✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fuck sleep habits.

hotdensestate

Mine are so screwed right now, for the past month+ I've had a fairly regular schedule of going to bed at 2 or 3 and getting up at 1 or 1:30... fine, except now I'm trying to get back to sleeping normal. Day before yesterday (or three days ago... that's another thing, I don't know if today counts as, like, today, or a continuation of yesterday at this point anymore) I was exhausted and went to bed at like 11 o'clock, then woke up at 4 following a bad dream, tried to go to sleep for about 45 minutes, then said "fuck it" and stayed up the rest of the day.

Despite being utterly tired I couldn't fall asleep until 3:00 the next day, and so I slept until 1:30 today/yesterday. Cue my dad getting pissed at me for an unrelated reason and ranting to me about how my sleeping habits are fucked. (Which they are) Cue me agreeing with him, then him getting inexplicably more rageful at me. Cue me lying in bed trying to fall asleep for like 30 minutes after that. No dice.

Cue my dad telling me later I need to bring the netbook downstairs for safekeeping overnight at 9:00 pm (perfectly reasonable really I guess). Cue me trying to go to sleep at 8:45 last night. (And succeeding! Woot!)

Cue me waking up at 2:00 and not being able to fall asleep despite trying for about 30 minutes, then trying again at around 4. (EVEN THOUGH I AM TIRED. I AM TIRED BUT CANNOT FALL ASLEEP. WTF SON.) I went downstairs to clean up (my insomnia cure-all) around 5, when my dad often gets up, and he yelled at me for walking around in the morning. (This despite the fact that he is already up and watching the morning news. Illogical dick.) So right now I am just so fucked.

FUCK CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS.

I can already tell I'll be so tired in less than an hour I'll collapse into bed and sleep until 1 again like I always do, therefore sleeping for another 6 or so hours, making my total sleep like 11 hours or something (:blush:), and I'll be back on my regular schedule. Fuck it. Fuckitty fuck fuck it.

Staying up late isn't worth it, kids.

^Welcome to my daily existance

I go to bed at six am. and wake up at 5 in the evening... then stay up till six the next morning

...its like my head doesnt trust nighttime enough to shut off when the sun is gone or something

its 4:05 am right now....

but this is perfect if your a procrastinator because then you have all night to make up for what you shouldve been doing all along

*returns to 85 pages of econ homework due tomorrow

im going to try caffine pills during the day to help me stay awake and get me back on track

^Welcome to my daily existance

I go to bed at six am. and wake up at 5 in the evening... then stay up till six the next morning

...its like my head doesnt trust nighttime enough to shut off when the sun is gone or something

its 4:05 am right now....

but this is perfect if your a procrastinator because then you have all night to make up for what you shouldve been doing all along

Okay. This is so me. :blank:

Have you tried doing something that bore you to death you'll fall asleep?

I used to be as fucked up as all of you, but one day my friend gave me a book by Nicholas Sparks; Dear John. It is the most horrible book I've ever read. I tried to read it once but it got me to sleep after one page. So I kept on reading it every night. It took me one year to finish reading it, but I can remember nothing from the book. Hah.

Okay. This is so me. :blank:

its not quite so bad in summer when you can sleep away and not have to account for anything... but during school ...falling asleep at 6 am and having to BE to school 2 HOURS later = FML!

I slept my way though econ... no wonder i didnt pass.

Either that or id skip P.E. and take a nap in the school greenhouse.

I used to be as fucked up as all of you, but one day my friend gave me a book by Nicholas Sparks; Dear John. It is the most horrible book I've ever read. I tried to read it once but it got me to sleep after one page. So I kept on reading it every night. It took me one year to finish reading it, but I can remember nothing from the book. Hah.

I tried that with Eclipse... but i ended up "editing it" with a pen and sometimes being too pissed off by it to sleep.

I eventually used it to mop up an Arizona Green Tea i spilled (spilt?)

..it was surprisingly absorbent.... who wouldve thought it... a twilight book... useful.

Off all technology.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA :laugh3:

Nicholas Sparks is so cheesy. :sick:

Mine are so screwed right now, for the past month+ I've had a fairly regular schedule of going to bed at 2 or 3 and getting up at 1 or 1:30... fine, except now I'm trying to get back to sleeping normal. Day before yesterday (or three days ago... that's another thing, I don't know if today counts as, like, today, or a continuation of yesterday at this point anymore) I was exhausted and went to bed at like 11 o'clock, then woke up at 4 following a bad dream, tried to go to sleep for about 45 minutes, then said "fuck it" and stayed up the rest of the day.

Despite being utterly tired I couldn't fall asleep until 3:00 the next day, and so I slept until 1:30 today/yesterday. Cue my dad getting pissed at me for an unrelated reason and ranting to me about how my sleeping habits are fucked. (Which they are) Cue me agreeing with him, then him getting inexplicably more rageful at me. Cue me lying in bed trying to fall asleep for like 30 minutes after that. No dice.

Cue my dad telling me later I need to bring the netbook downstairs for safekeeping overnight at 9:00 pm (perfectly reasonable really I guess). Cue me trying to go to sleep at 8:45 last night. (And succeeding! Woot!)

Cue me waking up at 2:00 and not being able to fall asleep despite trying for about 30 minutes, then trying again at around 4. (EVEN THOUGH I AM TIRED. I AM TIRED BUT CANNOT FALL ASLEEP. WTF SON.) I went downstairs to clean up (my insomnia cure-all) around 5, when my dad often gets up, and he yelled at me for walking around in the morning. (This despite the fact that he is already up and watching the morning news. Illogical dick.) So right now I am just so fucked.

FUCK CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS.

Sounds to me like your issue is... daddy issues.

And I could figure that out after going to bed at 12:30am and getting up at 4:30am today. I just pwned your crazy sleeping habits and your thread.

mwah ha ha

Sounds to me like your issue is... daddy issues.

And I could figure that out after going to bed at 12:30am and getting up at 4:30am today. I just pwned your crazy sleeping habits and your thread.

mwah ha ha

Not really, I've had similar issues all summer basically. Issues =/= daddy issues, not as far as sleeping goes anywah.