✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Belgian music

djibou

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haaaa.A thread about Belgian music.Interesting.Left Belgium when I was 11.Maybe it's time for to learn something about my country....:rolleyes:

:stunned:You moved to canada ! :awesome:

Why ?

And were did you lived in Belgium ?

Can you still speak some dutch ?

where did you live?

:stunned:You moved to canada ! :awesome:

Why ?

And were did you lived in Belgium ?

Can you still speak some dutch ?

I lived in Brussels.

I actually speak French but I used to speak a little bit of Flemish cause I learned it at school.Apparently I was good at it.But then I moved to Germany and everybody told me to just forget about Flemish and concentrate on German.My whole family (except for my parents.They live in France) still live there (Brussels and Namur).I'm actually going in there in three weeks.Last time I was in Europe was more than a year ago.

Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of Belgium...I dunno.It seems like people are so depressed every time I go there (and it rains all the time.And Brussels is not exactly the most beautiful capital in the world).Especially the Wallons.I look at what Flemish people do it terms of architecture/art/design/music/even business and they seem to have a lot of really good and innovative ideas.But all my former friends (french-speaking) they all still live in the same area, teach at the same school they went to and don,t really move around.Is it weird that as a Wallon, I like Flemish people better?

Am I making enemies? ;)

so yeah...that's my little Belgian side

Well,I wanted to study Human Rights and Genocide (Concordia has an Institute + history program.I know, depressing subject) and I wanted to study in English.But England was too close to home so I picked Canada.Might actually move to England in September though

I lived in Brussels.

I actually speak French but I used to speak a little bit of Flemish cause I learned it at school.Apparently I was good at it.But then I moved to Germany and everybody told me to just forget about Flemish and concentrate on German.My whole family (except for my parents.They live in France) still live there (Brussels and Namur).I'm actually going in there in three weeks.Last time I was in Europe was more than a year ago.

Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of Belgium...I dunno.It seems like people are so depressed every time I go there (and it rains all the time.And Brussels is not exactly the most beautiful capital in the world).Especially the Wallons.I look at what Flemish people do it terms of architecture/art/design/music/even business and they seem to have a lot of really good and innovative ideas.But all my former friends (french-speaking) they all still live in the same area, teach at the same school they went to and don,t really move around.Is it weird that as a Wallon, I like Flemish people better?

Am I making enemies? ;)

I thing you're not making enemies !

There are no French - Belgians on this forum :D

Actualy I don't like Wallons to !

What brought you to Canada, if I may ask?

And yeah, I have a thing for the Flemish part of Belgium too, hehe. Ghent is such a beautiful city.

:awesome:

I live very very close to Ghent ! :D

But I don't like Belgium :\ , I don't think their music is that great

I like the UK very much !

It seems such a great country :wacky:

It seems like every Belgian I know on this forum lives close to Ghent :lol: It's my favorite city in the world :wacky: The Gentse Feesten is sooooooooo fun :D

I also like the UK for everything. Belgium and the UK are a bit of a tie for me :P

It seems like every Belgian I know on this forum lives close to Ghent :lol: It's my favorite city in the world :wacky: The Gentse Feesten is sooooooooo fun :D

I also like the UK for everything. Belgium and the UK are a bit of a tie for me :P

I don't live close to Ghent!! I live close to Antwerp:dozey:

Yesss the Gentse Feesten are:awesome: :awesome:

I haven't been to Antwerp :shame: But I swear, I will go the next time I go to Belgium :D

Isn't it the best? :wacky: And I am not talking about the awesome beer that is sold there :wacky: I wish your country would export the Hoegaarden rosé :P

I lived in Brussels.

Am I making enemies? ;)

no you're not making any animies here :P it's just something stupid about Belgium, I don't get it we live in such a smal country and we stil live in conflict with each other, why? I have no idea, maybe because we speak an other language, but still every time I hear BHV (thats what the conflict is all about) I turn of the radio/tv ... I can't listen to it anymore, stupid politicians yelling at each other about something that started almost 10 years ago :dozey:

oh yeah, Jupiler was soo good too :wacky: But the brand of beer that I liked the most (after Hoegaarden rosé) was Kriek :wacky: soooooo good :wacky:

I acutally hated beer before going to Belgium :p

I don't drink beer :lol: and i think I never will :P

I will post some other belgian bands next week :awesome: