✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I want to expand my music horizon!

Koala

Hi! This summer I have to travell in train, so I will listen a lot of music.

I have realised that I always listen the same band and I want to know more new (or old) bands that follow my music "style".

I listen Coldplay, of course, and then usually Travis, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Muse... and then some only songs of other bands like Snow Patrol, RHCP...

Recommend me something!

:)

I consulted http://www.tastekid.com and it says:

Kaiser Chiefs, Keane, The Verve, Kasabian, Stereophonics, Oasis, Blur, Arctic Monkeys, The Kooks, Editors, The Strokes, The Killers, The Fratellis, Jet, Bloc Party, Moby, R.E.M., The Hives, Razorlight, Interpol, Placebo, Damien Rice, Audioslave, Ok Go, The Raconteurs, Weezer, Foo Fighters, Klaxons, The Ting Tings, The Postal Service, Dido, James Blunt.

:thinking:

It's partially because it's based off what people who like the bands you like also listen to., and partially because it kinda sucks.

It angers me that there's a limit to how many artists you can list.

It also angers me that I've already checked out everything it suggests me now.

Makes sense.

I'm not sure she would like the vocals in Mew though, but perhaps.

I suggest Sigur Ros and Sufjan Stevens.

Oh, and maybe she would like The Killers?

Wait Koala, are you a boy or a girl because I don't want to keep calling you she and such if you aren't. :uhoh:

i would advice you to listen the board mixtapes, sure will give you a lot of bands to check. :) or check the albums of the year threads.

you listen music with your ipod or some online software?, if online software you can check the artists you like radio or similar artist (mostly ends being the same thing).

expand your music horizon depend on what you want to, expand it as the usual you listen or very varied. (recently i went to listen from metal and blues to experimental and twee pop), i wonder what this season will bring me to so far seems it'll be jazz.

WOOOOH!!!!!!!!!

That's great! Ok... I will star right now downloading that music....

Well, expand my music horizon... yeah you could think similar style is not a good expansion, but let's start with this. some of the bands you've said are already "mine" :) Keane, the killers, oasis... but I must recognise that I had never heard some of them.

Ohh and Braddock you are a crack! I am a girl XD! (travis male fans....)

one more thing, I started to play the bass about 6 months ago, on my own and I'd love to know bands with a good bass too! ( sorry to ask to much and answer so little)