✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

||The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 2||CUZ WE IZ COOL

iPsy

To celebrate me being back on Coldplaying :nice: For those of you who've forgotten the first part, it's a few pages back somewhere or other :P

Lost and Found Part 2

(Jonny's POV)

I stared at Chris like he had just grown a second head. Actually, I think that would've been preferable to what was happening here. Cardboard Knight? Oh, God. My bandmate and best friend really is a loony.

I grabbed the cardboard tube he was holding on to and folded it in half. "Chris, where did you get this from?"

"'Tis my sword, you insolent peasant! You broke my sword!"

"Yeah yeah, sword, whateeeeever you say," I muttered to make him shut up. "C'mon, let's go see what kind of mess you made upstairs, seeing as that's undoubtedly where you found the box on your head."

He continued spouting his medieval nonsense about how I was supposedly a lowly peasant and was not allowed to touch a knight of King Arthur's Round Table, etcetera etcetera. I had to get him back to relative normality before the other two got there, otherwise this could escalate into an even worse mess than it already was.

I got Chris to sit down on one of the comfy couches and pulled his "helmet" off.

"Stop! Stop this instant! This is the holy helmet King Arthur of England hath given me, and thy filthy hands hath desecrated it, peasant!!!!"

I'd had enough.

More than enough; I knew this whole thing was just a game to Chris, but I was now officially not amused, pissed off, etcetera etcetera, so I, the normally calm and unruffled Coldplay member, started to shout and swear.

"Damn you Chris! DAMN DAMN DAMN WOULD YOU FUCKING CUT THAT OUT?! YOU ARE CHRISTOPHER ANTHONY JOHN MARTIN IN THE BAND COLDPLAY, YOU'RE THE SINGER DAMNIT! YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND! AND CHRIS, DAMNIT I LOVE YOU AND ALL BUT YOU ARE NOT SOME KNIGHT OF THE FUCKING ROUND TABLE!"

This whole time, he sat there and he just looked at me like I was the crazy one. And then just like that, he stood up, gently set down his cardboart box-helmet and his duct-taped shield and hugged me.

"Alright... what are you doing?"

"I'm hugging you, you dummy."

"I'm afraid to ask, but I will anyway: Why?"

"Do you want the truth or a lie?"

"Wha.... Oh whatever. The truth."

He brought his lips up right next to my ear. "Because, Jonnyboy... because I love you."

And just like that, faster than the speed of light those same lips were pressed to mine.

And the odd thing was (at the time, anyway) I actually liked it. It seemed too perfect; although how or why I still don't know, but I slowly kissed him back until we quick as lightning pulled apart, startled by the sound of Guy and Will's voices floating up the stairs from the studio room.

"Hey, where do you think they went? Normally Jon's sleeping in the chair over there. Chris ain't here either."

"I dunno, but you know what those fangirls say online..."

"And if it were true..."

Their laughter would've bothered me any other time, but I was just too preoccupied to care.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A birthday fanficie for Chrissy on his most special day of the year :vuvuzela:

Blue Icing on Chocolate Cake

What to get? What to get?

That was what they wondered as the 2nd of March approached.

What to do? What to do?

What to give, what buy?

They wondered as shops they wandered by

Where shall it be?

"It's not up to me

I think it shall be up to he!"

"We can't do that"

argued the one with the hat

"It's a surprise for our friend

we can't let on to a trend

leading toward a party!"

"He'll expect it anyway

Cuz we do this on this day

every new year."

Oh dear oh dear

What were they to do?

From the upstairs he snickered

While the other three bickered

He'd been listening all the while

For he had not been idle.

"It's good to see

that they still care about me,

those silly three."

And as the day came

they were still the same

arguing what to do

and they'd argued it through and through

but still with no answer.

They were tired of the banter

so the one with the hat

as stealthy as a cat

went to the store

to buy his present, for

he knew what to get

he was so sure he'd bet

anyone that the recipient would love it.

So when the party came

the recipient was not at all surprised,

(and the bickering was to blame).

And he thought all the presents were great

but it was time for a break

so the one with the hat brought in the cake.

The recipient loved it so much he thought his heart would break.

It had thirty-five candes and in icing, it read

"I love you Chris. Happy Birthday."

the blue popping out on the brown chocolate icing.

"Jonny," said Chris,

"The cake is enticing, but right now

I must give to you, a bow,

for you have outdone yourself this year

because this cake here

has on it what I've always wanted

your love."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS! MAY IT BE THE BEST YOU'VE EVER HAD!

No birthday fic . . . sorry.

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 11

The four ended up in a big, marble white room, and when the Hatter realized where they were, things went from bad to worse.

"You're majesty," the Hatter said on one knee, his hat in his hand, "I'm so sor-"

"Save it, Jon," came the voice, "and I know I needn't ask this, but are you mad?!"

The Hatter laughed and stood, helping the rabbit up, "I would like to apologize for what happened, I was um . . . in a little bit of a daze." The Hatter was blushing and he pulled on his collar, revealing similar red marks to the ones Chris had on his neck.

"I see," the voice said, "however, I thought even you would have the sense to give the girl some socks."

"What? But she-" Jon turned to see Tori, looking around, stunned, and barefoot. "What happened to your socks, child?!"

"Hmm?" Tori turned to the Hatter, and she noticed the man in the white robes, light gray trousers underneath, and an odd, purple lining around his whole outfit. The man's robes were tight around his waist, snitched up by a belt, but they opened up to show the trousers and odd black boots.

"I never thought I'd see the day," the man smiled, rising from his throne, "you're actually here."

"Excuse me?" Tori asked. 

"Have you not told her?!" the man asked, turning to the Hatter. Tori saw something odd on the back of his robes, a desgin that resembled butterfly wings, and they matched the odd purple lining he had around him.

"I was going to, your majesty," the Hatter said, "b-but she was so out of it and I-"

"No excuses," the man said, "if you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself."

"What in the name of God are you talking about?!" Tori snapped.

"Child, I'll make this simple so you can understand," the man said, "I am the rightful ruler of this land, even if there was a sucessor before me, I knew better than he. He is, you guessed it, my older brother, but only by a few months. He has taken what is rightfully mine and has tortured my people, being possessed by, what you might know as the Jabberwoky, but it is actually a dragon-like demon. He thrives on the soul of my sibling, corrupting him more and more daily, making him the evil man he is now."

"You think of me as your Alice, don't you?" Tori cut in.

The man stared at her, and then laughed, "I don't just think you are, dear girl," he said, coming face to face with the girl, "I know you are."

"And you expect me to slay your brother?"

"Goodness, no!!" the man cried, "I expect you to remove the demons hold on him, I expect you to take down the Jabberwoky in him."

"And have you some sort of sword you expect me to use, a vorpal sword?"

"This isn't Carrol's story, child, there is no vorpal sword here," the man moved his robes aside and pulled out a dagger, "this is your weapon."

"A tiny dagger?" Tori asked, taking the knife from the man, "I'm not sure this will do much good."

"You forget, I don't want you to kill the man, I want you to remove the beast that haunts him. He wears the crown that is properly mine, and a ruby necklace. The necklace is what keeps him under the beast's control, his 'heart'." 

"I understand, but why me?"

"You're the only girl, earth or otherwise, who has the balls to face him."

"Excuse me?"

"You may face some scary things, but I'm confident you've delt with a boy hitting on you before."

"WHAT?!"

"Your majesty, if I may," the rabbit stepped in, "she's still new here, her task is still . . . unclear and-"

"Scary? I know, but it's so simple. Get close enough, get the crown, cut off the chain of the necklace, take it from him, and get out and back to me. Simple, no?"

"Easier said than done, sir, even for former pit-pockets such as us," Phil said,

"Pit-pockets?" Tori asked, surprised.

"More than that, former thieves, but I know you lot mean well, that's why I took you into my care," the man said, "and now, I'm asking you to use your old talents to help me restore what is rightfully mine."

Chris' eyes widened and he turned to run, but the Hatter grabbed him, "Oh no you don't!"

"I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT!!" Chris cried, "LET ME GO!! I'M NOT DOING THAT AGAIN, EVER!!"

"Wh-what is going on?!" Tori blurted out, confused and scared.

"They're all former thieves, and your bunny friend there, a pretty good fighter. I took them in and made them new men . . . once they were all men, I mean."

"I think I understand . . ."

"Everyone has their shady past," the man said, walking to the girl, "but sometimes old talents will help in the future."

"What are you, a fortune cookie?!"

The man laughed, "You've got some head on those shoulders!!"

"Uh huh . . . right."

"Name's Will," the man said, "William the White, but a lot of people just call me your majesty."

Hot, hotter, hottest.

wow, sorry for not posting a new chapter for a while but I think you guys will like this one :)

now about this one: DO NOT READ IT WHEN YOU CANNOT SURVIVE BUCKIN

really don't

Jon’s POV

What happened? What did I wrong? His shoulder was so good and soft. I just don’t understand why he walked away, and his eyes looked like they were crying. His eyes are too sweet for carrying tears.

I looked how Chris walked away without looking back. The others, well mostly Guy, Kirby and their friends, looked at me like I did something very bad. I saw him disappear in the dark. Should I go behind him?

While standing up I looked at the campfire where everybody was sitting or standing around. Then I looked to where Chris disappeared and went to there.

Chris was looking at something guessed I because he was standing like a statue against a tree. I slowly walked towards him and tried to see at what he was looking.

“What are you looking at?”

Chris turned around really fast and looked at me like he wanted to punch me. When he recognized me after a few seconds he was still holding my wrists but not as strong as before.

“Jon, you here?”

“Well, I just wanted to know what you’re looking at.”

“I’m looking at you Jonny.” He said smiling.

I looked at him with small amazement.

“But what were you looking at before? When you were standing against that tree.”

“That’s not important. Looking at you is more important than anything else.”

He made his grip on my wrists strong again and came a bit closer.

“Err, Chris what are you doing?”

He hands moved up to my arms and he laid his head on my shoulder.

“Are you OK?” asked I.

“Better than five minutes ago, yes.”

I felt his hands still moving until they were turned around me.

His breathing in my neck was calming and I slowly got my arms also around him. Chris was really close now, I felt how warm his body was and how his lips were touching my skin. It was strange but it felt good, yeah it was a great feeling his lips gave me.

Then suddenly he kissed me. Yes he kissed me, in my neck. So it’s true, he really is gay. But I don’t care about that anymore.

I let my right arm go down and slipped it under his shirt, Chris lifted his head as I did and said: “ I knew you wouldn’t mind about it.”

“Why should I mind about it?” said I kissing him on his soft cheek.

He looked at me with big eyes, smiled then and kissed me on my mouth. I kissed him back. It was an amazing feeling when our lips met and then his tongue entered my mouth. Under his shirt was my hand still touching his warm skin. While his hands pulled me really close to him and then went lower and started playing with my pants. I kept kissing him and got his shirt out. Chris leaned on me but since he got my pants on my ankles I fell backwards with Chris on top of me. I saw some black spots before my eyes and felt how my shirt was pulled over my head and covered my eyes. Then Chris kissed me again and started kissing me in my neck and on my breast. I wanted to get my shirt of my head but when I brought my arms up they were caught and I heard Chris whisper: “you’ll like it more when you can only feel.”

So I putted my arms down and felt how Chris was my whole body.

• 2 weeks later...

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 12:

Once again, forgive any typos:

"Well then, your majesty, it's really cold and-"

"Oh right," said the king, "BRING THE GIRL SOME SHOES!!"

"No need to shout."

"Believe me, there is. It's a big castle."

"Can you please, just explain one thing to me, why do you need me?"

"Like I said before, you're the only girl, earth or otherwise, who has the balls to face him."

"What about the Hatter and Phil and Chris?"

"What about us?" Phil asked, "A bunch of rag-tag thieves who he recognizes almost immediately? Brilliant idea . . ."

"Exactly right," the king said, "they are here to aid you though."

"How so?" Tori asked.

"We get you in, cause a ruckus, and you get the crown and necklace. Easy as pie," the Hatter said.

"I don't like this plan," Chris said, "I know you're intending to-"

"Moving on!" the Hatter interrupted, "it's not as late as I originally thought, Chris, if you wouldn't mind?"

The rabbit frowned and pulled out his pocket watch from his vest, "It's only 12:30."

"Ah, still very early, even after a nap like that? Pity." The Hatter walked over to the king, "I imagine you want us here?"

"Have you got everything?" the king asked.

"Send me back for 20 minutes, tops, and then yes."

"20 minutes," the king said, snapping his fingers, and the Hatter was gone. "Now, as for you lot," he said, turning to the others, "make yourself comfortable, you'll be here for a while."

"Yes sir," the cat smiled, disappearing off to goodness knows where.

"Um ..." Tori said.

"Of course, my dear," the king said, "I swear the service here is so slow. I have to do everything myself." The king snapped his fingers again, socks and shoes fitting themselves comfortably over the girl's bare feet.

"Now, run along," the king said, "Christopher knows these halls very well, he'll be happy to show you around."

"I'll what now?" the rabbit asked.

"Just keep her busy, show her the garden," the king said, "the roses could use someone new to talk to."

"Talk?" Tori asked.

"Yes, they're so cranky lately, a new voice ought to cheer them up."

"They're horrid little things that are never happy," Chris muttered.

The king laughed, "Just like a certain cat, hmm?"

"Exactly."

"Well, I'll leave you be, I must be off. Oh, and before I forget, Tori, is it?" The girl nodded at him, "Be mindful of that dagger, it can do and be more than just what it is."

The king turned on the balls of his feet and walked off, leaving Tori and the rabbit alone in the great room. Chris sighed and took the girl's hand, "C'mon."

"Are we really going to see the roses?" Tori asked.

"The garden, yes, the roses . . . I think we'll pass, pesky things can do all sorts of things to you."

"Like what?"

The rabbit had to think a minute before answering, "Well, remember earlier, when you were smaller?"

"Younger," Tori clarified.

"Younger, that was thanks to an experimental sugar the Hatter made up, you used that instead of the normal stuff. It's got one of the rose's crushed petals in it, which causes that effect. Otherwise, they can shrink you, make you grow, or, usually, they just give you cuts be aide of those damn thornes. And they never shut up, either, their mouths run constantly with chatter."

"I see . . . What about other flowers, like daisies or violets or-"

"Look and see for yourself," Chris said, opening a big gate. The gates swung open with a loud noise, revealing a massive garden full of almost every kind of flower, and then some.

"I'll leave you to explore, just be mindful of the roses."

"I will."

Tori wandered off into the big area, Chris hopping over one of the hedges in the opposite direction. The first thing the girl came across were sleeping flowers, and when she looked closely, they were baby's breath flowers. However, the flowers had faces, and there was a lot of differently colored, sleeping baby's breath flowers. Next were daisies, which were a very nice but quiet flower. Then came the pansies, and the fuchsias, and lots of others that seemed nice enough, so what was wrong with the roses then?

That was when the girl heard a noise, a high yelp from the other side of the garden, "Chris?"

"Get away from me!!" she heard, "Ow!!" There was another yelp, and Tori did recognize the voice as Chris. She ran over toward the direction she'd heard the yelps, and she could hear rustling close by.

"Trying to steal from the king's garden, eh?" she heard, "Filthy freak."

"Leave me alone, I'm here as a guest!" Chris yelled.

Tori climbed the hedge and saw what was going on, Chris was held by the forearms, coiled with spiked vines, roses facing him, "I was just getting a snack!"

"And killing a child of the tree?" the flower asked.

"It's meant to be eaten!"

"Hush!" the flower snapped, extending another vine that scratch the rabbit's cheek.

"Leave him alone!" Tori yelled, jumping from the hedge and in front of the flower.

"Tori, get out of here!" Chris snapped.

"Oh, what's this I sense," said the flower, "you fancy her, don't you?"

"EXCUSE ME?!" the rabbit snapped, moving his arms. His movement was a mistake, the thornes ripped down on his skin and he winced with pain.

"I said let him go!" Tori yelled, taking the dagger out and slicing the vines. The flower hissed and the vines wilted.

"You stupid girl," the flower said, changing from red to green, "you just made a big mistake." The flower had others around it now, and there were multiple vines spreading now, all aimed at Tori.

Chris' eyes widened and he grabbed Tori, jumping out of the way of the thornes. He did get a sharp cut to his back, what little of it was exposed from under his shirt, and the landed hard on the ground.

The rabbit let the girl go and she got to her knees, looking down at the rabbit with concern, "Are you alright?!"

"Fine," the rabbit whined, "just a flesh wound."

Tori laughed, "I'm sure," she helped him up, "how about we getyou foxed up?"

"Sounds fair," Chris said, looking down at his arms, "shit, they did a number on me."

Tori stared at him, she noticed the rabbit had gotten even so slightly shorter, his arms becoming skinnier and the same to the rest of his figure.

"What is- I mean, did that rose-"

"One of them, I guess," Chris said, "Same thing that happened to you, I'm just about . . . well, I can guess what you would see as 17, I'm not saying quiet how long ago that was."

"Uh huh, right," the girl said, "Again, let's get you fixed up."

"Yeah, these are really starting to sting now."

Tori smiled and the rabbit noticed her cheeks were slightly pink, which was strange to him, she'd never done that before. She took his hand and the two went back inside, Chris taking lead as he went down as short way to, what you may call, the infirmary.

"Good god!" someone cried, "what have you done to yourself, dear boy?!"

"Not me, it was the roses," Chris said, "mind giving a rabbit some help though?"

"Of course, of course," the person said, "sit!" The person turned to Tori, "Are you hurt too?"

"Nope," Tori said, "I'm with him."

"Ah, good," the person said, "mind helping me out though? Wash his arms off so I can see where he's been cut?" A cart came by with a pan of water and a cloth, "Please? It'll make my job much easier and faster."

"Uh, sure," Tori said, rolling up her sleeves, "no problem . . ." she turned to Chris, "Who-"

"His name's Chuck, don't worry, he's not mad . . . much."

Tori smiled and the rabbit held out his arms, which were now almost entirely red. Tori was careful with him, just clearing away the blood as best she could, not hurting him anymore than he already was.

"Right, now then," Chuck said, "bandages." The man wrapped the rabbit's arms up and had to find a new bandage for Chris' face, which Tori had missed.

"I'll be right back," Chuck said, "keep your arms still, and you," he said pointing at Tori, "clean him up, you're slacking."

Tori laughed, "He can do his own face, can't he?"

"I said for him not to move his arms, didn't I?"

"Alright, alright." Tori grabbed a fresh cloth and wiped away dirt and blood from the rabbit's cheek, "you okay?"

"For now, fine," Chis said, "thanks."

"Back," Chuck said, holding out a wet pad, "now then, this may sting a bit . . ." He put the pad up to Chris' cheek and the rabbit cringed, it did sting, a lot. Chuck placed a bandage over Chris' cheek and told him to stand up.

"Finally, able to get up and-" the rabbit fell to his knees.

"Just as I thought," Chuck said, "You lost quite a bit of blood, so you'll probably be kind of dizzy and off balance. Get something to eat and a place to rest, you'll be fine soon enough."

Tori bent down and helped Chris up, swinging an arm over her shoulder for him to balance, "Thanks, will do."

"You want me to-" Chuck was about to ask, but the door shut and Tori was out of earshot by that point, "stupid kids."

"You sure you're okay?" Tori asked.

"No, I- I just need to lay down, and like Chuck said, get something to eat."

"Chris!" came a voice, "good lord, what happened to you?!"

"Roses, your majesty, that's why I'm all bandaged up and . . . well, like this."

"I see," the king said, "Come, I have a room not too far where you can rest and I'll have someone bring you something to eat."

"Thank you, your majesty," the rabbit said, trying to stand, but his knees gave again. Tori managed to catch him before he fell flat on his face, and helped him to the room.

"Stay here," the king said, "someone will be along shortly with food and something to drink."

"Again, thank you, your majesty," Chris said with a smile, laying down on the bed.

"Of course, and I will have to do something about those roses."

The king left and Tori sat at the edge of the bed, "Do you want me to leave or-"

"No, stay," Chris said, still smiling.

Tori smiled back and hugged him. The rabbit didn't know what to think for a second, but he managed to get an arm around and hug the girl back. Tori let Chris go and smiled at him, a slight blush resting on here cheeks, and Chris laughed.

"What?" she asked.

"You," the rabbit said, "your all pink, it's cute." The girl's blush deepened, and the rabbit laughed again.

"You sure are in good spirits for having been cut up so bad," Tori said, trying to avoid eye contact now.

"Hey, what's with the look away, huh?" Chris asked, putting a hand on the girl's cheek, "It's not that bad, is it?"

"No, no," Tori said, moving his hand away, "I- I just . . . I'm worried, that's all."

"And?"

"What do you mean 'and?'" The rabbit raised an eyebrow, and he could see the girl's cheeks were red and she was looking down. He put his hand out and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, his hand resting lightly on her cheek, smiling at her.

"You gonna tell me what else?" Tori looked at the rabbit straight in the eye, his bright, blue eyes. He laughed and leaned forward and started nuzzling her, "Well?"

Tori started giggling and Chris started laughing again. Tori calmed down and smiled at the rabbit, who was smiling back. She leaned in and kissed his cheek.

Part 13:

The rabbit's ears went up in surprise, his eyes wide and smile gone. Tori was still smiling but was beat red, and she looked down and looked embarrassed more than happy, "I- I just . . ."

"No, no, it's fine," Chris said, clearing his throat. He could see that Tori was still embarrassed, but he laughed, "Why are you blushing so much, huh?"

"I dunno, I mean-" Chris cut her off, he had his forehead resting on hers. She thought for sure he'd start nuzzling her again, but he didn't. He was smiling, and Tori was still unsure of what was going through his mind, but she closed her eyes for a second. The minute she did she felt Chris' lips brush up against hers, and she pushed him away.

"What?" Chris asked, "I- I'm sorry, I just thought that-"

"No, it's fine, I've just . . . so that rose was right!"

Chris started blushing, "Well, I- I wouldn't say that was 100% but I . . ." he was lost for words and his cheeks were growing redder and redder.

Tori shook her head and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, I didn't think I'd be- well, you know . . ."

"Kissing a rabbit?" Chris asked.

"Kinda."

Chris sank and was redder than Tori was now, "I just thought that-"

Tori hugged him, "Shut up, I'm sorry, okay? I've never kissed a boy before, let alone a rabbit."

Chris looked surprised and pulled away, "Never?!"

"No, not yet anyway." Tori was still red, but she felt butterflies on her stomach now too.

Chris smiled and began nuzzling her again, "May I be the first, then?"

Tori laughed and felt Chris' forehead on hers again. She felt his hands come up and tuck the loose hair behind her ears, and they fell to her sides, the rabbit's arms wrapping around the girl as he moved and pressed his lips up to hers.

Chris let his hands fall as his lips moved away from Tori's. He opened his eyes just when Tori had opened hers, the blush on her cheeks spreading out to the tips of her ears.

Chris smiled at her, "Better?"

Tori smiled at him and laughed, "Yeah."

Chris smiled and hugged her, "Also, you sure you've never kissed a boy before?"

Tori laughed and hugged the rabbit, "Possitive."

"Well then, I have to say, you must be a naturally good kisser."

"I'm what?"

"Are you deaf or something?" the rabbit asked.

"No, I just-" Chris cut her off with another kiss.

"You're a good kisser," he repeated.

Tori couldn't have been redder than she was, and Chris knew where to draw the line, he hugged her again and kissed her cheek.

Tori smiled and hugged the rabbit, looking up at him again. Chris looked confused, but Tori leaned in and kissed him, "Just 'cause I could."

Chris laughed and started nuzzling Tori, and she started giggling again. He loved it, he didn't care if he was older, he seemed younger, and isn't that how it worked?

Chris hugged Tori and fell back onto the pillows, still laughing, "Man . . ."

Tori smiled and wrapped her arms around him, kissing his cheek, "You okay?"

"Feeling fine," the rabbit said, "thanks."

"You don't think the Hatter will be upset, do you?"

"Hmm . . ." Chris had to think about this, he was pretty sure he wouldn't be, but then again, it was the Hatter, "You know, I never really know with that man, he probably won't care. Also, who says he has to know about this, huh?"

"Very true," Tori said with a smile, "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm sure," Chris laughed, "just a little weak, that's all."

"Well, then food and drink should help, no?"

"Absolutely."

That was when there was a knock at the door, "Chris, you alright?"

Tori sat up, recognizing the voice. The rabbit sat up and said for the person to open the door. If you want to get technical, it wasn't really a person, it was Phil, "You alright, man?"

"Just scratched up," Chris said, holding up his arms.

"What in the name of-"

"Roses."

"What'd you do to piss them off?!"

"Took an apple off the tree, that's it!"

"Damn flowers, so over protective. . . . Then again, so are you."

"I am not!" Chris shouted, shooting upright, "You- you're just-!"

"Right?"

Chris was red again, but Tori put a hand on his shoulder. The rabbit sighed and sat back, "Is that all you have to say?"

"No, no, that's it," the cat said, hand on the door. He almost shut it, but he stopped, "By the way, I'm sure the Hatter will be happy to hear about you two."

Chris' eyes widened, "You wouldn't dare!"

The cat smirked, "Try me." The door slammed shut.

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 14:

"Oh, he's so- . . . so-"

"He would," Tori said, hiding her face with her hands, "what were we doing?!"

"You make it seem like we did something much worse than just kiss."

"Chris, the Hatter has a short fuse, doesn't he? He'll freak and-" Chris put his hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Shut up, I'm not going to let him lay a figure on you, and he knows not to. You have got nothing to worry about, he'll be yelling at me anyway."

"Right," Tori said, hugging the rabbit, "I don't want that to happen."

Chris smiled, "I know, but he's mad, so am I. It's just how we work, I suppose."

"What, yelling?"

"What?"

". . . You know, never mind," Tori said, "You want me to go after Phil?"

"Nah, he's bluffing," Chris said, "he does that a lot."

"I can tell . . . he's probably still pissed at me too."

"Probably."

"How do we know he won't tell then?"

"If he does, it's okay. I'm sure it'll be fine."

Tori looked at him with a look of concern and clung to the rabbit, kissing his cheek. Chris smiled and hugged her again, kissing her cheek multiple times. He got her laughing again, and that's what he wanted, to see her smile and laugh.

"Cut it out!" Tori said, pushing the rabbit over. He smiled at her and managed to catch her eye. She hadn't noticed how blue they were, and how innocent he looked. He was a rabbit, a naturally cute animal, very charming and handsome, but protective and short-tempered. Chris was all of that and then some, being mostly human, and he used that to his advantage.

"Never noticed, but your eyes are an odd mix of blue and grey," he said, "It's different. I like it."

Tori started blushing again, "I- I uh . . ."

The rabbit laughed, "Look at you! Red all over again!"

"Stop it!!"

"Why should I?" Chris leaned into her, "I speak the truth."

"You just want more attention."

"So, what's your point?"

Tori laughed and hugged the rabbit, kissing him and feeling his arms wrap around her. She felt him lean back and she lay down next to him, cuddling up to him, a smile on her face. Chris was smiling too, even if he knew it was kind of weird, he didn't care. He managed to take care of her for a while, the kissing and other signs of affections were enough to make him happy.

There was a knock at the door, and Tori shot up right, startling Chris and making him sit up. The girl got up and held the door open, a cart of food and drinks being brought in.

"Here you are," said the person, "enough for you both, I'm sure."

"Thank you," Chris said, "much appreciated."

"Of course." the man turned and went out of the room, and the door was stopped before it shut completely, it was the Hatter.

"Chris, what's Phil been talking about? Have you and Tori-"

"NO!" Chris yelled, "that stupid cat exaggerates."

"Still, we need to talk."

"Fine, speak your mind."

"Alone," the Hatter said.

"If it regards her, then she can stay," Chris said.

"Wha- ugh, fine, but is what Phil's been telling me true?"

"So what if it is? She was just trying to take care of me, and I mean, so what if I did kiss her?"

"Kiss?" the Hatter asked, "I meant your arms, but what're you talking about?"

Chris started blushing and looked like he was going to barf, and Tori sat at the end of the bed, hiding her face in her hands. The Hatter looked at them both, slightly confused, but he eventually put everything together.

The Hatter hugged the rabbit, "I'm not upset or anything, you know? In fact, I have an idea." He let go of the rabbit, kissing his forehead and then getting the girl's attention, "As much as I love Chris and care for him, so long as he's like this . . . I guess I can share. Be gentle with him though, I warn you, he's got a temper."

Tori smiled at the mad man, hugging him as a thank you and then letting him leave. Jon wasn't too thrilled about the whole thing, but being on his best behavior . . . he was hating it. He wished he didn't need to be, but he promised Chris, so there wasn't much he could do. He was a man of his word, even if he was mad.

EDIT - Part 15:

Tori sat at the edge of the bed, swinging her legs slightly, her cheeks bright pink, and she didn't dare look over at the rabbit. She knew he was embarrassed, she could tell by way he kept pulling at the bed sheets, twiddling them in-between his fingers. How that worked, she didn't know, but he was pulling at them lightly, at the very least.

Tori felt a movement on the bed, Chris sat up and hugged her, kissing her cheek, "I guess, since he said so long as I'm like this-"

"Nothing funny, bunny boy," Tori said, still not looking at him.

"Do you honestly think I'm that kind of a guy? Unlike a certain someone I know, I-"

"Shut up, I know who you're talking about, and you shouldn't talk about him like that, especially since you spent the morning snogging with him, and who knows what else."

Chris' eyes widened and he let the girl go, "You- you- I mean . . ."

"You guys are loud."

Chris looked down and blushed a deep red, he didn't think that anyone heard them, but that clearly wasn't the case. He felt the girl's arms around him again.

"You aren't mad or creeped out or anything, right?" he asked.

Tori shrugged, "I've been kissing you, haven't I? Shouldn't that be enough?"

"No."

Tori smiled, letting the rabbit go, "Look, I'm here, I'm hanging out with a bunch of mad men, two of which aren't even really men-"

"Hey!"

"-and I've ended up being told I'm supposed to just get rid of some moron's necklace because I'm the only one who can do it. Also the fact that I've ended up kissing a rabbit before an actual boy, do you think I'm creeped out at all by any of that?"

". . . Yes?"

She laughed again, "Yes and no, I'm weirded out by my situation, yeah, but not by anything else."

"I'm not convinced." Tori rolled her eyes and grabbed Chris' collar, pulling him in and kissing him again, "Alright, you got me."

The girl smiled, still pink, "I'm glad."

"So, when do you think that food's gonna get here, I am actually kinda peckish."

Tori started laughing again, "I dunno, but it's true what they say."

"What's that?"

"Fastest way to a man's heart is his stomach."

"You just said that-"

"Even if he technically be a rabbit."

"That's more like it."

Tori smiled and hugged him again, kissing the rabbit's cheek. Chris smiled and wrapped his arms around the girl, starting to nuzzle her. He could hear Tori giggling again and he didn't stop. He did end up kissing her cheeks a few times, at which point Tori had gotten away from him.

"Cut it out," she yelled, "For someone who needs rest, you sure are energetic."

"I'm a rabbit, what do you expect?" Chris said, "Besides, your laugh's cute." Tori blushed red and smiled, looking away from the rabbit. Chris laughed and hugged her again, kissing her cheek, "Am I making someone red?"

"Christopher," Tori said, her tone flat and unamused.

"Oh, c'mon, admit it, I'm a charmer and know how to get to you."

"So what if you are, bunny boy?"

"Stop calling me that!"

There was a knock at the door, but Chris didn't move, his arms were still around Tori and he was too busy kissing her cheek again to notice that the food and drink had come.

"What have we here?" he heard, recognizing the voice, "I thought I was just guessing before to mess with you, didn't know I was right."

"Phil, I- I- You saw nothing!!" the rabbit squeaked.

"Oh my, what's the matter Chris, puberty?"

"I- I just . . ." 

"I figured, you're pathetic, not a rabbit, but a love sick puppy!"

"Shut it, you loud mouthed excuse for a cat!" Tori snapped.

"I'm still mad at you," Phil said, holding up a hand with claws extended, "don't fuck with me, brat."

"Bring it," the girl said, but Chris put an arm in front of her.

"I don't want you to get hurt," he said, "Phil's all bark and no bite."

"Claw, you moron, not bite," the cat sneered, "but if that's what you'd rather, I can certainly arrange it." The cat hissed, revealing the share canines he had, his pupils thinning out and looking more cat-like than before. No surprise, really.

"H-hey now, let's not do anything stupid," Chris said.

The cat laughed, "Speak for yourself, lover-boy!"

Tori pulled out the dagger and it grew into a sword, "Leave him alone, fight me if you want."

"Oh, how I'd love to!"

"HOW IS THAT DAGGER NOW A FUCKING SWORD?!" Chris screamed, his voice high and cracking.

"STOP!!" came a voice, Jon's voice, "Can't you two call a truce?!"

"I'd love to," the cat sneered, "but this little brat won't listen to me!"

"You were picking on Chris and threatened me!!" Tori snapped.

"Ugh, shut up, both of you," the Hatter said, taking the cat's wrist. He walked forward, and with his free hand, he knocked the sword out of the girl's hand and taking her wrist. He brought the two together, "Shake hands and get over it!"

"Fine," Phil said, retracting his claws and gripping the girl's hand.

"Fine," Tori said, "Truce."

"There, all settled," the Hatter smiled, "Now, come along Phil, we have things to attend to." The Hatter walked out of the room and the cat watched him walk out.

"Aren't you-"

"I'm sorry about before," the cat said, a bright blush on his cheeks, "I tend to lose it when my tail I tugged."

"I understand, sorry for being short," Tori said, smiling at him. Now, even if Phil was taller than Tori, just by a few inches, he was still a cat and the girl reached up, scratching behind his ears.

Phil was surprised at first, but it was his sweet spot, he began purring and he sat down, letting the girl continue.

"A-hem!" Chris coughed, "Jon needed you?"

"The mad man can wait," Phil purred.

"Go to the Hatter," Tori said, pointing to the door.

The cat sighed, "Fine . . ." He vanished and Tori and Chris were left alone again.

"Now then," Tori said, grabbing the pitcher of water, "anything specific you want?"

"There cake on that cart?" Chris asked, trying to see if there was.

Tori laughed and looked, and she did find a couple of slices of what appeared to be strawberry cake. She grabbed both plates, "Tell me these are real strawberries."

The rabbit's ears shot up and his eyes grew wide, "Oh my God."

"What?"

Chris shook his head, "N-nothing, just . . . may I have a slice, please? Either one, I don't care."

"Alright," Tori said, grabbing a couple of forks, "here."

Chris was delighted to have it, he was smiling and began eating right away.  He sat up and his ears went up again with the first bite, letting out a long and contented sigh.

"Do you not get sweets or something?" Tori asked. 

"Just take a bite, you'll understand then. Believe me, this is a real treat, for me or anyone."

"Okay?" Tori said, taking a bite of cake. Her eyes widened and she smiled, it was one of the best things she'd tasted (since being in this strange world, anyway). 

"Isn't it good?" Chris asked, taking another bite, "one of my favorites."

"No offense," the girl said, swallowing the cake, "but I would have thought that it was carrot cake, not strawberry."

"Common stereo-type," Chris said, "very understandable. I'm a herbavor, well, I guess vegetarian when I'm like this, and I don't know why but carrots are just so commonly associated with rabbits!"

Tori shrugged, "Well, you're a rabbit, you should know why, right?"

"I should, but oddly enough, I don't."

"Well, I guess the important part is that the cake is good, right?"

"Agreed," Chris said, taking another bite. 

Tori smiled, she was happy to see the rabbit so happy, even if it was over something silly like cake. He was like a child, but he was cute, so that really didn't matter. The girl scooted herself closer to him and kissed his cheek.

The rabbit stopped and looked at her, and saw that she was smiling. The gears began to turn and Chris had an idea, "You've got a bit of cake on you."

"Where?" Tori asked, looking at her shirt.

"Allow me," Chris said, putting his hand under the girl's chin. She knew what he was doing, and she felt his lips press up to hers. 

Chris lifted away and Tori smiled, "Get it?" The rabbit laughed and put an arm around the girl, "That was so cheesy."

"It worked didn't it?"

Tori smiled and put her head on the rabbit's shoulder, "Yeah."

• 2 weeks later...

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 16:

Chris kissed the girl's forehead and felt her arms around his waist. He was blushing slightly, but he still smiled and stayed where he was, swinging his legs ever so slightly.

Tori sat up after a bit and grabbed her plate, "Shall we?"

"We shall," Chris said, grabbing his cake and finishing up.

Tori was enjoying the cake as well, but Chris was more than half way through his piece, she wasn't even half way through. She was happy to see him eating though, and then getting up, pouring himself a glass of water, bringing over another glass for her.

“Thank you,” the girl said, “you seem to be doing better.”

“I guess so,” the rabbit smiled, “maybe the sugar is what I needed.”

“Yeah, must be,” Tori said, eating another bite of cake.

“You know what? I think it’s a little something else too.”

“And what’s that?” Tori asked.

“What do you think, I already know you’ve figured out what I’m going to say.”

“Please, do continue, I like how cheesy you are.”

Chris sighed, “I’m not trying to be . . .”

“I know, I know,” Tori said, putting an arm around the rabbit’s shoulders.

“I- I’ve never been good with flirting, so, I’m sorry if I seem kinda cheesy.”

“It’s fine,” Tori said, “I think it’s kinda cute.”

Chris started blushing, “I- I . . .”

The girl smiled and hugged him, kissing his cheek, “You what?” Chris hesitated and was lost for words, his cheeks becoming redder and redder, but Tori just smiled and curled into him.

Finally he got himself together and put an arm around the girl, kissing her forehead, “Thanks, for everything.”

Tori smiled and kissed him, which just made the rabbit blush harder to a deep red, but he was smiling. He had a huge grin on his face, and he began cuddling the girl, laughing and nuzzling her. He knew she’d begin to giggle and laugh, which only made him happier. He was glad to be with her, not that Jon didn't treat him well, but Tori was different. There was a knock at the door and the two sat up and the end of the bed, their faces still red.

The door swung open, "Everything okay?" It was none other than the king himself, "I heard there was almost a fight."

"Almost, your majesty," Chris said, "That dagger became a sword and Phil got out his claws and fangs and-"

"So long as there was a resolution?" the king asked, receiving and nod from the rabbit, "Very well then, now, Tori, I need you to come with me."

"B-but I- shouldn't I stay here?" the girl asked.

"What on earth for?" the king asked, then he saw the rabbit's shoulders tense and Tori look down at the floor, and he finally noticed the heavy blush the two had on their cheeks, "Oh."

"Jon already know," Chris said.

"He's not mad?"

"I'm sure he is, but he's be doing something to supress his emotions, I know it."

"Tea?"

"Lots of it, with something added to it, I can tell."

"I see . . ." the king sighed, "Chris, as much as I hate doing this, I do have to talk to Tori, alone. I have much to explain to her."

"I understand," the rabbit said, "I think I can take care of myself."

The king smiled, "I'll give you two a minute," and he walked out the door.

"What's going on?!" Tori asked, confused and slightly worried.

"Relax, Will just has somethings he has to explain to you, and maybe teach you about that dagger."

"But what about you?"

Chris smiled and hugged the girl, kissing her forehead, "I'll be fine, I promise, if anything were to happen, I'm sure Jon would be here in a heartbeat."

"But I-"

"I know, but you need to do what Will asks, he is king, and I said I'll be fine." Tori still had a worried look on her face, but Chris gave her a gentle smile, kissing her and letting her go.

Tori left the room, an upset look on her face, but she was greeted by the gentle smile of the king, "I am sorry to interrupt, you must have finally felt relaxed since you came here."

"Kinda," Tori said.

"Again, I apologize, but you want better reason as to why you're here, don't you?"

"Very much so."

"Well then, where to begin? . . . Ah, I know!" Will snapped his fingers and the two were now in the garden, right by the roses, "allow me to start with this." 

Will strained and his ears became pointed, and the butterfly wings on the back of his robes rose and were attached to his back. Tori stared at him in disbelief, but the king smiled at her.

"I'm not as I appear to be, like that dagger of yours. I'm not a human, and to be honest, I'm not even royal blood. I was found as a baby by the king and his wife, and their very young son, my brother."

"Why are you telling me this?!"

"Just listen, I'll get there. I was abandoned as a baby, and the king found me, I'm a very rare hybrid apparently. Part pixie, part Magician or something. And no, pixies are not just small, little, butterfly-like creatures. 

"Anyway, as time went by, the real prince and I grew up and I was the younger of us. I had these pointed ears and wings for a long time while he was just a normal boy. We got along, but he was jealous of my abilities. And once our parents passed on, they left the crown to me, he was furious. He wandered into the bad part of the woods and that's where the demon comes in. My brother was attacked and then possessed, and soon, he took over.

"I tried to maintain order, tried to work with him in a humane and non-violent way, but my options ran dry, and the only thing I had left was to do some research. I dug through the castle's books and found a book, a very special book, which showed me a prophecy. You were my answer, a girl from the surface, a bit of a tomboy, but still feminine when she needs to be.

"This girl would take down my brother's evil reign, without actually killing him, just the demon. It's bizarre, I know, but I ran out of options, and I hate bringing you down here, but I had nowhere else to turn."

Tori had to think about all this for a second, almost none of it made sense, but then again, not much else in this land did.

"It's still some pretty lame reasoning, but I'm here," the girl said, "and if you need me to help, then okay."

"Its honestly doesn't make much sense to me either," the king admitted, "but one thing that does is that you're not used to fighting, nor do you know all the capabilities of that little dagger. I want you to find out, so-" the king took out a necklace, putting it on and extending his arms. His body was covered by vines and spikes, the roses creating an armor around him, "you have to fight me, and also, remove the necklace without slicing my neck. Ready?"

"WHAT?!" Tori screamed, this all seemed mad to her.

"En garde!" the king yelled, extending a set of vines, slicing the girls cheek. Tori lost balance and took a minute to stand back up, her hand on her cheek and the dagger in her hand.

"What are you waiting for?" Will asked, "Fight back!"

"Gladly!" the girl yelled, the dagger now a sword, and aimed right at the king.

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 17:

"What is Will doing?" Phil asked, looking outside to see the king and Tori in the garden, something surrounding them.

"Time shield," the Hatter said, "My guess is that he's training Tori for when she has to kill that demon, and showing off how powerful his hybridness is."

"That's not a word."

"I'm mad, do you really think I give a shit?"

"What's he doing?!" Chris asked, walking awkwardly out of his room.

"Ah, Chris, you're an adult again, not to mention dizzy," Phil said, "and Will has taken your girlfriend under his wing for a bit of training, literally."

"Oh, lovely," Chris said, "God I hope he's not too hard on her."

"You've gone soft."

"Shut up," the rabbit turned to the mad man, "Is she alright?"

"I'm sure she'll be fine," the Hatter smiled.

". . . Why should I trust you? You're a mad man."

"Ah, true as that may be, a mad man is never wrong."

"What a bunch of bull, especially now that you're supressing your madness with I don't know what, but you aren't yourself, J!"

"I'm doing it because you told me to be on my best behavior, and it's no different than a hyperactive child taking medication to surpress their ADD."

"Taking what to suppress huh?"

"Oh, right, surface stuff, never mind."

"Whatever, I just hope she's okay."

"Bunny boy is in love with a human girl," Phil said, disappearing just before Chris could get at him.

Chris did try to jump at him, falling face first onto the floor, and he was furious. That cat had called him enough names and created enough problems, and he couldn't help his temper. The Hatter helped him up and sat the rabbit up on the windowsill, sitting next to him.

"Chris, calm down, you know he's just trying to get to you," the mad man said, a hand on the rabbit's shoulder.

"It's working!!" Chris yelled, stamping his foot, "I am not in love with her!!"

"Christopher, look me in the eye and say that."

"Jon, don't do this, c'mon, you know I'm-"

"You are, it's written all over your face, liar."

"B-but Jon, I-"

"I don't want to hear it," the Hatter said, "I know it, you know it, and you're in denial."

"What about you?! You know that I still love you, right?"

"I know," the Hatter said, going along with him, "but you haven't really met a girl like Tori before, have you?"

"Well, I mean, I've been around women before and stuff but . . ."

"None of them are like her?"

"As corny as it sounds, yeah."

"The body of a thirty year old, and yet the mind of a teenager," the Hatter said, "which does make sense."

"What do you mean?" the rabbit asked.

"Chris, you know exactly what I'm talking about, as old as you are as a rabbit, your appearance as a human does not match you. For all I know, your pervious look is closer to how old you are as a human."

"And yet I'm still the equivalent of a thirty five year old man as a rabbit?"

"Pretty much, and usually, your intellect matches, but I haven't seen you like this . . . ever."

"What?"

"Cute, cuddly, charming, need I go on?"

"You don't remember the last time I did it, genius. I did it when we met and were getting to know each other."

The Hatter thought for a moment and it finally hit him, "Oh yeah, I remember that now, sorry."

"Of course, now you remember," the rabbit sighed, "I dunno Jon, I just-"

"Look, I hate saying this, but I know that you'll be happy about it. As much as I love you, Tori isn't here forever, I on the other hand . . . well, it feels like I have been. As long as she's here, stay with her."

"But Jon-"

"Take it before I change my mind. I know I said I hate it, but I also hate seeing you so upset. I'll manage, okay?"

The rabbit smiled and hugged the mad man, kissing his cheek, "I love you."

"I know you do," the Hatter said, putting his arm around the rabbit and kissing him, "Mind if I keep you while she's busy?"

"Would I ever say no?" The Hatter laughed and the two ran off.

Despite what it may seem, the Hatter and the king were very close friends and well . . . the mad man did have a room reserved for him, one where no curious cats could get in. And what happened next . . . I think you can all guess.

EDIT - Part 18:

"This is impossible!!" Tori yelled, panting and covered in scratches and dirt, "How do you expect me to-"

"Figure it out!" Will yelled, extending another braid of thorned vines at her. 

Tori slashed at the vines, cutting them before they had the chance to hit her. She was weak, tired, and sick of the training, but she managed to defend herself.

"You're all defense, dear girl! You need to fight back eventually."

"I- I don't want to fight you!!"

"Too bad!" The king charged and rammed the girl in the gut, the rose thorns ripping her shirt and cutting her skin, "You're only going to keep getting hurt if you don't!"

"Please, I want to stop!"

"Do you think a demon will give you a time out?! NO!! And if you don't fight back you'll end up dead!!" 

"You'd kill me training?!"

"If need be."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Tori charged and swung the sword, cutting through the vine armor, "YOU'D BE WILLING TO KILL THE PERSON WHO IS SUPPOSED TO SAVE YOU BEFORE SHE HAS THE CHANCE?!" Each word was another swing and another break, the king managing to not be hit, and he noticed she was working at his neck.

Tori was in his face, dagger under the necklace, "Can we be done now?"

"If you can cut the necklace off, yes, but until then," Will shoved the girl away from him, vines regrowing around the areas where the king's clothes were exposed, "you have to keep fighting."

Tori hesitated, taking in what had just happened, but she took the dagger and started to slash and fight, and Will was more than happy to fight back. 

Now, I won't bore you with the details, but after what felt like an eternity, Tori did manage to get the necklace, and Will decided not to continue with any further training. Tori was pretty beat up, and it was high time for the two to get a drink and something to eat.

Now, just before Will finished his training lesson, Chris and the Hatter had . . . cleaned up, considering the events that had happened just before. A long bath felt relaxing for the two, but Chris had decided to get up and get dressed before the mad man did.

The rabbit had his hair down and the curls were starting to dry. He hadn't completely dressed, his tie hung around his neck and his vest was open. The rabbit decided his hair was dry enough to tie it back, and once he did it was a mistake.

"NOW!!" he heard, and he felt something grab his hair and pull the ribbon back.

"H-hey! Let go!!" Chris yelled, but it was no use. He felt something come down and slice the ponytail off.

"Much better," he heard from behind him, "still got the curls too!"

"Who the hell-" Chris said, feeling the back of his head. He turned and saw three children, pointed ears, wings, and they began giggling, "Your mother put you up to this, didn't she?"

"Sorry, Mr. Rabbit," one of the children said, "mummy's orders."

"Yes, and you three did very well," came another voice, "Honestly Christopher, I don't know why you even had that thing." It was a woman, pointed ears and wings, just like the kids.

"It was something different, your majesty," the rabbit said, "however, I'd appreciate it if you didn't have your children come after me for a hair cut."

The woman laughed, "Yes, well, where's my husband?"

"I think he's in the garden, he's-"

"Right here," the king said, walking into the room.

"DADDY!!" the children cried, gathering around the king.

The family were busy and then Tori came in, scratched and sore, the dagger hanging loosely from her hand.

"Tori!" Chris said, surprised by her apperance. He ran over to her and took the dagger, "What have you been up to?!"

"F- fighting," the girl said, "I'm tired."

"I can imagine," Chris took the girl's hand, "C'mon, let's go."

"Wait," the woman called, "where do you think you're going in that outfit, child?!"

"To bed," Tori muttered, leaning on the rabbit, about ready to fall over.

"Dear, look, she's tired and does need her rest," Will said.

"The minute she gets up, I want her with me, she needs a proper dress!!"

"You do realize she's not from here, at all, and is meant to save us, right?" Chris asked.

"I don't care who she is! She needs a dress!!"

Tori stood up and looked straight at the woman, "Put me in a dress and I swear I will-"

"How dare you speak to me that way!!"

"Why? What's the matter? It's not like you're the queen or anything."

"Actually, I am," the woman said, "and I don't like your attitude."

Tori stared at the queen with wide eyes, "I'm sorry your majesty, but I-"

"Her temper is short, she hates dresses and needs rest," Will cut in, "I'm sure Tori didn't mean to be so snippy, right?"

"Not at all," the girl said.

"See? We'll work this out later, okay? Let her rest."

The queen looked the girl up and down, then sighed, "Alright, fine, but I will have to get you something nicer to wear, even if it's just a new pair of trousers and a plain blouse."

"Thank you," the girl said, "I really am sorry."

"We'll discuss it later, get some rest."

Tori smiled and Chris took her hand, taking her to the room where they were before, "You really do need some sleep, huh?"

"Oh yeah, Will kept me training for what felt like an eternity and-"

"You were only gone for about two hours," Chris said.

"Say what now?"

"Look, I'll explain it later, but you need some rest." 

Tori sat on the bed, flicking off her shoes and laying down, letting out a heavy sigh, "So tired!!"

"Then have a nap!! You haven't really slept since earlier this morning."

"Earlier this morning?!"

"Time is different here, it was really early in the morning when I brought you!"

"Oh, whatever, I just need some sleep." Tori rolled over and curled up, shutting her eyes and trying to sleep. Chris smiled and pulled the covers over the girl, hugging her and kissing her forehead.

Chris left the room, leaving the door ever so slightly open. He was still smiling, he was happy to see Tori was okay, mostly, and that she wasn't in too much trouble with the queen.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive my absence, been quite a while and this chapter may not be a very strong one (or make that much sense) because of that fact. But, moving on, lets get to the story now, hmm?

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 19:

"Mr. Rabbit," Chris heard, "who is that girl?" It was the little voice of the prince, his innocent eyes staring up at the rabbit.

"Well, you know that story your dad keeps telling you and your sisters, about that girl that's coming to save us?" The boy nodded, "That's her."

The prince raised an eyebrow, "Her?"

"Yes sir, problem?"

"No, I just thought it was a story." The little prince vanished, and very shortly after, he could hear him screaming for his father. Chris felt bad, but he had to find out eventually, right?

Tori woke up when she heard the boy scream, "Okay, who in God's name is yelling like a fu-"

"Okay, you're up," Chris said, cutting Tori off, "That was actually the prince, just don't worry about him, he's just a kid."

"What is he, five?"

"More or less," the rabbit said.

Tori took a minute to respond, and after a long pause, she finally said, "You look different."

"I do?" the rabbit asked.

"Yeah, hair cut?"

"Oh, that, it was the prince and his sisters. Their mother told them to, and fankly, I will never understand the queen and her methods, but what she says goes. Whatever works, I guess."

"Huh. Well, it looks nice," the girl said, smiling at the rabbit.

Chris smiled and blushed, "Thanks. Now, weren't you going to have a nap?" 

Tori looked down and blushed slightly, but the rabbit laughed. He put a hand out and tucked some stray hairs behind the girl's ear to get her attention. The girl looked up at him and saw he was smiling. She smiled back at him, making the rabbit laugh again. He leaned in and kissed her forehead.

Tori hugged him, "Why are you so nice to me?"

Chris smiled and hugged her back, "Can't be nice to someone?"

"You know what I mean!"

The rabbit blushed and shrugged, "Dunno. Does it really matter?"

"I guess not."

Chris smiled and began nuzzling the girl, causing her to laugh. Chris worked his way up her neck and kissed her cheek a few times. Tori smiled and kissed his cheek, curling into him and a heavy blush resting on her cheeks.

"C'mon, you're tired," Chris said, "go have a nap and I'll be up to check on you later. Okay?"

Tori yawned and nodded at him with a smile. Chris smiled back at her and nuzzled her one more time before letting her go. He knew she'd be out for a while, so it gave him time to wander and just think.

However, allow me to back up the story a second. It wasn't just the king and the hatter and his friends watching out for Tori, there was one other person who had his eyes on her. In a palace on the other side of the land was the home of William's brother, who did have a look into his brother's home.

"So, he's found her, eh?" The other king whistled and a large, red bird flew in and landed on his arm, "Observe the girl's behavior, all her actions and relations, I want full advantage."

The bird cawwed and flew away, heading straight for Tori and the white king's home. 

The other king smirked, "My poor little brother," he said, sipping from a wine glass, "you will be ready for me, won't you?"

EDIT - Part 20:

Tori was out cold and didn't notice something come into the room, a figure filled the door frame and cast a long shadow into the room. It was a person, the hatter to be exact, and he was just curious as to where the girl had run off to.

"She seems so calm now," he muttered, "Best leave her to sleep." The mad man turned and shut the door, but he heard a moan from inside the room. It was Tori, but she was just turning over and facing the hatter. Her mouth was jaded and she had an arm out and her hand dangled over the edge of the bed.

The mad man smiled and left the door open a crack, letting just a strip of light into the room, and he turned to see Chris standing right in front of him.

The Hatter jumped, "Good God Chris! You scared me!"

"Sorry," the rabbit laughed, "I was just gonna check on Tori, she's been out for a little over an hour."

"I just checked, she's still out."

"Oh, you sure?"

"Possitive, she moaned, rolled over, and fell back to sleep."

"Oh," the rabbit seemed slightly disappointed.

The mad man thought and hugged the rabbit, "how about some tea?"

"You and tea, I swear, I can never pull you away from the thought of that damn kettle," Chris laughed, "but why not?"

The Hatter smiled and walked to the kitchen, the rabbit following not too far behind, and that's when there was a noise from Tori's room. Chris turned, it was just another moan, but the rabbit saw the hatter had stopped.

"Go, just meet me in the kitchen, okay?"

Chris smiled and ran back to the girl's room, opening the door and walking in carefully, trying to not make any noise. He knealt down and saw the girl's eyebrows down and her movements were violent. Chris grabbed her arms and cradled her, kissing her forehead. He felt the girl's arms around him all of a sudden, even though she was still asleep. Chris managed to slip away, Tori's grip was not tight, and he ran back to the hatter.

The Hatter smiled and took the rabbit's hand, kissing his cheek, "You're a teddybear, you know?"

"I'm a softie, okay?" Chris said, blushing slightly.

"I know, just- BIRD!!" the Hatter yelled, seeing the red bird, "Get to Tori, NOW!!" Chris turned and ran off, slamming the door behind him, and waking Tori up. 

"What's going on?!" she yelled.

"SHH, keep quiet and it won't get to you," Chri said, grabbing the girl and holding her close.

"Someone's clingy," Tori said, "but what's-"

"DIE RED BEAST!!" they heard from outside, and then a loud screech. The bird grew in size, ready to take the Hatter out, but it's common knowledge you can't kill a mad man, even with a guillotine, so there's really no point in trying. 

There was loud screech again and then a slashing noise, followed quickly by a splash, and the screech came again, weaker this time, and the two heard the wings beating away.

"AND STAY OUT, YOU BLOODY BIRD!!" the mad man called, opening the door, "Everyone alright?"

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD JUST HAPPENED?!" Tori yelled, and then she saw the talons coming back for a second go at the Hatter. Tori let out a high scream and the Hatter turned and sliced at the beast's foot, and the bird burst into ash.

"Pheonix," the Hatter muttered, "a very odd one, but a spy none-the-less. Everyone okay?"

"I dunno, J," Chris said, looking at Tori. Shed gone plae and was shaking.

"Stay here," the Hatter said, "I'll be back with something to help."

"No opium!!" Chris called, "OR ANY DRUGS!!"

The Hatter was gone and probably didn't hear him, but his attention quickly shifted once he felt the girl's arms wrap tightly around him and that she buried her head into his shoulder.

Chris just rocked slightly, cradling the girl and rubbing the her back, humming a random tune to try and calm her down. That bird was after her, they all knew it, and it can really mess with your head when some crazy monster bird is after you.

"What's going on?!" the rabbit heard, turning to see the king and his family staring at the destruction. 

"Pheonix," Chris said, "a spy from your brother, I'm guessing."

"He knows," Will said, "GUARDS!!" the king was met by 2 men in armor and spears in their arms, "Ready my men, we're going to war."

"War?" the rabbit asked.

"My brother will stop at nothing to make sure he stays on top, including killing anything in his way. You've seen the damage he's caused already, he killed your family, and for all I know, he poisoned our parents' wine so he could rule. He's had it coming, and if it's a war he wants, he'll get one."

"B-but I thought you wanted to avoid this!"

"I did, but I'm a desperate man, Chris. I have nowhere else to turn, that's why Tori's here. He's tried to get rid of her, or at least his lackey did, and that's enough reason for me. He wants to fight, fine, we'll fight!"

The king sped off and Chris could feel Tori's grip tighten, she was scared even more so now, as was he. He just held her and kept rubbing her back, kissing her forehead and trying to comfort her.

The Hatter came back with a tray of teas and treats, "What'd I miss?"

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 21:

"J, I think you needed to be here to-" Chris began, and he swallowed hard, "I-I just-"

"What'd Will say?" the Hatter asked, "Something I ought to know?"

"We're going to war." The rabbit felt Tori's arms tighten around him. He kissed the girl's forehead again, "I know."

The Hatter's eyes widened, he never thought he'd live to see, and fight through, another war. He sighed and took a minute to gather his thoughts, which were limited at the moment. The gears in the Hatter's head were twisting and grinding, and even with some screws loose, the mad man knew he and the others had little to nothing left to do but fight.

"I want to go home," Tori finally said in a weak voice.

"Oh God please don't say that!!" Chris cried, letting the girl go, "We need you, Tori, do you not get that?!"

"Frankly, I'm still half sure why I'm even here!" the girl said, tears swelling in her eyes, "I don't want to end up dead! My family won't know what happened to me and-"

"Stop, both of you, you're acting like children," the Hatter said somlenly.

"I AM A CHILD!!" Tori snapped, "You all keep calling me one, so-"

"So nothing," the mad man said, pouring himself some tea, "We all just need to keep a level head and wait for tomorrow morning, something tells me Will is coming up with some last minute alternative we can use instead of just launching immediately into war, he's good at last minute problem solving."

"You sure, J?" the rabbit asked, "Even Will can't just come up with another way around this."

"Will always comes up with something, and I will happily fight for him, even if I have to turn myself in first to do so."

Chris' eyes widened, "Are you m- . . . daft?!"

"Quite," the Hatter said, "and I'm dead serious. Now shut up and make some tea before the water goes cold."

"Tea? At a time like this?!" Tori barked, "ARE YOU MAD?!"

"What's my name? The what Hatter?"

Tori thought about it and she found what she'd said sound rather ridiculous, "Alright, alright."

The Hatter grabbed a teacup and poured the girl a cup, fixing it for her and everything. He made a cup for Chris and brought the cups over to the two. Tori took a sip and it was nice and sweet, but when she heard the rabbit starting to cough. She turned and saw he was changing back to his teenage body.

The Hatter smiled and got up, "I'll leave you two alone."

Chris grabbed his jacket before he left, "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Relax, I'm making Tori relax a little and letting you have some fun."

"WHAT?!"

"I don't mean like that, you moron." Tori fell over to the rabbit's side, her head on his shoulder, "I see the relaxant has kicked in."

"The what?"

The mad man smiled and reached into his pocket, "This," he pulled out an odd blue powder and blew the handful into the rabbit's face. Chris coughed again and waved a hand in front of him, "I think you both need to chill out and leave the battle plans to the adults."

"Wh- what do you mean by-" Chris fell back, "What did you do to me?!"

"Nothing, nothing my dear boy," the mad man said, turning Chris to lay at the head of the bed, Tori falling next to him, "Surprise takes a lot out of a person, and Tori's had lots of that. Her body is basically . . . 'shutting down' for a while, rebuilding its strength, and there's something us humans have about having something, or someone, by us when that happens."

"So you want me to basically be her teddybear?"

"More or less. Besides, you haven't been sleeping well, my little insomniac."

"Who're you calling little?"

The Hatter laughed and kissed the rabbit's forehead, "Shut up and have a nap, you and her both need one, clear your heads a bit, yeah?"

"I guess," Chris said with a yawn. 

"Get some sleep, okay? Both of you will need it."

"You're just setting me up now, aren't you?"

The Hatter laughed and walked out of the room, leaving the rabbit and the girl alone. Tori was only half awake, and the mad man made a lot of sense, which is strange. He was right, Tori was usually not this tired, but she'd been through a lot in what felt like a short amount of time, so that kind of explained why she was so tired. 

She felt the rabbit roll over and face her, his arm moving and resting at her waist. She was a little surprised by this, but he brought her in close and kissed her forehead, letting his head rest and eyes close. Tori looked up and smiled, squeezing the rabbit and cuddling into him.

"You  heard all of that, didn't you?" she heard him ask. Tori nodded and heard the rabbit laugh, sinking so he was face to face with her, "You're cute." He kissed her and shut his eyes again, trying to get some sleep. He felt Tori kiss his cheek and curl into him again, shutting her eyes and drifting off.

"Alright, so, do we have any plan of attack?" the Hatter asked, strolling into a long corridor to the king, who had a scroll open.

"Trying to avoid it, and I actually think we have a way of avoid a full on war, just a major battle," the king said, "I just don't know if you and your boys can handle it, with Tori I mean."

"Oh, please, she'll be fine," the Hatter said, "she learns quick, and I'm sure if we get captured-"

"That's exactly what you'll be doing."

"Excuse me? Are you finally taking my advice, William?"

The king smiled, "Yes, yes I am; I'm thinking like a mad man."

• 2 weeks later...

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 22:

"So, what's the plan?" the Hatter asked.

"Well," Will said, pointing to the scroll, "you know this scroll very well, and as you can see-" the king went on and on in a way only he and the mad man could understand, the king talked and spoke like his adopted father, something the Hatter loved, and he felt like he was working with him again.

"I admire you, young king," the Hatter said, "Stop hiding, you need all the energy you have, and keeping the human-esque look takes energy. You need to be like your father; a strong general and powerful to boot!!"

"You're off topic," the king said.

"I'm mad," the Hatter said, slapping the king's back. The king shuttered and his ears were pointed again, wings at full extension, and his dirty, short blond hair became white, "I'm allowed."

"I hate it when you do that," the king said.

"Yes, well, there's a reason why you're called 'William the White'."

"Yes, but moving on to more important things-" the king began explaining more and more of which I cannot quite understand nor begin to explain what little I do.

The Hatter and the king did discuss battle plans though, those which could avoid war or, in case it came to that point, a way to fight it. Tori and Chris were both asleep now, an arm around each other, and as for Phil . . . well, the curious cat has managed to escape his curious fate many times, and he was sure to listen in on the King and his looney friend.

"Now, I realize that this may not work out as I wish it to, but no plan is absolutely perfect," Will said.

"But they can be damn close to it," the Hatter said, "You get all this, Phil?"

The Hatter knew he was in the room, and it annoyed the cat to have to reveal himself, "Yeah, yeah, I got it."

The king laughed, "How about some practice? I know you've been working on-"

"Yes, yes, but you know it's very difficult to evaporate that fast."

"Right, but you can do it?"

The cat smirked, "Watch and learn, pixie boy." 

"Alright then," the king snapped his fingers and targets appeared around the room like an obstical course, "I'm waiting."

The cat smirked and extended his claws, moving and beginning to evaporate to each target, slashing everyone down the middle. He moved so quickly he seemed like a blur, and he finished in seconds.

"Takes a lot out of me, you know?" Phil said, panting.

"Excellent job though, I must admit," the Hatter said. 

"Agreed," Will said, removing the torn targets with a small wave of his hand.

"I'm sorry, but man, you're not holding back, are you?" Phil asked.

"Pardon?"

"You look normal, no covering up the wings or change in hair color, you're saving energy?"

"Sort of," the king said, "I admit, it's been a while since I've been normal. Say, where's Tori?"

"She's getting some rest," the Hatter said, "Her and Chris."

"You hate it, don't you Jon?" Phil asked with a smirk.

"Immensely," the Hatter retorted, "He's my rabbit and-"

"Jon, is he not happy?" Will asked.

"Well, yeah, and that's why I'm sharing him."

"More like loaning him out," Phil muttered. The Hatter shot him a sharp, dirty look, which made the cat laugh. He thought he'd won, that's what mattered.

"Jon, breathe, I know you and Chris are . . . well, together, but he's never really been with a girl before. And as happy as he is with you, he may as well be with Tori for a while."

"I guess a break isn't so bad," the Hatter said, "And I'm not worried about him, if anything, I'm worried for Tori."

"What?" the cat and king said together.

"As much as I love that rabbit, I'm not too worried about him, I'm just no good at sharing."

"So why are you worried for Tori? She seems to be happy," Phil said, "why worry?"

The Hatter sighed, "You really don't know rabbits, do you?"

"No, so explain!"

"There's a reason the expression, 'breeding like rabbits' exists."

"Oh, you really don't think Chris would go that far, do you?" the king asked, "He's-"

"He wouldn't normally, but he's a teenage boy now."

"So?"

"William, must I explain this to you?" The king just folded his arms and raised an eyebrow, "Oh good God, he's hormone driven!!" 

"You are just trying to mess with us so you can have Chris all to yourself again," the cat said, "Chris knows his boundaries."

The Hatter laughed, "You may never know, after all, I'm just a mad man, why must anyone take my word for anything?" The mad man walked away, still laughing.

"He's lying, isn't he?" the king asked.

"Big time," the cat replied.

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 23:

Time passed slowly as the king prepared himself for the upcoming fight, the Hatter busy sipping on tea and trying to calm his nerves, also not killing Phil. Phil was busy being a cat, and he'd found himself a nice windowsill to sunbathe on, and soon after he'd found his perch, he fell asleep.

As time passed Chris did eventually awake, and to quite a surprise too. He was a charmer, yes, but when you wake up to find out you're spooning with the girl you'd just met that morning . . . well, things rushed over him and he jumped, falling off of the bed. He fell on his stomach, his pocket watch flying out of his pocket and the sound of glass breaking followed.

The noise woke Tori up and she scrambled to the edge of the bed to see what had happened. She saw the pocket watch first, then looked around, "Chris?"

"Ooooohhhh~" she heard him moan, and then she saw it. The shattered glass was from the small vile which had the same green liquid Phil had, the green one that turned him back to normal. Chris was back to being a normal rabbit.

Tori had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing, she had a hand over her mouth and the rabbit just gave her a strange look. He looked down at himself and let out a high yelp, covering his mouth immediately after, which then made the girl burst out laughing.

"It's not funny," Chris said with a heavy blush.

"I-I'm sorry," Tori said, trying to calm down, "I just didn't think that I'd wake up to see you like that!"

"Yeah, yeah," the rabbit said getting to his feet, "you might wanna get back a second."

"Why?"

"Just do it." Tori sat up and away from the rabbit, watching him run and hop up onto the bed, nearly falling off in the process. He slid across the comforter and was scrambling to get up on the mattress. Tori reached over and grabbed the back of his vest and pulled him up.

"Better?" the girl asked.

"Much," the rabbit replied, straightening out his shirt, "now, are you feeling any better than before?"

"A lot better, thanks."

"Of course," the rabbit smiled, "Now, should we go?"

"Where?"

"Dunno, the garden maybe?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Good, I'm STARVED!" the rabbit said, springing off the bed and hopping to the door.

"Excuse me?" Tori asked, "Why don't you just open that door all by yourself if you're so anxious?"

"Fine," Chris smirked, jumping up and twisting the door handle. He swung back and kicked, opening the door. 

Tori stared in disbelief, but Chris had a smirk on his face, "I'm not totally helpless, now, last one there is a sore loser!!" Chris began hopping away and Tori began running after him, a smile on her face. She raced and didn't quite beat him, just seconds behind, but the rabbit was hopping around, dancing in victory.

"Quit gloating," Tori laughed, opening the gate, "happy now?"

"Very," Chris said, darting off to the vegetable patch, Tori trying to keep up with him.

Chris found the patch and began gnawing on what he knew was good, and what he knew he could, and Tori laughed. He was an animal, after all, but his busy chewing was kinda cute. She felt something poke her shoulder and she turned to see a branch.

It was one of the trees, smiling at her, "I'm willing to share, child, eat," it said. Tori smiled and took the apple, thanking the tree and then she heard screaming. 

The roses had gotten at Chris again, tearing at his small rabbit body and ripping the fabric of his vest and shirt. They had gotten a little of his side, but Tori didn't let them get at him any further. She'd taken the blade to the vines and did get a scratch or two at her ankle, but she got them away from the rabbit. Tori scooped Chris up in her arms and darted back to the castle.

She ran to the room and sat on the bed, looking down at the rabbit in concern, "You okay?"

"Scratched and sore," Chris said, "otherwise, just dandy."

Tori felt the rabbit change back and into his normal self, however, she was startled and let him go. He skid a second and knocked over the tea tray the Hatter had left. Luckily, only one thing left, which was the de-aging powder, and it landed directly on Chris. He was back to his teenage body.

"I'm so sorry!" Tori said, helping him up, "I-I just-"

"I know," Chris said, "You were just surprised, I get it." He looked down and his vest was nearly gone, same with his sleeve, "Well, that sucks."

"Yeah, but, I- I uh . . ."

"Forget about it, I'm fine . . . mostly, and I probably would have fallen over anyway."

"How?"

Chris smiled and hugged the girl, spinning her around, and collapsing on the bed, "I'm a bit of a klutz, I trip over cracks in the sidewalk, don't worry about it." He began nuzzling the girl, which got her to laugh, however, Tori broke away and sat next to him.

"You sure you're not mad? I mean, I-"

Chris put a hand out and tucked her hair behind her ears, resting his hand on her cheek, "I'm positive," he leaned in and kissed her, "That proof enough?"

Tori smiled at him and was blushing, "Sure," she hugged him, "proof enough."

Chris smiled and kissed her forehead, "You okay? I saw the roses got at you too."

"I should be fine, just at the ankles, nothing serious."

"I'm glad, now," the rabbit held out his sleeves, "Wanna help me re-bandage my arms?"

Tori laughed, "I will, I'll go grab Chuck and be right back."

"Tori, just go get the Hatter, please?"

"Why?"

"Just, please, I need to talk to him."

"Alright?"

Chris smiled and hugged her, "Please? It's nothing bad, I just need to know if he's got any news from Will. . . . That, and he can get me a new shirt."

Tori hugged him back and laughed, "Fine, fine," she let him go, "stay put, I'll see if I can find him."

Chris smiled and kissed her, letting the girl go and see if she could find the mad man. The rabbit sighed and fell back onto the bed, "She's too sweet to have to fight."

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO?! Is ANYONE there?! . . . Moving on:

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 24:

Tori went around the castle and it didn't take her long to find the Hatter. He was in the kitchen, putting the kettle on again to begin another hour of tea-and-drugs. It was nothing harmful, just to supress his brain of the damage made from the mercury in the factory from years ago, which is usually irreversible, but the mad man figured out a way to stay sane. It was a very bitter mixture, the tea was just a way to make it slide down easier.

Tori opened the kitchen door and stuck her head in, "Hatter?"

"Ah, Tori, no need to be shy," the mad man said with a smile, "Come, join me for a cuppa, huh?"

"Um, I'd love to, but Chris actually sent me."

"What for?"

"The roses got at him again."

"Was he in normal or human form."

"Pardon?"

"Was he a rabbit or the teenage hybrid you've fallen head-over-heels for?"

Tori blushed and looked down, "Rabbit."

"Ah, so, I'm imagining his torso is all scratched up?"

"Uh, yeah. How'd you-"

"Not the first time this has happened, where is he?"

"Same room."

"Ah, yes, well, the kettle can wait, can't it? Come along." The mad man held the door for the girl and the two headed down the corridor to get to the rabbit.

Tori swung the door open to see Chris removing the last of the bloody arm bandages from before, "Hello J."

"Wow, they got you good, didn't they," the Hatter said, looking at the rabbit's tattered shirt and torso, "how does this keep happening?"

"I told you, those roses hate me, and for no reason too!"

"Well, not too much we can do about that, now can we? Now, vest, shirt, off."

"Jon, are you sure you-"

"I'm positive of what I'm doing," the mad man said, taking off his hat and holding the opening to the table. He tapped the back and out came the supplies Tori had seen before with Chuck. There was the dish with water, towels, bandages, everything. The Hatter moved his hat to the other side and hit it a few more times, producing a sewing machine, tons of thread, fabric, and on the last hit, out came a flat metal bottom with part of a rod sticking out.

"Tori, would you mind?" the mad man asked, gesturing to the platform.

"Um . . . what is it?"

"You'll see, just tug and set it up, please?"

"Alright," the girl said, getting a grip and giving a solid tug. Whatever it was it was big. She tugged again and it popped out, a standing manikin with pins in the shoulders.  It was made of a flesh tone cloth, the stitching very well done, and it had a mirror in the middle of it.

"Why with the mirror?" Tori asked.

"Gotta use it for more than one person, don't I?" the mad man answered, "That mirror allows for the dummy to change size and match the measurements I need to make."

"How?"

"It just does," the Hatter said, "now, be a dear and rebandage Chris while I work on a new shirt and vest, please?"

"Excuse me?" Chris cut in, "Don't I get a say in any of this? Where's Chuck?"

"God knows," the mad man said, pulling out the white material and stretching it to match the measurements he needed, "Are you afraid of taking your shirt off or something?"

"Well, no, but I-"

"Don't tell me, it's because of Tori?"

"Pardon?" the girl asked, she'd been day-dreaming.

"Are you deaf?" the Hatter asked.

"No," Tori said, "I zoned out, sorry."

"Right, well," the Hatter got up and walked over to the rabbit, "since you're being a giant chicken . . ." He took the collar of the rabbit's shirt and ripped down, the buttons popping off and flying onto the floor. The mad man grabbed the back of the vest, coiling his fingers in the rips to remove the tattered fabric of the shirt in one swing back. He took his free arm and swung at the rabbit's back, hitting just above the tail and causing the poor boy to yelp.

"What was that for?!" Chris snapped.

"Keep you still, also," the Hatter held up the torn white and black fabric, "I win, plus, you forgot to take off your tie."

The rabbit looked down and saw his tie still hung around his neck, not another scrap of fabric to cover his upper body, and he heard Tori trying not to laugh at him. He blushed a deep red and undid the tie and handed it to the mad man, "Hope you're happy, embarrassing me like this."

"I try," the Hatter laughed, "Tori, would you tend to his wounds now, please?"

"Yeah," the girl said, sitting on the bed and grabbing one of the towels. She looked over at the rabbit who was beat red, a sharp look of annoyance and embarrassment hung in a slight frown.

The girl smiled a put a hand on the rabbit's bare shoulder, "I don't see why you're so upset."

Chris turned to her, his eyes staring right through hers, and his expression quickly changed to one of shyness and further embarrassment, "I-I just-"

"Oh for the love of God, stop flirting and mind the scratches!!" the Hatter cut in.

"Jon!!" Chris snapped. Tori grew annoyed and started on the rabbit's sides, something he was not expecting. Now, normally, Chris would have jumped and hopped to the corner of the room, a natural, and admittedly very odd reflex, but he just jumped. The Hatter had managed to cut off all body movement from the waist down, a common pressure point to hit for a rabbit.

"Are you okay?" Tori asked.

"Dandy," Chris said, avoiding eye contact.

"He'll come 'round in about ten, fifteen minute's time," the Hatter said, "do you know nothing about pressure points?"

"No, because I've never had to use them, ever," the girl said.

"Pity," the Hatter said, "useful knowledge when caught in a fight, you know? Even if it's now illegal."

"That's only if you follow regulation," Chris said, "no one does."

"How do you know?" Tori asked. 

"I used to fight, a lot," Chris said, "I don't like to talk about it."

"One of the smallest and toughest there was," the Hatter chimed.

"Jon, please, not now."

"I'm just saying," the mad man pushed pins into the fabric to being work on a new shirt, "you were one hell of a challenge."

"Yeah, then you-" the rabbit let out a small squeak, "Tori, easy on the back, please?"

"Sorry," the girl said, "I barely even touched you." She looked down and saw there were some small thorns still stuck in the rabbit's back, "This might hurt . . ."

"Why, what are you do-" Tori pulled a thorn and the rabbit winced. There were only a few there, but it still hurt, each one was a sharp pain that burned after. Tori finished up soon after, allowing the rabbit to get his stomach and arms.

"J, bandages?" Chris asked.

"Ah, yes, the mad man said, "hold on." He walked over to the bedside table and grabbed the small wheel of bandage. The mad man stood the rabbit up right and tied a small ring around his hips. He walked to the other end of the room, a trail of material following him.

"What on earth are you doing?" Tori asked, incredibly confused.

"Just watch," the Hatter smirked, pulling the strand of bandaging back sharply. It started spinning around Chris's torso, but it took the rabbit with it, spinning up to the Hatter. 

The bandages were coiled around the rabbit's entire upper body, cutting off at the armpit.

"I hate it when you do that," the rabbit said, looking slightly nauseated.

"Works faster than the other method, doesn't it?" the Hatter asked, securing the material to make sure it would stay. The mad man propped the rabbit back on the bed and went back to work on the new shirt and vest. 

"You going to be okay?" Tori asked, trying, again, not to laugh.

"Probably, just a little dizzy. Uh . . . would you mind?" he said, holding out his arm.

Tori smiled and grabbed the bandaging, starting at Chris's palm and around the thumb, wrapping it around his forearm. She repeated the process for his other arm.

"Why'd you go around my hands?" the rabbit asked.

"Make sure everything stays together, I saw the bandages starting to fray around your wrists. Plus, it looks cooler."

The rabbit laughed, looking at the bandages to make sure everything was okay. He did have some minor nicks on his shoulder, but they weren't a big concern. 

Chris put his hands back on the bed and swung a leg foreword, "Hallelujah, I can move!"

"Doesn't mean you're going to," the Hatter said, "Not without this anyway." The Hatter tossed Chris a new shirt and the tie, "The queen would have my head if she saw you running around with just those bandages covering you up."

"Thank God for clothes," the rabbit said with a smile, quickly sliding the new shirt over his arms and buttoning up. He had the tie . . . well, tied, but loosely so that it just hung around his neck. 

Tori got an idea and opened the door, "Well, now that you're all better . . . bet ya you can't catch me!" The girl ran off and the rabbit looked confused.

"What are you waiting for?" The Hatter asked, "Get her!"

"Why?" Chris asked.

"Are you really that dense?" The rabbit stared blankly at the mad man, who, how do you kids say it? Face-palmed and sighed heavily, "It's a game."

The rabbit's ears perked up and he smiled, bolting out the door with a strong hop, chasing after Tori.

• 2 weeks later...

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 25:

Forgive any typos, moving on:

Tori ran with some pretty impressive speed, but Chris, having such strong legs and a better knowledge of the castle, managed to catch up pretty quickly. He was right on her tail in two minutes, flat.

Chris saw where Tori was going, a dead end, he had her cornered. He took one solid bound forward and grabbed the girl around the waist, spinning around and sliding into the wall. He winced, his back still hurt. He slid to the floor to catch his breath, taking Tori with him.

"You okay?" Tori asked, calming down from laughing.

"Fine," Chris said, "but you're fast!"

"You caught up to me in no time at all!!"

"I know the castle, plus, we rabbits tend not to run quite the same as a person would."

"Oh?"

"It's a jumping kind of skid across the floor, it's much easier and faster than just running."

"Or it's just that you've been doing it forever."

"True, very true," the rabbit laughed. 

"So, uh, you gonna let me go or . . .?"

"You know, no," the rabbit said, tightening his grip slightly, nuzzling the girl from behind, "I'm not."

He could hear her start giggling again, something he'd quickly grew to love. Tori squirmed to get away, but Chris's hold was strong, so she gave in and leaned back into him.

"I don't want to face tomorrow," Tori said.

Chris sighed and took the gril's hands, "I know, I don't want to either. It's a day everyone has feared would come." 

Tori took her opportunity to get up, "I kinda guessed," she reached her hand down, "Now, are you coming or what?"

"Where?" Chris asked, taking the girl's hand.

"Just out to explore a bit, why not right?"

"I guess, not too much to see."

"I'm new here, remember?"

"Alright, alright."

Tori smiled and hugged the rabbit. Chris smiled and hugged her back, kissing her forehead. Tori looked up and kissed him, "On second thought, do you just want to lay low for a bit, I mean, you're still kinda beat from earlier."

"Bah, just a couple hundred scratches," Chris said, "I'm fine."

"You exaggerate," Tori laughed, "but you sure you'll be okay?"

Chris smiled and laced his fingers through Tori's, leaning in and kissing her, "Positive."

Tori laughed and kissed him again, her arms wrapped around his waist. Chris did not object, they were in a pretty quiet corner of the castle, no one would really notice them if they came by, and his mind shut down. His hands were holding Tori's head up, keeping their lips pressed together for quite a bit longer than usual.

Tori broke away and let out a slight laugh, "Someone's being impatient."

Chris laughed, "Can't help it." He brought her in and kissed her again, "What was that about laying low again?"

"No take backs, bunny boy," Tori said. She heard the rabbit sigh and his arms dropped around her shoulders. The gears in her head started turning and she smiled, "If that's how you're going to be-" she grabbed Chris by the collar and started kissing him again.

Chris was enjoying the moment, but he heard someone coming, which made him pull away and his ears were upright. Tori looked at him, concerned, it was odd, but Chris's ears relaxed after a minute and he sighed, "Sorry about that."

"What was that all about?" Tori asked.

"Thought I'd heard someone."

"Fair enough, now," Tori grabbed the rabbit's hand, "are we gonna go or what?"

"O-okay, but I thought-"

"Yeah, yeah, we'll get back to that later," she said, "I wanna go back out in the garden, see what's beyond the hedges.

"Forrest," Chris told her, "nothing really special."

"Does it look like I care?" Tori asked, leading off and headed back to the gate. 

The two went off and it wasn't long before they were back outside. Tori was busy running around and seeing if there was anything to offer, but found not much of interest. Chris was busy trying to not fall over, he wasn't 100 percent yet. He hadn't had a chance to rest like last time, so leaning up against one of the trees was the best he could do to avoid falling flat on his face.

"Alright, I've seen enough, you were right, nothing," Tori said turning to the rabbit, "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Chris said, "and I told you!"

"Whatever, let's just get back inside." Tori started back to the rabbit and was suddenly stopped. The girl fell to the ground, face first. She looked at her ankle and saw it was wrapped up by a vine. Well, it wasn't a vine, it was a branch.

"What the hell?" Tori said, tugging her leg forward and trying to get free.

"Oh no," Chris said, getting up and running for Tori.

He was too late, she was dragged back into the trees, shrieking as she was, and she was soon thrown into the air like some sort of tree plaything.

• 2 weeks later...

In Our Eyes Chapter 5

Yes yes it's finally here xD

My black and white Vans pounded on the sidewalk as I frantically rushed to head to the Bakery to see Chris. He had finished touring and my heart was beating wildly at the thought of us being together even if the time between us would be short. Walking was not an option no matter how much my legs wanted to slow down. Thanks to my nearsightedness, I could see three men entering the Bakery. As I approached closer and closer, the men were Jonny, Will, and Chris! “Chris!” I yelled with whatever remaining strength that I had left. He turned around and looked surprised at my appearance. I stumbled but luckily Chris wrapped his arms around my back and caught me from falling on my face. “I really missed you” I blushed and stared into his ocean blue eyes. They seemed to pop out much more now, maybe because they had felt the thrill of being out on stage. “I missed you as well” He propped me up and let me go.

“You seem really…hyper. I guess the touring went really well!” I laughed.

“Oh it did! It was so crazy, I don’t know if I can try to be normal. Well, I don’t think being normal is or has been a part of my life.” He laughed. I giggled along with him, hearing him laugh was really cute. OK FANGIRL MUCH TAAMEEN? Aigoo, yeah. But come on he’s my boyfriend! He’s sweet, humble, and hyper which is kinda like me since I’m bit of a child at heart. He has so much passion it’s incredible!

“Tell me more!” I pleaded, curious about his rockstar expedition.

“Ah I will later. Wait, Taameen have you heard us play?” The question surprised me, I had occupied myself with other work while Chris was away but I never got to see any clips or DVDs of them performing. I shook my head.

“Well do you want to hear us play?” His eyes gleamed.

“What now?”

“Yeah now!”

“I mean I’d love to but I don’t want to be a bother to you guys now..”

“You think that you’re bother to me? Come on, you mean so much more than that to me.” He took my hands together with his and led them towards his chest. I was stunned and began to blush again. He let go of my hands.

“Ok I guess I’ll let you guys rock my socks off.” I grinned wildly.

“Nah I don’t want to, they’re such cool socks. “ He looked down at my shoes. You could see part of my socks. They were light blue ankle socks with hearts on them and the girls from K-ON!!. God, it took me forever to find those.

“I know right?! Anyways let’s head inside!” I grabbed his hand and pushed my way through the doors. How typical of me, to make such a loud entrance. I let go of Chris and he began to tell the guys what was going to happen. Eventually he found them and they started to huddle up. They broke out of their ring and began going to their places; Guy at the right side with his bass, Jonny at the left, Will framed by his drumset, and Chris seating himself in front of a piano on a bench. He looked at me and beckoned me to come closer to him. I walked over to him and he scooted over to give me some space to sit. I sat down next to him on the bench. Jonny and Guy began to play some chords but for whatever reason Chris seemed fixated on me.

“You cut me down a tree and brought it back to me, and that’s what made me see where I was going wrong.” He was singing! He sung slowly and the words poured out of his mouth like water and his voice was…. crazy beautiful. Slow but soft.

“You put me on a shelf and kept me for yourself, I can only blame myself. You can only blame me.” He added in a lower tone. The music seemed to rise up in something more floral. I guess. “And I could write a song a hundred miles long, well that’s where I belong and you belong with me. And I could write it down or spread it all around. Get lost and then get found or swallowed in the sea.” The emphasis on the words were slow but so mesmerizing.. He was still staring at me and smiling. I smiled at him and looked back at him. “You put me on a line and hung me out to dry and darling that’s when I decide to go see.” Will had joined in with the rest of the group and starting drumming. Chris started to play but still kept his attention on me. I was surprised. He was playing really well. There was such clarity and sincerity in his voice. “You cut me down to size and opened up my eyes, made me realize what I could not see. And I could write a book, the one they’ll say that shook the world and then it took, it took it back from me.” His voice was louder unlike the soft soothing voice that had done the verses. I could see he was playing seriously as well. “And I could write it down or spread it all around. Get lost and then get found and you’ll come back to me, not swallowed in the sea.” Jonny went right into a solo and Guy was doing his thing. Chris took his gaze off of me and stared straight at the piano and played more chords as well. I leaned in to kiss his cheek but as I was about to do it, he turned and caught his lips with mine. I could see a bit of excitement in his eyes like he meant to do it. Well I was pleasantly surprised anyways so his plan worked! Ah it wasn’t for a long time, he broke away to get back into singing. A smile crept upon my face as I watched him do his thing with his band mates.

“And I could write a song a hundred miles long well that’s where I belong and you belong with me. The streets you’re walking on, a thousand houses long. Well that’s where I belong and you belong with me. Ah what good is it live with nothing left to give? Forget, but not forgive.” Those lines were totally true, I felt awakened by them honestly. “Ah the streets you’re walking on, a thousand houses long. Well that’s where I belong and you belong with me.” The music silenced except for Chris’ piano. He started singing softly and looking down at the piano. His face looked very serious “Not swallowed in the sea, you belong with me. Not swallowed in the sea, yeah you belong with me. Not swallowed in the sea.” He stopped played and his serious face quickly lit up.

“So what do you think?” His face was beaming with curiosity.

“I really loved it!” I smiled and curled a bit closer to him. “Your voice is excellent as well.”

“Thanks, wanna go to the terrace?” He took my hand, eager to get away.

“Sure.” We bounded up the stairs excitedly, even if we were just going to the terrace. We reached the top of the stairs and exited out of the dark light and entered the open air. It wasn’t that plain looking, there were potted plants laid around and some white tables and matching red chairs had been placed around. But the view of the other building was nice. And the weather wasn’t horrible. It was clear and breezy. The sky was streaked with orange, purple and pink. A sign of an afternoon turning into evening. Chris grabbed two chairs next to each other. The chairs were close to the rail so one could rest their legs on top of the rail. Something I liked to do quite often. “I’m going to go downstairs and look for some food and drink!” I volunteered. He gave me a thumbs up and I rushed down the stairs with a mission. After raiding the fridge, I balanced a plate of leftover pizza slices and held two cans of ginger ale at my hip. I slowly treaded up the stairs and found Chris lost in the vastness of the sky. He turned and opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but no words came out. He ran downstairs which was weird… I placed the drinks and pizza on the table. I could hear footsteps approaching behind me, I turned and Chris appeared. He held 2 packs of red tea lights wrapped in plastic in his arms and a lighter was on top of the packs. I was stunned. “Some help would be nice, you know?” He asked. I snapped out of my gaze. “Y-Yeah, sure. I’ll take the lighter and one of the packs.” He seemed relieved that I was lightening his load although it wasn’t that heavy. I set the lighter on the table until we needed it and tore open the plastic. I picked up one of the tea lights and brought it closer to my eye. It was a dark cherry red with a strong scent of roses. “And you keep these here? At your work place?” I chuckled and looked at Chris. “Yeah.. for.. power outages.” He grinned right back at me. He ripped open his pack while I started to place the tea lights wherever I saw fit. Chris followed suit and the red tea lights were spread around the terrace.

“Now should I let you have the lighter?” Chris teased and waved the lighter around. “Oh come on. I’m mature enough to handle myself thank you very much.” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Ok here but I am not responsible for the damage.” Chris gave me the lighter. I pulled the trigger and crouched down to the first tea light I would light. I focused the lighter onto the tiny wick and it soon started to burn. I did more until the aroma of roses was noticeable in the air. I put the kitchen lighter down on the table and sat in the chair. I put my feet on the railing and just let them hang there. Chris joined me and held my hand inside his. I felt my heart starting to relax. Everything seemed perfect. This was the sweetest thing anyone had done for me. I rested my head on his shoulder and took in the landscape across of us. Some buildings were lit up.

“You know what?” I asked and took in a deep breath.

“What?”

“I’ve realized some stuff.”

“Tell me.” His head turned away from the landscape and his soft lips kissed my cheek.

“One. I love your voice and I love your music and I want all of your CD’s.” I laughed. Chris was laughing as well.

“Ok done.”

“Deux. This is really romantic and I love this so much.” I hid my head in his chest.

“Anything for you.”

“Thalaatha. I love you a lot.” He kissed my forehead in reply. I snuggled a bit more. Then I made my way up to his face and leaned in for a kiss. His lips met mine and he cradled a side of my face with his left hand. My eyelids drooped slowly and the passion inside of me was overflowing. I could hear little sparks going off inside of me; the feeling was just so unreal. We broke away for a breather and he took his hand away from my face. I went back to leaning on his shoulder and gazed at the skies. The color was much darker; there was less orange and more purple and blue blended together. Some stars could be seen, but what they lacked in numbers they made up in brightness. The rosy scent was so much stronger, maybe it’s bit more effective when love is in the air…

Coldplay in Wonderland

Part 26:

Again, forgive any typos you may find:

Meanwhile, back in the castle, the Hatter went back to sipping on his tea-and-drugs, a necessity to him, especially now. He was more on edge than usual, not just because of the oncoming war, but jealousy as well. He wanted his rabbit back, and now.

"What's wrong, mad man?" Phil asked, appearing in front of the Hatter.

"What do you mean? I'm fine," the Hatter lied.

"Bullsh*t," the cat said, "I know what you're so tense about."

"Aren't you in the same state, on the brink of war and such."

"Please, everyone's upset about that, a lot busier and tensed up. You've got another stick up your ass."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, you're jealous."

The Hatter's grip on his teacup tightened, "What do I have to be jealous of?"

"Is it not obvious?" The Hatter's grip continued to tighten up, the cat heard the porcelain starting to crack. He smirked when he knew he was pushing all the right buttons, "She has a name you know? Tori, she's made Chris happier than you've ever seen him, you can't handle the fact that your bunny is bisexual."

The Hatter's teacup was shaking now, drips slipping out of the newly formed cracks, "I-I can handle that he's happy. He- he's allowed."

"But he's happier with her than with you, or at least that's how it seems," Phil smirked, floating in front of the mad man, finger circaling the top of the breaking teacup, "and it just drives you up the wall, doesn't it?"

The Hatter's cup finally gave, shattering into several shards, falling to the floor and tearing the fabric on the mad man's gloves. Lots of shards found their way into the Hatter's palm as well, and the cat just laughed. He had never seen the Hatter's cheeks grow a deep scarlet with anger, his eyes were just as red, but he enjoyed every bit of it.

The Hatter reached out and pinched the cat's nose as hard as he could, twisting ever so slightly. Now, this may not seem like much, but it was a punishment for Phil, it was a way to cause the cat to lose almost all his abilities, and not to mention cut off breathing. The cat fell onto the table and opened his mouth to scream, but it wasn't Phil's voice, it was a high, shrill one yelling, a girl's voice.

"TORI!!" the Hatter said, letting go of the cat and rushing outside. He rushed out to the tree and rummaged through his hat for a weapon. He found a sword and started swinging at branches. He saw Chris was busy trying to divert the beaches up and out of the way by kicking them, hoping they'd miss Tori, but he was growing tired.

Tori, however, was busy screaming her lungs out in terror. The dagger she had was not in its holster, it had been flung out when she was being dragged.

There was a load roar of a noise and the trees froze, Tori falling through the branches. Chris had fallen as well, but he managed to maneuver out of the way of the branches, landing flat on his feet. Tori followed shortly after him, but the Hatter managed to catch her.

"Shouldn't you be the hero here, Chris?" the mad man asked.

"Shut up, Jon," the rabbit said, falling to his knees. Tori was busy trying not to pass out, but she'd barely had a chance to get herself together. The Hatter had run over to Chris, knowing Tori would be able to stand, but while he was busy with the rabbit, he didn't see Tori being grabbed by some odd figure.

"HEY!!" Chris yelled, seeing the kidnapper out of the corner of his eye. He lunged out of the Hatter's arms and right for the other person, taking them to the ground and pinning them.

"GET OFF YOU LUMMOX!!" the person screamed, struggling to get away.

"Chris, get off," came a voice, "I know who this is and I want them interrogated, GUARDS!!" 

It was Will, dagger in hand and two of his soldiers on either side of him. His men grabbed the kidnapper and walked back to the castle, the Hatter taking Chris and slinging him over his shoulder, "Smooth move with the shake."

"It's a way to make noise and stop the nonsense," Will said, "However, that woman works for my brother, a close friend, actually. She was controlling the trees and was ready to capture Tori, taking her back to my brother to-" there was a loud thud that cut the king off. He turned to see Tori, face down in the dirt.

"Oh shit," the king muttered, "Jon, get Chris back to the medical wing, I'll meet you there and we can re-discuss our plans." Will picked Tori up and the odd designs on the back of his robes sprouted out to be wings. He picked up some momentum and shot off to the castle, the Hatter and Chris taking it much slower back to the infirmary.

"Is- is Tori okay?" Chris managed to say.

"She's gone through quite a bit," the Hatter said, "I honestly can't say."

"How's she gonna manage tomorrow? She's got to do so much more than what Will explained, I mean, doesn't she have to face-"

"SHHH!! You know we can't tell her about that! She'll figure it out though, believe me, she'll be fine . . . I hope," the Hatter said, muttering at the end.

"What do you mean by that?!" Chris snapped.

"Shut up and walk, you're pretty weak, and you know we're gonna need you tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah, I just want her to be okay."

The Hatter sighed, "Me too, Chris, me too."

EDIT - Part 27:

Back in the medical wing, or infirmary, same thing, Chris was back in bed, water and food set out for him to regain his strength, and Tori lay next to him on a new cot. She was still out cold, scratched up a bit, and bruised, but it all left a sinking feeling in Chris' stomach. 

He reached out a hand and grabbed hers, "C'mon, Tori, wake up, please?"

To no one's surprise, he didn't get an answer, but he still squeezed hers in hopes he would. Still, nothing. Chris sighed and got up out of the bed, which he wasn't supposed to, leaning up against the edge of Tori's bed. He was resting his head in one of his arms, his other hand busy holding Tori's.

"C'mon, get up, please? You can't be this beat up already, please, get up." His pleading was ridiculous, even if he knew it was getting him nowhere.

The Hatter walked in and saw what was going on, "Chris, what are you doing out of- . . . Oh."

"I'm worried, J."

The Hatter sighed and walked over to Chris, "I know, so am I."

"Why do you care?"

"Pardon?"

"You're just jealous of her anyway."

The mad man just about lost it, but he sighed and oddly enough brought himself back down from anger, "Look, I may have been at first, okay? I admit it, I was jealous, but that doesn't mean I'm not worried. I saw how happy you were with her, and she's tougher than you think, she'll be fine, I'm sure."

"You're blowing it out your ass," was the rabbit's simple reply.

The Hatter sighed and put a hand on Chris' shoulder, "It's best to keep our heads up, she'll be up and running around soon enough."

"You sure, J?" 

"I'm sure," the Hatter lied, "c'mon, get back in bed, you need some rest too, you know? You've taken quite a beating as well."

"I don't care, I want her to be okay, then you can worry about me."

The Hatter took off his hat and hung his head, "Chris, I know you've gotten quite attached to Tori, but honestly, you'll end up killing yourself if you don't get some rest too. You need to regain your strength and get some blood pumping through your system again."

Chris sighed and shook his head, "It's not that bad, I'll get back in soon enough, I-"

"I know, I know," the Hatter said, "you fallen for her, haven't you?"

Chris laughed, "Love is an awful strong word, especially for having only spent less than a day with her, but if you wanna put it that way, I guess."

The Hatter smiled, "It fits the suit, my dear bunny."

"Can I ask you something, J?"

"Sure, shoot."

"Why would you be jealous of Tori? I still love you and stuff, you know?"

The mad man hesitated, "I- uh- . . . Not now, okay, it was kinda silly for me to even have such crazy thoughts cross my mind."

"You're a mad man, it's perfectly normal for you, and you sure you're okay, you actually seem on your rocker rather than off it."

"I made my tea a bit stronger than usual."

"A bit?"

"A lot."

"Alright, that explains a lot, but you still didn't answer my question."

"I said later," the Hatter said with a stern voice, "Now, I'll leave you two be, but please, for the love of God, get some rest."

Chris nodded and saw the Hatter smile, turning on his heels and starting for the door. He didn't get too far, not even a step, when Chris felt Tori's hand move and snap for the fabric of the Hatter's jacket.

"I'm curious now too, Hatter," the girl said, eyes opening, "you're jealous of me because?"

The Hatter was stunned, he froze where he was, jaw dropped and cheeks burning bright red. Chris was doing his best not to laugh, but he had to cover his mouth to prevent himself from bursting.

Tori sat up, grip still on the back of the Hatter's jacket, "Well?"