✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

blank

Megalomania

Since I don't think Ian cares much for petitions, maybe we should try another route. Maybe we should say how this board has changed our lives. This may seem a bit extreme, but this forum has really done a lot for me.

First of all, it showed me that I was not the only one. I am the only one in my town that likes Coldplay. Even my family hates them. This forum has brought me a sense of closeness with people like me.

Second, I've made so many friends here. I never thought there were so many people out there who had the same interests as me, but there are. I now have friends from all over the world, and all of them are such nice people. I'll miss them all if the rumors are true. :kiss:

Lastly, this is the best place for Coldplay news! I never would have heard about the Laser Coldplay show in my area (which was excellent, btw), Chris and the fence problem, or EMI's problems.

Ian, this is the place to be! 50,000 members should mean something! The website you made has brought 50,000 people who wouldn't have known each other otherwise together! You should be very proud of yourself! And you have run the site excellently too! Apart from those few people you banned, nobody has any complaints against you! When I joined up, I felt proud to be a Coldplayer.

I know several people have been disrespectful to you, but can't we just get over that? Like potholes in the road, you hit them, think "Oh shit I hit a pothole", and then get on with the rest of your drive. So let's continue this forum, please? The past is the past; we can't change it. So let's forgive each other, then forget and move on.

Sincerely,

Christina

A repost:

I'm confused as anything. And panicking, because the very thought of my online home shutting down is terrifying to me. So I'll stay out of it all until I calm down, and I'll just say this in case nothing is here when I come back:

I still think this is the most wonderful board on the internet with some of the most wonderful people I have ever had the honour of knowing. There is a great many of you that I love dearly (although I may never have spoken to you directly as often as I probably should have) and you have change my life and my view of the world over the last few years more than you could possibly realize. I hope we can all stay in touch whatever happens, but I'm bad at staying in touch with people. That's why I use a forum.

I've done the albums of the year for 3 years now. I was really looking forward to the 2010 edition. I can't do it without the people here and without this board. We still haven't heard what happened on the albums of the decade poll, and there are more than 50 contributers who deserve to find out what happened there.

To lose all of this would be to cut the ties that bind a community. There's a beautiful piece of artwork sitting in my room because of this community. (Thanks Aniskywalker) There's a live album I'd lost hope of owning. There's a hundred CD's I might not have gotten into without the people here. When there's an earthquake, my first thought has often been who do I know on the board that was there? Are they OK? This community has been my window to the world.

Ian's put so much into this for so long. I'm grateful, dude. My life would be so different if it wasn't for you. If this place disappears tomorrow, I'll be devastated and confused and hurt, but still grateful. If this panic is all a load of hooey, I think all of this needs to be said because it doesn't get said enough. THANK-YOU!

i was on the official Coldplay forums before and it was so sad when it disappeared (due to people who couldn't remain civil and not be nasty jerks, mind), but i was glad when i decided to start posting here.

i've "met" people who are now my best friends (you know who you are) and i would never have talked to them had it not been for this site.

this past year has been the best year of my life, and i'm pretty sure i owe it all to these forums. :heart:

The past five months I've been on here...have been awesome. I've met some really awesome people. Two or three that I even call my best friends. I don't want it to go away after just five months :bigcry:

I want to have people to experience the exciting things that coldplay brings, like a new album with. I want to participate in all the cool stuff that goes on around here; such as the post cards from far way, thing.

Please don't take these people away from me :cry:

Since I don't think Ian cares much for petitions, maybe we should try another route. Maybe we should say how this board has changed our lives. This may seem a bit extreme, but this forum has really done a lot for me.

First of all, it showed me that I was not the only one. I am the only one in my town that likes Coldplay. Even my family hates them. This forum has brought me a sense of closeness with people like me.

Second, I've made so many friends here. I never thought there were so many people out there who had the same interests as me, but there are. I now have friends from all over the world, and all of them are such nice people. I'll miss them all if the rumors are true. :kiss:

Lastly, this is the best place for Coldplay news! I never would have heard about the Laser Coldplay show in my area (which was excellent, btw), Chris and the fence problem, or EMI's problems.

Ian, this is the place to be! 50,000 members should mean something! The website you made has brought 50,000 people who wouldn't have known each other otherwise together! You should be very proud of yourself! And you have run the site excellently too! Apart from those few people you banned, nobody has any complaints against you! When I joined up, I felt proud to be a Coldplayer.

I know several people have been disrespectful to you, but can't we just get over that? Like potholes in the road, you hit them, think "Oh shit I hit a pothole", and then get on with the rest of your drive. So let's continue this forum, please? The past is the past; we can't change it. So let's forgive each other, then forget and move on.

Sincerely,

Christina

This.

I have spent many wonderful hours on coldplaying.com and want to

THANK YOU IAN FOR RUNNING SUCH A WONDERFUL SITE:

coldplaying.com = coldplayer home

everyone needs to take a chill pill.... Ian hasn't made any decisions nor is there any 'fact' to the 'rumor'.... its still a rumor at this point.

Trust me when I say he knows, as most of us know, how much this forum means to its members. It means the world to him as well... he built this place, and its 10 years worth of love, devotion and time dedicated to making this place what it is today.