✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Existence or essence

ricardo

So, Does your existence precede your essence, or do you believe it's your essence what matters the most?

Do you think Human beings are predisposed to some decisions, or do you believe we're just predisposed to live and then decide?

So, Does your existence precede your essence, or do you believe it's your essence what matters the most?

Do you think Human beings are predisposed to some decisions, or do you believe we're just predisposed to live and then decide?

I believe essence is what makes you unique and valuable during your existence and hence it's more important. Essence is directly linked with the individual's personality, morals, values, or thoughts; it's the way people perceive and treat you.

Humans have free will, every individual is free to choose whatever decisions he/she wants to do without any barriers. There are factors like money, relationships, religion, environment, that limit how people make their own life choices; but generally, those choices end up being more beneficial than harmful even if you have to sacrifice a great deal of important things in your life during the process.

I believe essence is what makes you unique and valuable during your existence and hence it's more important.
More important to whom? Essense is self-centredly more important to the one, existance is more important to the many. To quote Spock, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one."

More important to whom? Essense is self-centredly more important to the one, existance is more important to the many. To quote Spock, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one."

To yourself of course, but not necessarily.

Think of how competitive the world and society are, people act in different ways all the time in order to achieve something, to be liked, or to be accepted; they're also slightly changing their essence while acting differently.

So generally, your own essence is more important to yourself, but it can be equally important to other people as well.

Without essence, in no way can you help your fellow man.

But essence would be nothing without existence, but an existence without essence is still an existence, quite dull perhaps, but existence at least. You decide what's the esence of your existence, but if you don't exist, essence is worthless.

But essence would be nothing without existence, but an existence without essence is still an existence, quite dull perhaps, but existence at least. You decide what's the esence of your existence, but if you don't exist, essence is worthless.

Well jesus, not like you can fucking pick whether you exist or not! I'm not saying I would pick essence and destroy existence, I'm saying I value what I consider to be my personality over my physical well-being.

Hi!! Interesting thing here... I love filosofia. Well, seeing that I'm not english-tongued I will try to explain mysefl as better as I can.

I've read that some of you said that essence is linked to freedom. Why? Can't the essence of the thing be determined by something out of it or even by itself?

And why can't exist essence without existece? I mean why to exist in here? (I'm not religious or anything like that, just showing some thoughts that have been defended) For example, Platon and his Ideas World (don't know how you said it in English), for religion there's heaven. There the essence could exist but not as a material existence....

Interesting threat anyway.

Well jesus, not like you can fucking pick whether you exist or not! I'm not saying I would pick essence and destroy existence, I'm saying I value what I consider to be my personality over my physical well-being.

But it's your existence that decides your essence, and you can be able to prefer essence over existence because you exist. Seems as a paradox since you can't decide whether you exist or not, but from the single moment you exist, you are doomed to choose.

PS: your avi is awesome haha.

Hi!! Interesting thing here... I love filosofia. Well, seeing that I'm not english-tongued I will try to explain mysefl as better as I can.

I've read that some of you said that essence is linked to freedom. Why? Can't the essence of the thing be determined by something out of it or even by itself?

And why can't exist essence without existece? I mean why to exist in here? (I'm not religious or anything like that, just showing some thoughts that have been defended) For example, Platon and his Ideas World (don't know how you said it in English), for religion there's heaven. There the essence could exist but not as a material existence....

Interesting threat anyway.

Human beings, unlike object and animals, are completely free. Any path we follow is caused by our decisions, even if we don't choose we are choosing. That's make us humans, freedom and imagination, our capacity to create and invent our own existence. We are not a machine that since the moment is conceived it comes with instructions to operate specific actions and will do them no matter the circumstances. We choose the instructions.

But it's your existence that decides your essence, and you can be able to prefer essence over existence because you exist. Seems as a paradox since you can't decide whether you exist or not, but from the single moment you exist, you are doomed to choose.

PS: your avi is awesome haha.

Well, of course your essence is a part of your existence, your personality is neurons firing off in your brain, can't have that without existence can you? So now you're just muddling the definitions. :sad:

and thanks :awesome: