✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplaying Scrapbook number one failed, go to the new thread if you want to join that one!!!GO!

EmmaLouiseSmyth

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should get an old book, I could probably find a cool one at the antique store, and everyone can just make stuff on top of the pages already inside.

That always looks really cool too if there is text from the book under your art or letter, or whatever you put in it.

That way the book can be fairly small and it won't be too heavy for shipping around and stuff.

The only question I have is, once the book is finished and everyone who wanted to make a page makes a page, who keeps it?

Do we have like a raffle with all the members who participated?

....We should think this through.

I think we should get an old book, I could probably find a cool one at the antique store, and everyone can just make stuff on top of the pages already inside.

That always looks really cool too if there is text from the book under your art or letter, or whatever you put in it.

That way the book can be fairly small and it won't be too heavy for shipping around and stuff.

The only question I have is, once the book is finished and everyone who wanted to make a page makes a page, who keeps it?

Do we have like a raffle with all the members who participated?

....We should think this through.

I'm liking the old book idea, that style is so nice. I wouldn't want just some ugly rainbow scrap book going around :laugh4:

If we are going ahead and you can find one then just do make sure it would be light enough for the costs...you know yourself.

Please don't over think it...we'll just end up not doing it :bigcry:

Anyone have ideas?

a raffle sounds good? :uhoh:

A PRESENT TO COLDPLAY! OMGZ?!?!?!!1

no? ok.

Exactly.

My questions are:

1) What is there to put in the book? A greeting? Pictures from your hometown? A dedicated note to your friends?

2) How long does one keep the book until it is passed off to the next person? Should it get passed from country to country instead for all over to reduce shipping costs? Is it fair for some to look at the book when there are only a few pages filled up and for the next people to have more to look at? Should it be passed around a final time when the book is finished? How long will it all take?

haha. Although I think it would be extraordinarily cool to send the finished book to Coldplay, I feel like we already did something similar when we did the postcards from far away project and they got all those postcards from us.

I think it would be cool as just a coldplaying gift or memorable piece, but I don't know.

I think we leave the pages and creativity up to us!

I think it would be cool to do WHATEVER you want in the book.

If you want to paint a picture or make a page, go ahead.

If you want to glue a cool picture you took, do that, or write a poem or letter.

I think just the fact that every page would be different makes it special.

Exactly.

My questions are:

1) What is there to put in the book? A greeting? Pictures from your hometown? A dedicated note to your friends?

2) How long does one keep the book until it is passed off to the next person? Should it get passed from country to country instead for all over to reduce shipping costs? Is it fair for some to look at the book when there are only a few pages filled up and for the next people to have more to look at? Should it be passed around a final time when the book is finished? How long will it all take?

Anything that would be semi coldplaying related. It would just be a scrap book of all our stuff. A message to friends would be very nice.

I would say 1 week, shorter if they can.

That's a good idea, we can make out a map and chart of the countries it's been to...going from left to right? :awesome:

It could be sent around this chart again in the same order so everyone gets to see the finished product.

I have no idea...possibly very long? :laugh4:

Anything that would be semi coldplaying related. It would just be a scrap book of all our stuff. A message to friends would be very nice.

That's a good idea, we can make out a map and chart of the countries it's been to...going from left to right? :awesome:

It could be sent around this chart again in the same order so everyone gets to see the finished product.

I really like that idea, to show like a journey (I suck at English) of everywhere the book goes.

how about whichever friend or person we make art for or write a letter to, that is the person we mail it to when we're done? Then they can see what we made them, and then they can make a page, maybe on the back of our page we make they can respond to our letter and then the next page is theirs to make for someone else?

...I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas..

Just use a simply world map like this

world_map_gif.gif

And on here ( using msn paint ) people can save the map make a dot with a bright colour where they live and upload it... and then we can make the trail thingy.

To reduce costs.

Maybe a picture of the map could going on the inside cover,

and you mark where you live with a little dot when you get it.

Just use a simply world map like this

world_map_gif.gif

And on here ( using msn paint ) people can save the map make a dot with a bright colour where they live and upload it... and then we can make the trail thingy.

To reduce costs.

Maybe a picture of the map could going on the inside cover,

and you mark where you live with a little dot when you get it.

yeah, thats a good idea.

I think the map should be on the opening page of the book.

:)

And also, I hope it doesn't turn out into a fan girl book filled with a bunch of pictures of Chris, Guy, Jonny, and Will.

That's what this place is for,I think it should be more personal, and not too much coldplay in there...

how about whichever friend or person we make art for or write a letter to, that is the person we mail it to when we're done? Then they can see what we made them, and then they can make a page, maybe on the back of our page we make they can respond to our letter and then the next page is theirs to make for someone else?

...I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas..

please, throw out ideas.

I need your guy's help.

I think with that the costs would be higher..and may end up leaving people feeling excluded ? :uhoh:

yeah, thats a good idea.

I think the map should be on the opening page of the book.

:)

And also, I hope it doesn't turn out into a fan girl book filled with a bunch of pictures of Chris, Guy, Jonny, and Will.

That's what this place is for,I think it should be more personal, and not too much coldplay in there...

oh god yes, like they can be allowed little message that may include talking about them...or doodles.

But pictures of coldplay? NOT IN MY SCRAPBOOK!

or our scrapbook :heart:

:laugh4:

please, throw out ideas.

I need your guy's help.

I think with that the costs would be higher..and may end up leaving people feeling excluded ? :uhoh:

yeah, scratch that idea.

It would be hard too because maybe people would want to write to the same person.

Maybe we don't have to make something "specifically" for anyone.

We could just make something we might want to share with all the coldplayers?..

It could get expensive mailing a book around no?

yeah, we know that Briggins.

I guess it's up to people if they are willing to spend money on shipping because some places might be more expensive to mail to than others...

It could get expensive mailing a book around no?

We're going to try to find a light paper back book

and it's not going to be send very long distances.

So if i had it...i would send it to england, it would be then sent around england..and then maybe on to france or belgium...etc.

It will be just a small bit to each coldplayer.

yeah, scratch that idea.

It would be hard too because maybe people would want to write to the same person.

Maybe we don't have to make something "specifically" for anyone.

We could just make something we might want to share with all the coldplayers?..

I think that would be the best idea,

and i think people should be able to write a bit of their whole message to someone on the board...like a little shout out for them to find in it.