we had plans for a weekend trip to visit some relatives and well, this weekend is as good a time as any, right?” he explained, not taking his eyes off the photos.

“Yeah, you guys deserve a little time away, to have fun and relax.” Jonny said, taking the photos in his hands to look at them more closely. In them, you could basically see three mini-Wills with huge grins on their faces on swings that reminded him of when he was a little kid and used to be on the swings for endless hours.

“And what do you guys want to do while he’s away?” Guy asked, peering at the photos, over Jonny’s shoulder, resting his head in there.

Chris turned to look at him, about to answer when he saw that image. Guy’s head gently resting on Jonny’s shoulder, both looking intently at the photos.

He just couldn’t catch a break, could he? That, right there was his biggest fantasy. Jonny AND Guy. That way, he wouldn’t have to choose. He would just get the two. But life wasn’t that kind and if he wanted something more than a friendship with either one of them, he would have to figure it out. He couldn’t risk telling both of them that he was in love with them. He had to love one more than the other. Also, the prospect of being rejected by both of them was just unbearable.

“Well, we have that interview to make on Saturday. Maybe after that we can go to a pub or something.” Jonny suggested turning his head a little to look at Guy.

They want to kill me, right?

“Yeah, sure.” Guy responded, standing up straight. “So, are we done for today or what?” He was already gathering his things, ready to leave.

“Well, I think we are, but why are you in such a hurry?” Will asked, looking at him, adjusting his glasses with his index finger.

“I’m not in a hurry.” Guy said, defensively.

“Yes, you are. Let me guess. Another date with that girl you met on the library? Am I right?” Jonny inquired, grinning at his friend’s obvious discomfort.

“She has a name, it’s Anne, and no, it’s not a date. We exchanged some books and now… I am returning them.”

“That is the most ridiculous excuse I’ve heard in quite a while. Just admit it, it’s a date.”

“It’s not, Jon. God, why do I have to explain myself to you?”

“You don’t but obviously you feel the need to. Which, in my opinion, proves me that you’re dating this girl, oh, I’m sorry, Anne.” He corrected himself, chuckling, while Guy just threw him a pissed off look.

“I’m going. Bye, Will. Bye, Chris.”

“Bye.” They said in unison with Jonny’s laugh echoing around the studio. Chris couldn’t help but feeling hurt even though it was only his fault he was like this.

I have to do something. I have to make up my mind and soon. This is ridiculous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He heard a door closing.

Even in the dark he could see his figure approaching the bed. Chris was wide awake now. He was dreading what would happen next. At least that’s what he told himself. The truth was he had been waiting for this encounter.

Sitting up, his bare chest was left exposed to the other man in the room, the thin sheet covering his form up to his bellybutton. Sweat was forming on the palms of his hands and on his forehead and his heartbeat was fast paced, thumping madly in his chest, the strong, unbearable sound reverberating in his ears.

The masculine form kept walking in his direction, his step slow and calm, in control of the situation. His scent was fresh yet manly; his slender fingers could be discerned in the dark room; the clothes he was wearing seemed to be black, but that was not possible to guarantee once he took of his shirt, carelessly throwing it on the floor, followed by his pants.

Chris was not surprised to see that the man was not wearing any underwear. Somehow, he just knew it. It was the way it was supposed to happen.

His thoughts were suddenly stopped when the man stood by his side as if out of nowhere. He lowered his head and softly brushed his lips against Chris’s, his hands holding the blue-eyed singer’s head for a moment before traveling down his neck and chest, followed by the man’s lips.

Chris had never felt like this before. He had heard of passion and lust and pleasure, and he was positive he had felt all of them. But, standing naked on his bed, only a sheet separating his bare body from this mysterious man, also completely naked, he felt a rush of blood speeding through his veins, which made him certain he was experiencing those same feelings at this very moment.

Disrupted from his musings once more, he could now feel the weight of the mysterious man on top of him. He was gazing down at his face with an arm supporting some of his weight so as not to completely touch Chris, teasing the singer with light strokes on his legs and torso.

He was definitely going to push him over the edge of desperation and desire.

The masochist side of Chris couldn’t be more thrilled. He was enjoying every minute of it.

Suddenly, there was no more silence. The heavy breathing gave place to loud groans and the sound of kisses could be heard through the room. Their lips only separated for air or moans of pleasure.

And just like he came, he left. The masculine form was no longer near him, no longer touching him and he could only catch a glance before he disappeared from the room, looking back once he passed through the door, giving Chris enough time to realize who he was.

With a jolt, he woke up, sweat forming on his face and his eyes were as wide as they have never been before. His mouth was dry and on his way to the kitchen to get a glass of water, he kept seeing that face, almost as if haunting him.

At that moment, he understood there was no more denying and no more searching for an answer. Now, he only had to declare his love for one of his best friends. Easier said than done.

Open Up Your Eyes

Chapter 3

“So, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it?”

“I…I have been feeling kind of… I mean, for the past few years, well, basically since the band was formed, sort of…”

“You’re rambling, Chris.”

“Sorry, it’s just I’m nervous.”

“Nervous? Come on, it’s me. You can tell me anything, man.”

“I know. It’s just… I don’t know how to say it… I guess I know how to say it… but the way I say it…”

“You’re doing it again.”

“Right. So I’ll just say it. I think I’m in love.”

“That’s great, man. I’m happy for you, you deser-“

“No, no. That’s not the whole thing.”

“Oh, okay. Who’s the lucky one?”

“Well….”

“Wait, let me guess. That girl from the coffee shop who always gets you a chocolate on the side?”

“No.”

“Oh, somebody famous?”

“Actually, yes.”

“My God, you’re in love with Beyoncé, aren’t you, that’s why you’re so scared. You’re afraid Jay is gonna knock you out.”

“No, no, nothing like that. Truth is… it’s not a she, it’s a he.”

“Oh…. Oh, I had no idea. Who’s the lucky… man, then?”

“It’s Guy.”

“Are you kidding me? Guy? There’s no way you’re in love with him.”

“Why not?” Chris frowned at the certainty in his friend’s voice.

“Because if you are in love with someone from the band, it’s with me.” Jonny said.

“What?” Chris couldn’t believe his ears. “How come?”

“Come on, man, the flirting on stage, the constant calls in the middle of the night, the kissing, the whole physical contact. Admit it, you’re in love with me and you’re just trying to see if it’s cool to like someone from the band.”

Chris didn’t talk. He was looking at Jonny as if he suddenly had four heads. What the hell was he talking about? He confessed him he was in love with Guy and the guitar player just thought he was declaring his love for him.

“And I’m cool with that, it’s just I don’t feel the same way, I’m sorry, mate.” Jonny patted Chris’s back, trying to cheer him up, but the singer sat there without blinking, his eyes wide and expressionless.

“I… I don’t know what to say, Jonny, but… I was telling you the truth, it’s Guy, it’s not you.”

Jonny observed his best friend, noticing the serious look on his face. He wasn’t joking. It was Guy. For some reason, he felt a small twinge of jealousy for a second. But that feeling evaporated as soon as it arrived. Next thing he knew he was laughing.

“What are you laughing about?! I’m serious.” Chris was getting annoyed at his friend.

“I’m sorry. I’m just imagining Guy’s reaction.” The guitar player chuckled. Then he laughed even harder, his hands on his eyes wiping the tears that now appeared there. “Imagine Will’s reaction.” He said, his eyes widening at the thought.

“Thanks for your help, man, really, thank you.” Chris said, walking out of Jonny’s home, the sound of his friend’s laughter echoing in his head as he closed the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The days went by and Chris had not looked Guy in the eye for more than a week. Will had asked him what was wrong with him because apparently he looked like shit. That was easy considering he had not slept one single minute ever since that unforgettable, haunting dream.

“Chris!” Guy called him as he was leaving the studio, running after him. “Wait up.”

He just stopped, not daring to glance at the bassist. He kept his head lowered and when Guy approached he took a step back from him, which made the other man even more worried about him. Guy wasn’t the type of man that got worried for no reason like Chris, for instance. But the behavior of the lanky, curly-haired man was making him preoccupied. He hadn’t talked to him for a week and he had been with him every single day. He would speak with everyone but him. He had started to think he had done something that hurt the frontman but he hadn’t really done anything that could upset him.

Come to think of it, Guy hadn’t upset anyone in a long time. He supposed that he was just growing up and becoming kinder towards other people. That was why he was so frustrated now; he adored Chris, he was one of his best friends and he knew how sensitive he was. He knew Chris was the type that wouldn’t open up that easily though, which, honestly, he could really relate to.

“Hey, is everything okay?” he asked, softly.

“Yeah, sure. Why?” Chris wondered if he knew something. Maybe Jonny didn’t close his mouth… No, Jonny wouldn’t do that, he was too faithful to do that.

“It’s just… you seem to have been avoiding me for some reason and I wanna know why.”

“I’m not avoiding you.”

“You haven’t talked to me in a week, even when I address you while we’re working. And cut the crap cause you talk to everyone else. So don’t say you’re on creative mode or whatever.”

“Still, I’m not avoiding you.” He repeated, his gaze wandering to the clouds above. He wished everything was as simple as being a cloud, guided by the wind, taken to places never dreamed of before, away from problems.

“Then look at me.” Guy simply said.

Chris looked again at his shoes, not wanting to face the other man. He was a coward. He was afraid of giving away his feelings and ultimately be rejected.

“Come on, man. I can’t apologize if I don’t know what I did or help you, if that’s the case, if I don’t know what’s bothering you.”

“You didn’t do anything and I’m fine.”

“I swear to God, you can be so stubborn sometimes.” Guy sighed, exasperated. “Okay, if you want it like that.” He grabbed the singer’s head and turned it in his direction, making their eyes connect.

For several seconds, they just stayed there, Guy’s hand on Chris’s face, their gazes penetrating each others’. And just like that, Chris couldn’t take it anymore.

“I’m in love with you.” He blurted out.

“What?!” The shock was evident in Guy’s face. “Wh-What?!” he asked again, disbelief covering his features.

“You heard me. I’m in love with you.” He paused, lifting his hand to cover the hand that Guy had placed on his face, holding it. “I love you. I tried to deny it, I tried to hide it and until just now, it worked. I am so sorry to drop this on you, like this but I can’t look you in the eyes and lie. I just… I just had to tell you. I wasn’t going to. I was just going to do what I did until now. Hide. Because I know you don’t feel the same way and that’s fine but…” he sighed loudly. “It’s all a big mess.”

By that point, Guy put his hands in his pockets and Chris fidgeted with his fingers, watching them move wildly in front of him.

They were silent for a few minutes, their feet unable to move, unable to drag them out of this situation.

“How long?” Guy asked, showing no emotion. “When did you start having these… feelings for me?”

“Well, I guess I could say… uh, I mean, approximately, really… I don’t know the day exactly but maybe… mmhhmm…”

“Stop rambling and say it, please.” Guy asked, gently.

“Around the time we first met.”

Guy couldn’t help but yell.

“WHAT? All these years… you never said anything to me!” he was getting increasingly agitated. “How could you keep this to yourself all this time? Or, wait, have you told anyone else?”

“I told Jonny last week.”

“I don’t know what to say, Chris, I just… wasn’t expecting this.” He said, truthfully.

“Don’t say anything. Just…let’s not talk about this anymore, okay?” Chris said, tiredly. “Let’s pretend this never happened.”

With that he turned and left. Guy stood there, watching him disappear, words failing him like many times before. The worst part was he knew exactly what he should have said but didn’t.

Chapter 4

Searching

Guy began to look forward to checking his e-mail.

This person that he was communicating with seemed like a real find.

They had in depth e-mail conversations about religion and art and science.

They quoted Yeats and Dylan Thomas poetry to each other.

They told each other stupid jokes.

They sent each other cute pictures of baby animals.

They told each other family stories about their childhood.

They told each other deep dark secrets.

Guy even confessed to having a crush on a young man that he once knew.

He could never have admitted something like that to any of his other friends.

He felt comfortable just being himself.

He felt.....content.

That was a real shock to him.

He had never been content in his whole life.

He always felt like he carried the weight of the world on his slim shoulders.

Now he felt he shared the weight with another living soul.

But that was just the problem.

Guy began to fear that this person, whoever it was, only existed in his mind.

Finally, he got up the nerve to ask this person if they could meet in person.

There was no response.

Guy's e-mail went silent except for the usual ads claiming that he had won the lottery and

offering to send him a sample of Viagra for free.

He didn't know where he went wrong.

Guy fell back into a deep depression.

He really felt a loss deep inside.

The missing piece that he thought he had found was now missing again.

And it hurt.

Two weeks later he was thrilled to receive another message from the mysterious person.

It seems they had some trouble with their computer and finally had to buy a new one.

Guy was relieved.

It wasn't something he had done after all.

His messaging friend agreed that they should meet.

Guy wanted to make it a public place.

They agreed on a pub around the corner from the studio.

They agreed to meet exactly at 7:30 under the oak tree at the entrance to the pub.

Now, Guy just had to get up the nerve to show up.

Chapter 5

Searching

Guy showed up early on the night they were scheduled to meet.

He knew it was silly but he didn't want to risk being late.

He paced around nervously.

He lit a cigarette and started to smoke it.

Then he put it out, worrying that it might not make a good impression.

Then he remembered that his computer friend already knew that he smoked.

He clenched and unclenched his fists and his jaw as he walked a trail in front of that tree.

He sat down on the bench.

Then he stood up.

He leaned against the wall of the pub and tried to look cool.

That didn't work either.

He saw a beautiful blonde girl walking toward him.

"Hello," she said, "Do you have the time?"

"Sure," Guy told her, "It's 7:45."

"Thanks," she said, smiling brightly and walking on down the street.

"Oh no," he said, "It's 7:45. That's fifteen minutes past the time we were supposed to meet."

He looked after the blonde girl.

"I bet that was her," he said to himself, "And she walked on because she was disappointed."

He sat down on the bench and thought about what he should do.

A pretty little brunette sat down beside him.

"Hi," she said.

Guy wondered if she was the one from the computer.

"I'm just waiting on my boyfriend," she said, and smiled at him.

"Oh," Guy said.

She wasn't the one either because shortly she jumped up and ran to meet another guy.

Guy looked at the clock on the wall of the pub.

Maybe his watch was wrong.

It wasn't.

The clocks' hands now showed eight o'clock.

So this was it.

He was being stood up by a computer date.

"How ridiculous," he thought to himself, "How did I get to be so pathetic?"

Guy turned around and started walking back to the studio.

He would go there and play some music to make the pain and embarrassment go away.

Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Part 1

Chris woke up. He slowly opened his eyes to reveal the bedroom that he slept in every night. There was nothing unusual about the room. Everything was in its right place. As he got himself out of bed, dressed, and prepared his breakfast, though, Chris couldn't shake off the feeling that something had happened.

Something significant had changed in his life, yet he wasn't sure how or when. He guessed that it had probably occurred the previous night, but he had no recollection of what went on. He went through a list of possibilities, and decided that it wasn't anything physical. He wasn't harmed in any way, and he certainly hadn't harmed anyone else. Not physically.

Maybe that was it. Maybe he'd done something stupid for the umpteenth time, and someone finally got fed up with him. Chris stared at his bowl of cereal, the flakes rapidly becoming soggy in the cold milk. He shook his head. No, that wasn't it. Not that it was impossible, he just felt that the change in his life was a happy one. One that didn't involve anyone getting hurt.

But what exactly could have changed? And how? And why? Chris stirred the cereal with the spoon, but didn't eat yet. There were too many questions that needed answers. Plus, he was feeling a bit queasy. Nauseous, but he wasn't sick. It felt more like... butterflies. Like he was nervous or something.

The feeling was starting to make him uncomfortable. His main problem was that he could not, no matter how hard he thought, figure out what had happened. He could remember everything that happened up until he went to bed, so he was confused as to when the change occurred. Surely he'd have known if he was conscious, so he began to toy with the idea that maybe he'd been asleep when whatever happened happened. Did he sleepwalk? Sleep... call someone?

He was certain now that it involved another person. He wasn't sure who, but at that moment he just wanted to know the how part. If he'd called someone when he was asleep... but that couldn't happen. He had never once in his life sleepwalked or anything close to that, why would he start now? Then again, it had to have happened while he was sleeping, there was no other time it could have.

Lifting up a spoonful of cereal, then dropping it back into the bowl, Chris found his answer. He did indeed remember clearly the events of the previous night while he was conscious. This life-changing even did indeed happen while he was asleep. It was a dream. A dream that made him feel a bit sick, though not entirely in a bad way.

But he couldn't remember the dream.

A Sequel to Side Effects

Violent Waters

The knob took a little extra force to turn, which was hard for me to apply in my weakened condition. But I sighed and jerked it a little extra hard, and finally it turned and the door swung open. I took off my sunglasses as the darkness and cold air hit me hard in the face. It took my eyes a moment to adjust to my surroundings, and I coughed as the distinct scent of marijuana tickled my throat. “Hey, Guy?”

“Yeah. How’d you guess?”

“Hi!” Jeremy called, appearing from the back of the bar. He had a bottle of Bailey’s in his hand, which he stared at blankly for a moment before placing it on the counter. “Dude, I’ve been waiting for you to come back!” He stumbled over to me, and I clenched my teeth in discomfort and he threw an arm around my neck. Jeremy was harmless, but I couldn’t stand the way he smelled. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much,” I muttered, shrugging. “I mean, the band’s doing great.”

“That’s awesome. Is Chris still freaking out?”

“He always does that, really...” I laughed. “But...listen...do you have it?”

He rolled his eyes and grinned, baring his yellow teeth. “Of course I have it, man. I’ve always got it for you.” He hopped back to the bar and pulled open a drawer of the liquor cabinet. He took out a small plastic bag and tossed it to me. It felt strange in the palm of my hand; like I had no business being anywhere near it. It’s just for a while. Nothing bad’s gonna happen. “Man, are you sure about this?” Jeremy asked, leaning against the bar.

“Yeah. Yeah, thanks.” I took a step back, my heart pounding. I just needed to get out of the building and I would be fine. “See you,” I muttered as I stumbled out into the open air. I stared at the plastic bag in my hands and I felt slightly nauseous. Shame was my constant companion. Shame for the rape, and now shame for this. I swallowed the feeling down and shook out one of the small, circular pills. What else could I do? It was the only thing that made me feel any better. I rubbed my forehead and put the pill back into its container. Later. Wait until later.

I put my sunglasses back on and stuffed the bag in my pocket as I made my way down the street.

Part 2

Four hours later, Chris was sat at his piano. He'd gone to the Bakery to work out what his dream had been. He hoped that maybe something in the music would trigger his memory. It hadn't worked yet. He mindlessly stroked the keys, searching for an answer.

Eventually he gave up, and played a song he had written the day before. It was a song about what to do when your best friend eats the last chocolate fudge pop. You can't be mad at him, right, because he's your best friend. On the other hand, fudge pops are delicious and you really wanted the last one. On another hand that you may have if your an alien or something, or perhaps it's not a hand, but your foot, he didn't know you wanted it. The list of conflicting emotions goes on and on.

There was something very comforting and soothing about this song, which Chris found silly. He thought maybe it was because the song distracted him, and allowed him to forget about the strange feelings he had. He was wrong, but naturally he had no idea.

Nearly halfway through the second verse, the door burst open. A brown-haired man rushed into the room and walked over to Chris.

"Hey, Guy," Chris said. "What are you doing here?"

"I have news for you!" Guy exclaimed, smiling widely.

"OK, shoot."

"Someone's got a girlfriend!" The last word struck Chris. Girlfriend. An image briefly flashed in his mind. Two people were sitting by a lake. He couldn't tell who the people were, or where they were besides 'a lake', but he knew the picture was of high importance. "Chris, did you hear me?"

"Huh? Oh... someone's got a girlfriend. Is it you?"

"How'd you guess?" he frowned.

"Why else would you be telling me?"

"Good point," Guy replied.

"So, you've landed yourself a girlfriend, then? Well, congratulations. What does she do, porn or something?"

"No, she does not work in the pornography industry, thank you very much."

"Right, sorry. You're not that kind of guy," Chris retorted.

"No, I am, but she doesn't work in pornos is all. She's a writer, actually."

"A writer?"

"Yeah, she's writing a novel now. Said something about... well, I can't remember."

"What a good boyfriend you are," Chris said. "Wait, why'd you feel the need to come down here to tell me, anyway?"

"I'm just so excited and happy that I wanted to tell everyone I know. I tried calling you, but it just kept ringing, so I figured you were here. And I was right. Why are you here?"

"Distraction," Chris muttered.

"From what?"

"A dream I had."

"Was it a nightmare? Did Jonny eat your ice cream again?"

"Very funny," Chris sarcastically replied. "No, I actually can't remember the dream. But it just... it affected me, you know?"

"Oh, I've had that before. Weird dreams, and they change how you feel about stuff, but they shouldn't 'cause they're not real." Chris thought about the last statement for a few moments. Dreams aren't real, technically, but in a way they are. They're supposed to reflect your inner mind, right? Something had changed deep within Chris, and it spread to the outside without revealing itself entirely. What a jerk.

"Yeah, not real..."

Chapter 6

Searching

Guy was sitting on the floor of the instrument room just slowly picking out notes on his acoustic guitar.

He always played the acoustic guitar when he felt sad or depressed.

The mournful way the notes sounded seemed to give him some comfort.

He hummed a little to himself as he sat there alone, strumming.

"It's so ironic," he thought to himself, " I am a member of this hugely popular band. There are websites devoted to us.There are photos threads and fanfiction threads devoted to us. Why am I sitting alone? Twenty-thousand people a night

worship us at our shows, but not one of them cares who I really am? They talk endlessly about how cute my ass is or how I make a sex-face when I play the bass....yet they think that is all I have to offer."

He hung his head and stopped strumming as tears began to form in his eyes.

Several of the tears fell onto the guitar and slid down it's polished finish, making a little puddle by his leg.

Guy heard the door of the studio open.

"Shit," he said, "Who can that be?"

He quickly wiped his eyes on the tail of his shirt and stood up.

When Chris walked into the room, Guy was pretending to tune the guitar.

"Hey," Chris said, "What are you doing here?'

"Just hanging out. What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I am on my way to a meeting and I forgot some papers," Chris said.

"You are on your way to a meeting on Saturday night?" Guy asked.

And then he laughed at himself.

"Of course, you are," he said to Chris, "You are always working."

"Something the rest of you could stand to do more often," Chris told him, as he gathered up the papers and went out the door.

"God," Guy thought to himself, "Stop feeling so sorry for yourself. He almost caught you."

Suddenly the door swung open again.

Chris came walking in with a confused look on his face.

"Were you supposed to meet somebody somewhere tonight?" he asked.

"Yeah," Guy said, suspiciously, "Why?"

"There was a girl," Chris said, "She gave me......."

Guy threw down the guitar and ran out the door.

He ran into the street and looked both ways.

There was no one there.

He walked back to the door of the studio and leaned on the frame, dejectedly.

"She gave me this note," Chris said, handing Guy a small blue envelope.

"Thanks," Guy said, as he took it.

He opened it and read:

"I went to the pub tonight. I saw you waiting by the tree. I had no idea you were so handsome.

I had no idea you would have such kind and beautiful eyes. I knew that I could not meet you because you would

probably be disappointed.

Remember this:

The wrong of unshapely things is a wrong too great to be told;

I hunger to build them anew and sit on a green knoll apart,

With the earth and the sky and the water, re-made, like a casket of gold

For my dreams of your image that blossoms a rose in the deeps of my heart."

Guy recognized the words as a poem they had discussed.

He said them aloud without needing to read from the note.

Then he just stood in the doorway and stared into the black night.

The End

Part 3

It was real. Maybe not in the real real way, but in the fake real way, if that makes any sense. It did to Chris, and that's all that mattered. He wanted to understand, and he wanted answers. If he came up with a theory that appeared to be oddly twisted to others, but was perfect to him, then he was happy.

Chris had come to several conclusions. The dream had affected him, it involved person or persons unknown, and it was a reflection of his conscious self. He still couldn't remember anything apart from the mysterious lake, but he was determined to find the events and meaning of the dream.

Jonny had invited the other members over to his flat to watch movies and just hang out. Guy and Will declined. Guy had to tend to his new girlfriend, who needed his opinion on everything from what would sound good in her story to how much toothpaste she should use. Will declined simply because he didn't really like movies. Or Jonny's flat. The little, old lady who lived across the hall would always say things to him that he took as a bit creepy and suggestive.

Chris accepted. He had no reason not to.

"Looks like it's just us, then," Jonny said, handing Chris one of the drinks he was holding.

"But that's OK, right?"

"Yeah, we don't need them. They need us."

"'Cause we're the life of the party, me and you."

"Yeah," Jonny laughed. "So, what movie should we watch first?"

"What movies you got?"

"I've got Hot Fuzz, Tomb Raider, National Treasure, the Wedding Singer, and..."

"And?"

"Um, the Little Mermaid."

"The Little Mermaid?" Chris laughed.

"Yeah, I like it well enough," Jonny muttered.

"Put it in."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. Come on, what's wrong with two grown men watching a kid's cartoon movie? Nothing, I think."

"Okay, then. The Little Mermaid it is." He removed the disc from the case, inserted it into the player, and started the movie.

It was an enjoyable evening. The pair sat on the couch, eating popcorn and watching the movie. It wasn't the most exciting night ever, but it was still enjoyable nonetheless. At the part where Arielle finds out that Eric is marrying another woman, Jonny swore he heard sniffing.

"Chris?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"Are you crying?" He turned to Chris. Sure enough, there were a few tears visibly rolling down his cheek.

"No, I've just something in my eye," he lied, wiping his face.

"Yeah, right." Jonny decided to let it go, and returned his attention to the movie. The plot moved forward as it was supposed to, and by the end the sniffing had returned in a much louder fashion.

"Chris, you're crying."

"Well, I can't help it!" he bawled. "It's just such a touching movie. Happy endings always get to me."

"You're lucky you're my best friend," Jonny said. "Otherwise I'd hate you."

The words were echoing in Chris' head. Lucky you're my best friend... you're my best friend... best...

Suddenly, Chris was back at the lake. He was one of the mysterious people sitting on the grass. He frantically tried to identify his companion, but it was no use. The figure was as shadowy as it had been the first time he'd seen the image. The lake was a bit clearer, but it didn't reveal much to Chris.

"-ke up!" Jonny shouted. "Chris, come on, snap out of it!"

Chris was being shaken by Jonny. He jerked back to the dimly lit living room that he had been in moments earlier. Except now he was looking at the ceiling.

"Jesus, man," Jonny said. "Are you OK?"

"Uh... what happened?" Chris asked, blinking a few times.

"I don't know, you were just sitting there, and then you were on the floor. Just like that. It scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry, I... I don't know what came over me. I was, like... I don't know, hallucinating or something."

"Hallucinating?"

"Maybe not. But I was in a dream I had the other night."

"That sounds like hallucinating to me," Jonny said.

"No, I think I'm just starting to remember."

Open Up Your Eyes

Chapter 4

This is ridiculous. Guy tossed and turned in his bed throughout the whole night and he still hadn’t slept for at least a minute. He wasn’t asking for too much. Just some rest.

Finding out that one of your best friends is in love with you can be pretty hard to deal with, especially when your feelings get mixed in the way.

Guy had never imagined that Chris could be in love with him. Come on, if he was in love with someone it had to be Jonny; they were always so close and flirty, even… Of course Chris was always joking about his good looks but that’s just what everyone said, it didn’t mean anything. Well, Guy thought it didn’t mean anything.

And now, in his mind, it meant everything. All these years, those comments and gestures meant everything. The little glances, the smiles, the jokes… He guessed he just thought it was the most natural thing in the world since the whole group did that with each other, including Phil.

But, in all honesty, the truth was he felt affected by this confession not only because of Chris’s feelings but his own. He didn’t feel awkward or worried about Chris; he felt awkward and worried because his own feelings were coming up to the surface.

It all happened a couple of months ago when he was out on a date. The girl was fantastic; gorgeous, smart, funny. But, like usual, he felt no spark, no connection. He had dinner with her and then just left, saying he was tired and had to work early. As he entered his apartment, the guys were all there watching TV.

“What the hell are you guys doing here?” he asked, frowning.

“Jonny’s kitchen is being repainted after the brownies incident.” Will answered not taking his eyes off the small screen.

“And?” Guy pressed, not looking happy.

“Well, it’s smelly and you know… you have the huge water bed here…” Will said, smiling.

“Oh, I knew I was forgetting something.” Jonny said, getting up from the couch and out of the living room, only to stop at the door and look at Guy. “Can we stay over? Please?”

Guy sighed. “Sure. But it’s not gonna be like last time. I don’t want jumping up and down all night! I swear to God, the neighbors were going to call the cops because of your… squealing and stuff…” He said, very much like a father to his kids.

“No worries, man. We just did it because it was the first time. Now, we’re cool.” Jonny said, gesturing to Will to go with him and get ready to sleep. Chris stayed behind, still looking at the television. He was oddly quiet.

“Are you okay? You’re very quiet.” He sat down near to him on the couch and noticed he became fidgety , playing with his hands.

“Nah, I’m fine. What about your, uh…date?” He asked.

“It was fine.” For some reason, he felt like he had to open up. He never did that unless someone insisted but finding Chris this serious and willing to listen was not common so he took the chance. “Sometimes I just wished there was something more. I go out and date but really, it’s worthless. One of these days, I’m gonna give up. If it didn’t happen yet, then I’m never going to find someone that makes my heart race and… someone I love and loves me back.”

“So, you have never been in love before?” Chris asked, incredulously.

Guy thought for a moment. “No.”

They stayed in silence. Guy couldn’t feel more depressed right now. Something was really wrong with him. He tried and tried but there was nothing. He couldn’t even say he got his heart broken because he now started to doubt if he even had one.

He put his head in his hands for a minute, then moved his head and looked sideways at Chris. “What’s it like? To fall in love?”

Chris sighed and thought how to put in words something so indescribable like being in love. He was used to do it in songs but somehow, sitting on a couch near the man he secretly loved was not such an easy thing.

“Do you remember that time we were walking at night, back when we first got together as a band?”

“Yes, Phil asked us to go out and take a walk. We just looked at the sky…” He trailed off, with a dreamy look on his face.

“That was perhaps the first time I realized what it was like to be in love. There was so much stuff in my head, sometimes I felt I couldn’t breathe. That night just made me see things clearer. I realized what it meant for me being in love. I had never felt so alone. I guess, for me, love is a lonely feeling… It’s the knowledge there’s someone that occupies your thoughts night and day and that’s the only company you really have.”

He paused, looking at Guy. He didn’t move a muscle. His face was expressionless and he looked like he had seen Chris for the first time.

“One day, you’ll know what it’s like.”

And he did, at that very moment when Chris’s eyes looked into his own. That was the only thing he could see. And it was all blue.

Next chapter will come soon

Secret's, Lies & Lust XI

"Internal bleeding, what does that mean for Guy?" Gwyneth asked, tears falling down her face.

"He is staying in the operating theatre but I'm telling you this that it doesn't look good, Internal bleeding is very serious! The police will be arriving soon to talk to you!" The doctor replied. "Chin up, we will do are best"

"You are an idiot! Do you know that, Marcus?" Will said, searching the drive for the key to the handcuffs. "Why the hell are you doing this anyway? She doesn't want you! She is going to get married to Guy next week, if I comes out of hospital!"

"Marriage! Is that what she wants, commitment?" Marcus said, thinking.

"Mate, you've got no chance!" Will replied, standing up.

"So, have you found the key?" Marcus asked.

"No"

"What is it that you need to know?" Gwyneth asked, picking herself up as the Police walked towards her. One of the policemen walked up to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Miss Paltrow, I'm sorry about what you are going through but we need to ask you a few questions. Firstly, what happened?" asked the policeman.

"What happened? You want to know? Do you? Well I will tell you! Chris Martin, my bastard of an ex-husband beat Guy to a pulp! Arrest Chris, please and throw away the key!" Gwyneth demanded.

"Jonny, Jonny, Jonny! I'm so sorry for what I said, that I don't care about you,I do! You were the love of my life, you still are!" Chris said, falling beside Jonny's grave, his trousers and shoes covered in mud. Chris laid the flowers he got for Gwyneth beside Jonny's grave, stood back and smiled.

Secret's, Lies & Lust XII

"Mr Chris Martin, is it?" The policeman asked, scribbling the name down in his notebook. "Where does he live?"

"Well If I'm honest, I don't have a clue!" Gwyneth replied, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

"Gwyneth!" a man shouted, walking down to her. It was Chris.

"Chris, what the hell are you doing here?" Gwyneth asked, staring at the man in front of her.

"Is this Mr Chris Martin then, Miss Paltrow?" the policeman asked.

"Yes it is!" Gwyneth replied, smerking.

"Mr Martin, you are under arrest for suspician of assault and attempted murder!" The policeman exclaimed, reaching for his handcuff's and handcuffing Chris.

"What, Guy, is he alright? I didn't hit him that hard!" Chris said, panicking.

"He's got internal bleeding, he could die!" Gwyneth shouted, reaching forward to hit Chris before the other policeman held her back.

"Are you serious? I barely hit him, I barely hit him..." Chris said, modestly, as he was dragged out by one of the policemen.

"I've called a locksmith!" Will said, emerging from Gwyneth's house to meet with Marcus.

"You were a long time in there!" Marcus said, sarcastically.

"I was looking after the kids!" Will said, "Hey, anyway, why do you want to be with Gwyneth so much, she's tied down with two kids!"

"What can I say? I love kids!" Marcus replied, smiling.

"You know what man? You're alright!" Will said, smiling back.

Gwyneth got up from her chair as a Nurse emerged from the Operating theatre.

"How is he?" Gwyneth asked.

"Well the operation is over and he is being taken up to a seperate room where we will be keeping an eye on him!" The nurse replied.

"Can I see him?" Gwyneth asked.

"Of course you can but he will be very tired and, just so you know, he's on a life support machine!"

Open Up Your Eyes

Chapter 5

Guy decided a letter was the better way to describe what he was experiencing at the moment and that way words wouldn’t be as hard to find. Facing Chris was too much right now. He didn’t want to ruin everything they had.

He sat at his desk, looking out the window, observing the city lights in the dark, rainy night. He could hear his own heartbeat, it was so loud in his chest contrasting with the silence of his empty, somber house. Everything about the place depressed him but he guessed he needed the quietness it provided this time.

He grabbed a pen and a sheet of paper and stared at it for a few minutes, trying to form coherent thoughts. There was a reason why Chris was the lyricist. Yet, now he had to put in words what he wanted his friend to know.

Chris,

First of all, I have to say I am sorry. I am sorry for my reaction; I guess shock was the main reason for that. Also, you know I’m not good at producing a proper response in a short amount of time.

I just never would think you would develop such feelings for me. I don’t mean to sound self-deprecating but it’s hard for me to think someone would ever love me the way you seem to do. I guess now that I look back on it, I can see some signs, but I am not known for my sharp perception when it comes to people’s feelings. Then again, there was Jonny as well, who seemed to be your main interest. I guess he’s your best friend but the way you acted around him made me think he was the one you liked the most.

There’s a reason why I’m writing this to you. This is the only way I can tell you, without messing up, that love doesn’t have to be a lonely feeling. In your case, I can guarantee you that. This is my way of telling you I love you too. This isn’t a joke or a mere response to your own confession. It’s what I need to say to you. I guess I had my own fears too because I had realized I was in love with you a couple of months ago, but I never intended on doing what you did. It never crossed my mind that you could feel the same way. And for that, I admire you even more. This isn’t a silly crush or a superficial sensation, even though I only have been aware of it for a few months. It’s just the way I see myself living from now on. Loving you. Now, it’s your choice if that will happen from afar or if there’s a chance for us.

I never thought I would find the person I was looking for my whole life in one of my best friends. I was always sure it would be a woman, I was always sure it would be easy, I was always sure it would be up to me. But I guess that’s pure ingenuity.

As clichéd as it might sound, only time will tell if there’s a possibility of us being together. I just want to make sure we tried.

If you want us to try, please meet me at the beach near my grandmother’s old house on Sunday after the sunset.

When the stars go blue.

Guy

He looked at his letter, not pleased with it but knowing it was exactly what he thought. He had never been a good liar anyway. And now, he didn’t have time to waste, his future depended on that truth. He loved Chris and that was the only thing that mattered.

With that in mind, he sent the letter the next day. For some people, letters were old-fashioned and e-mails was the easiest way, the only way, really. But this was Chris he was addressing. There was no other way. And to do it like this felt right. He remembered his father telling how he used to write to his mother and that was the way their love progressed. Even when they were away from each other because of work or something like that, that was the way they communicated. Through love letters.

There was a poet that said that all love letters are ridiculous and that there’s no one more ridiculous than the person who never wrote ridiculous love letters.

Guy had to agree with that.